• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

I got a question, whether to you thirdcoasttx or others. Wouldn't it be better to remove the flowers and pods and let the plant grow larger? Won't a couple of fruits force the plan to focus on these instead of growing, developing root system, etc.?

Probably, but do to a late start, first time growing, cold weather, and limited indoor grow space im going to leave them be. Gonna start some other seeds soon and when the weather warms up those will go in larger containers outside and ill focus on growing those bigger. For now im just stoked that these plants didn't die off like my first attempts and are actually producing pods!!

Back home from the family trip and the three days of lights on did no harm. In fact my fatali grew almost 1 3/4 inches it was the smallest and is now the tallest. The smaller sb pods amaze me at how much bigger they are just over the past few days. I never expected to get pods indoors now im curious if theyll ripen inside.

thirdcoasttx said:
Alright quick update. Noticed all three are rootbound but will pot up this weekend. On a positive note one of the flower buds popped open today.
I've seen similar kinds of spots on my ow clones. Don't quote me, but I suspect it's bacterial, the result of stress. After try were in comfy pots they spots stopped spreading, but they won't disappear.

If they are some kind of pest I'd love to find out too!

That's great that your getting some pods already.  If they're growing, they should ripen under the same conditions, though they might be a little slow.

I wouldn't worry about the leaf spots, unless they start showing up on the newer leaves.  The twisted, gnarly leaves are fairly common in indoor grows, but not having had that problem myself, I don't remember the cause.  Someone here should be able to tell you, though.

Not much to update on other than that the fatalii has grown to about 14-15 inches (above the soil line) and flowers started blooming but just falling off. Still only four pods on one sb and 1 lonely pod on the second. They dont seem to have grown much since their last spurt and are still greener than ever. In a couple weeks im gonna pot up the fatalii and stick it outside and see how it does. The only problem is that my patio faces kind of north west but I have noticed it slowly getting more sun in the afternoon so we'll see. Damn fungus gnats are back so im still battling them.

Looking great! What was the time frame between planting, and those pods showing up? I'm jealous... I still dont even have any blooms on mine, let alone pods!

Looking great! What was the time frame between planting, and those pods showing up? I'm jealous... I still dont even have any blooms on mine, let alone pods!

Not quite sure I will keep better track when I germ the bb7 seeds. They were very slow growing at first but I didnt have very good lighting. After installing the ho t5s and potting up a couple times they really took off, the only problem is now im running out of room in the closet. My sb with 4 pods is still putting on new leaves but not growing any taller I imagine its putting all its energy into the pods.

Been hearing alot about the HO t5's. Thinking it might be time to start looking into some for myself. They're what like 54w/bulb?

I know that over-feeding can cause gnarly leaves like that sometimes. Are you supplementing whats in the soil still? If so, with what, and how much?

My lights are 2ft 4 bulb and I believe its a 100w fixture. At first I didnt feed them anything they were in a miracle grow potting soil. Now ive moved them into an organic soil with no chemical ferts and ive been alternating every other week with water, tomato food, and fish emulsion. The fatalii gets more water because it drinks like crazy I have to water it almost every 3 days. The new growth seems to be doing a bit better as far as the curling and gnarl goes.

Very excited about this update! The first pod to set on my smallest sb is beginning to ripen!!! I know its not much but other than sticking a bean in a cup of dirt in 5th grade this is my first grow and im super stoked about it. I cabt wait to eat this bad boy. Only thing is I guess since it set pods so early the plant has stayed small and the pods are fairly small. Oh well here it is.

Nice job thus far third coast!!! Speaking of...where abouts on the third coast? I lived in McAllen, Aransas Pass...and have a bunch of relatives in the Houston/Beaumont area.

Good looking plants im using t5 also. How far do you have them from plants?

This particular plant is about 10 inches away. It was growing the best and then all of a suddon it put on 4 pods and the other only put on one but took off height wise. This plant is now the smallest. The other sb and the fatalii are about 2 inches from the light.
Nice job thus far third coast!!! Speaking of...where abouts on the third coast? I lived in McAllen, Aransas Pass...and have a bunch of relatives in the Houston/Beaumont area.

Im in corpus christi

Back