• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2009 Grow Log

Txclosetgrower said:
Bout f'ing time.

3938991612_63ae8dd405_b2.jpg

This is an Aji Lemon?

Damn tasty peppers, well worth the wait. The ripe ones are really sweet with a bright perfumy kinda citrusy flavor and an immediate medium heat. The burn doesn't last too long but it has a really good heat that is hot but not overwhelming. Definitely will grow again I think outdoor next year. Hopefully get to plant one in that community garden I'm working on at work :)

Txclosetgrower said:
Damn tasty peppers, well worth the wait. The ripe ones are really sweet with a bright perfumy kinda citrusy flavor and an immediate medium heat. The burn doesn't last too long but it has a really good heat that is hot but not overwhelming. Definitely will grow again I think outdoor next year. Hopefully get to plant one in that community garden I'm working on at work :)

YO! Finally getting some peppers off them things huh>! Haven't really been on the forums that much lately. Looking GOOD, but somethings still going on with those leaves! Move em outdoors next year and use LESS nutes...and MORE R.0. water. Cover the res with reflective duct tape or mylar and as long as its big enough the temp will be fine. I love dutch buckets but it seems that inorder for your peppers to like em, you're gonna have to read those symptoms and accomadate specific varieties' needs. I.E having too many diff var. all running from one res...etc etc...Love the setup though dude FOR REAL!

Pepper-Guru said:
YO! Finally getting some peppers off them things huh>! Haven't really been on the forums that much lately. Looking GOOD, but somethings still going on with those leaves! Move em outdoors next year and use LESS nutes...and MORE R.0. water. Cover the res with reflective duct tape or mylar and as long as its big enough the temp will be fine. I love dutch buckets but it seems that inorder for your peppers to like em, you're gonna have to read those symptoms and accomadate specific varieties' needs. I.E having too many diff var. all running from one res...etc etc...Love the setup though dude FOR REAL!

The reason the plants look shitty, and you're probably not going to believe this shit, but I've been feeding them straight water since I cut them back in July cause I've been too lazy to go buy more nutes. And they have done all that growing, flowering & fruiting with just nothing but water added when they got low. :shocked:

I am going to go pick up some more nutes tomorrow and finally give them a feeding, it doesn't look like they'll last much longer without it lol.

Also, harvested all the ripe peppers off the plant today:

3982106671_c5e32f3fd1_b.jpg

83 peppers
252g (8.89 oz, 0.56lbs)

And still at least that many more green ones on the plants. All the ones that were harvested were sent to the dehydrator for powder, the next round is destined for the sauce pot.

If anyone wants any guaranteed true breeding Aji Lemon Drop(C. baccatum) seeds, all I need is a PM & an SASE and they're yours. I have a metric shitload so don't be scared to ask.

Harvested more ripe peppers today.

4004056290_5e70c6ced7_b.jpg

Less pods, more weight this time. 81 pods weighing 9.97 oz.

So that brings the total for the two big harvests to 164 pods & 18.86 oz (1.18lbs)

Back