• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking 5.0's Sous Vide sucks and you should feel bad BGE Smoked Brisket

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
this isn't the 
giphy.gif
 thread :lol:

it's the #sousvidesucks thread
:rofl:

:cheers:

Dude if anyone knows about hybrid cooking it's you.

Now go make me a sandwich. You know. A quesadilla. :rofl: 

The Hot Pepper said:
I also figured middle... so I guessed close I guess. Figured smoke at high temp to form bark, then sous vide, then back on smoker normal temp just to dry out bark, or similar... but I don't think that would be faster (would it?)... or better, but would be interesting to see!
smoke in beginning for smoke/ring, SV for gentle/long cook for doneness, and hours at end to create usual bark and render fat/collagen ...

I slowly touched my meat to see if it was willing.  She did not refuse.  I then grasped firmly at her widest part.  I gently squeezed some yellow sauce onto her, rubbing her from top to bottom.  I then flipped her over for full service rubbing.  Next I sprinkled my magic dust onto her, kneading the magic in.  She did not refuse.  Slowly, she built up a thick layer of magic seasoning, culminating in a crescendo.  We both finished at the same time and all was right with the world.

19145769_10213184284186895_7902011576499131008_n.jpg

19113627_10213184283626881_5386446068022844125_n.jpg

grantmichaels said:
"Check out this video of how we used sous vide to make a small cut of beef brisket far better than it is possible in a smoker ..."

- M.G.

^^^ for Booma, not GIP or 5.0 ...

calchilihead said:
And finally on the smoker, ready to go night night for 16+ hours.  See you tomorrow my sweet love.

19113904_10213184283266872_7384415362204595839_n.jpg
please tell me that is some sort of makeshift-mesh-Faraday cage of Copper around the rim, an not Bacon being used as a seal  :rofl:

I can't wait to see this cook come together...
I have been waiting to see more "Q",  "top": #Jacuzzi-meat here, for a while now  :party:
@calichilehead please take lots of pics and share as many as you feel comfortable with :)

am already salivating anticipating final results  :drooling:  :drooling:

:cheers:
G.I.P. 

Back