"A Weber like never before."

FreeportBum said:
That's sweet but I would like to see you cook a pizza on that^^  I'm only talking pizza. Anything else I can do on my standard weber's with no worries. Same with the egg, I would only purchase for pizza. But that's just me. i'm still on a mission to make a pic1 pie  :cheers:

Yes...exactly...that is why I am waiting for JayT to do pizza on the egg.  He makes some killer pizza too and with the right dough, it will be interesting to see his results.   That maybe the turning point for me.   

tctenten said:

Yes...exactly...that is why I am waiting for JayT to do pizza on the egg.  He makes some killer pizza too and with the right dough, it will be interesting to see his results.   That maybe the turning point for me.   
Speaking of pizza dough, how much of my hoe do I add when making me some? Think I might kick off a second batch with the leftover from the stuff you sent. 

BTW, this weather sucks...

12933031_10205748757702559_5533180586304991624_n.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Speaking of pizza dough, how much of my hoe do I add when making me some? Think I might kick off a second batch with the leftover from the stuff you sent. 

BTW, this weather sucks...

12933031_10205748757702559_5533180586304991624_n.jpg

you want a pizza recipe for oven pizzas?  500f  type of cook?

flour     675  grams (different flours will provide different results)
water    366 grams  (depending on your tap, bottled might be better)
salt         24 grams
IDY          2 grams
oil           16 grams
sugar      16 grams
hoe        275 grams fully active

I use a Kitchenaid ...Mix everything on a low speed for a minute or two until incorporated.  Let it rest for 5 minutes.  Mix again for 1 minute on a medium speed.  Remove from bowl and do a stretch and fold then 4 more folds after 5 minute rest intervals.  After the last fold, divide and scale, then ball it, then put in a lightly oiled quart size ziploc.  Toss in fridge and use anytime after 2-5 days.  Yopu can also freeze it during that time period.  This will make 4- 5 dough balls depending on the size you want.  

tctenten said:
salt         24 grams
IDY          2 grams
oil           16 grams
sugar      16 grams

I use a Kitchenaid ...Mix everything on a low speed for a minute or two until incorporated.  Let it rest for 5 minutes.  Mix again for 1 minute on a medium speed.  Remove from bowl and do a stretch and fold then 4 more folds after 5 minute rest intervals.  After the last fold, divide and scale, then ball it, then put in a lightly oiled quart size ziploc.  Toss in fridge and use anytime after 2-5 days.  Yopu can also freeze it during that time period.  This will make 4- 5 dough balls depending on the size you want.  
Thanks a ton, what do you scale at for each ball, gram wise or do you eyeball it? 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Thanks a ton, what do you scale at for each ball, gram wise or do you eyeball it? 

For a dough ball, I do anywhere from 250 gram-350 grams.   I have split that recipe into 4 - 6 dough balls ...depending on my plans.  I use a scale, but you can eyeball it.  Depends on your need for uniformity.  

Grill looks well made and spiffy. Damper looks like a Mustang gas cap. Construction looks good, nice heft and welds. Open-air heat insulated could be good, with the open bottom so the heat is shooting up the sides. To turn it down you just adjust, with a ceramic, the heat holds so no lowering like that. I dig. Will be interesting the see it in action.

The price I would imagine will come down unless this is a sell-out situation from the hype. If they are not selling as planned, drop.

Some good ideas, but overall not that impressed. Am I going to steal ideas for modding a standard kettle, sure am. For that kind of dough you can buy a nice stick burner or pellet pooper. I have no doubt though they'll be showing up in some white bread executive's backyard with bad burgers,weenies and bad que. Isn't that they (weber) wants. Betcha a pork butt tastes better off it than off a modded mini.lol

tctenten said:
salt         24 grams
IDY          2 grams
oil           16 grams
sugar      16 grams

I am not much of a cook so I am unsure of a couple abbreviations in this recipe.
What are "IDY"  and "hoe"?

Thanks.

The more I look at the grill, the more I think... hmm okay so they didn't go kamado, they went "upgraded kettle with kamado look," and all that can be done on this can be done on the kettle. For a LOT cheaper.

The hamster wheels turning----
Years ago when smokenator came out you could pull the technical drawings off the net and tweek your own. Isn't what this country was built on, taking a design and improving on it?

Back