• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2015 Pepper Hauls

doesn't compare to the majority but i'm still proud of them.  first time pepper grower, started from seed four and half months ago......

9ba87616-f0a9-4e0a-b2ee-c926842819f7.jpg

another small haul

Todays Harvest

Left-Right, Top-Bottom:
PdN x Bhut (ripens Red w/ a tiny bit of purple remaining) *no stripes
"not" 7 pot Bubblegum*Large
Red Thai
Trinidad Congo Red
Bubblegum 7 pot *Yellow
PdN x Bhut (ripens Peach w/ purple) *no stripes
Tobago Scotch Bonnet *Yellow
Bhut Jolokia
White Fatalii
Amish Bush
Aji Lemon Drop
Ecuadorian sweet Rocoto
Aji dulce #1
Aribibi Gusano
Trinidad Seasoning x Trinidad Perfume ? (The only 1 that grew red out of 5 Trinidad Perfume plants from saved seeds *grew next to Trinidad seasoning last year)
Datil sweet
Chacoense
Farmers Jalapeno 

Rairdog said:
I knew today was gonna be a good haul.  I had been putting it off for a couple days.

So I went and bought a Cabelas 10 tray dehydrator, picked em and filled it up!

Danm that is going to smell good.

Third haul of this size and last weeks was only slightly smaller.  Hoping for a slowdown now.  Lot more plants are virtually depleted, but some are still loaded.  Red Nagabrains has to be the most productive plants ever.  They are my #1 producer every week and unlike others where the pod size and quality is diminishing, these are not and maybe getting bigger and pods meaner as they are now growing stingers.

IMG_20150906_164801651_zpsejhv36q2.jpg

Good lord man, I gotta pick some tomorrow but thankfully no where near that many. Just a few supers that took forever. Mainly Jays Peach, 7pot burgundy and a primo or two. 

D3monic said:
Good lord man, I gotta pick some tomorrow but thankfully no where near that many. Just a few supers that took forever. Mainly Jays Peach, 7pot burgundy and a primo or two. 
Yeah, it takes like 6+ hours to do this.  I would like to say I won't do this ever again, but its easy to say now while my back hurts and I have more than I know what to do with.  Come January and having no pods for months, I tend to forget the misery of this and probably start it all over again.  

I THINK my grow will be a little smaller variety wise next year but going to grow quite a few of the crosses so probably close to same amount of plants. This was the year to experiment and see what all I like. 

things getting the axe would be 

aji crystal
inca berry
tepin x lemon drop
australian lantern
cumari
white bullet habs
aji amarillo
maybe criolla sella
orange or reg wild brazil
goatsweed (will grow the cross instead)
urfa beiber
large orange thai

Planting a few more Champion next year. 

And here I was thinking I was special still picking pods at the "start" of the season this side of the equator. Good work neighbor.

SR.

Back