• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

It seemed like forever. I dont know if the fatalii will pod up inside it flowers like crazy but eventually just drops them. As soon as the fronts stop coming its going outside.

Great job! eventually those Fataliis may set indoors. Chinense and Pubescens are very picky about temp and light and can drop hundreds of flowers before they finally start putting some pollen in the flowers. If you want to try and force it, you can steal some pollen from that Scotch Bonnet that is setting pods and cross it. The seeds wouldn't be true, but when I am looking for first pods I do that all the time. I use an artists brush and share pollen from my first producers with the plants that are being stubborn then isolate and save seeds from later pods.

I never thought about using the sb pollen. I have used an artist brush and noticed a little pollen from the fatalii flowers but they still wont set pods. Ill try crossing them and see what happens.

Got 60 or so seeds in the trays this morning. 2014 grow list is bubblegum 7pot, 7pot primo, red bhuts, trinidad moruga scorpion, orange peter pepper, and I'm gonna try some tomatoes, new big dwarf and beefsteak. Now i don't have room for all of these once they get bigger so the old man has agreed to host a few of them.

thirdcoasttx said:
I forgot to mention I have been looking into the whole bonsai/bonchi thing, I think im gonna give that a shot at the end of the season.
I'm thinking about doing the same. Depending on how the season goes, and if there are any worthy contenders. You have a variety in mind?

Im kind of in the same boat we will see how it goes. I will probably try and do a bb7 and a primo. Ive also read about fusing plants to get some super thick trunks so being that I dont have enough room to grow every seed I planted I might see if I can fuse a couple. If they survive and do have thick trunks I'll use those.

What is the bb7?

Fusing trunks huh? If you try that, or it works... you should keep us posted through here! I'd like to see how that turns out...

What is the bb7?

Fusing trunks huh? If you try that, or it works... you should keep us posted through here! I'd like to see how that turns out...

Not sure if thats the correct abbreviation for it (bubblegum 7pot). Yeah im not too sure about it ill have to find the link again where I read about fusing. It looked pretty cool though.

http://fatalii.net/Bonsai_Chiles_Bonchi I think this is the one you have to read down a little ways. Still gonna do a little more research before going through with it. It will give me something to do while waiting for seeds to pop.

Back