• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Amost went to the hospital!

Omri...do you really not eat pig?

There's always turkey or 'vegan' bacon....
1.gif

They do look quite scrumptious don't they?

Replace half of the hab with a thinly sliced piece of beef tenderloin and I'd go to war with you for a dozen of 'em.

Hope you have a full recovery. Thanks for getting me in the grilling mood.

yep those bacon caribbean red poppers look tasty! good job on some tasty treats.

omri - theres turkey bacon, dont know if you can get it there. & dont listen to quad, turkey bacon is good eating. not as tasty as real bacon but still good & better for ya.

AJ - omri cant even use a knife or fork that touched pig meat, I looked at a jewish website(they listed whats kosher) awhile back looking for a recipe & WOW :shocked: they were VERY strict! to say the least. they even forbid the talk or show forbiden items or even try to tempt others to consume them & they were threatened with being banned from that site.
makes me wonder what others might think of omri looking at this website :think:

Caustic Casey said:
I only ate one, all at once - call me wimpy, but I felt like someone stabbed me in the stomach.
The initial flavor was incredible, but once the heat peaked I was in alot of pain... I think it might have been the oils from the bacon and the cheese that dispersed the capsaicin like a tidal wave...
:mouthonfire:

Use something not so hot next time like scotch bonnets and you will be fine. Great job cooking those! :cool:

Those treats do look great, sorry to hear about your stomach though. I agree that it was probably due to having very little food in it.

I think I'm going to have to give them a try myself, they looked that good.

AlabamaJack said:
Omri...do you really not eat pig?
Pig, Hog, Pork... you can call it whatever you want, I choose not to eat it. :)
Does not mean you're less of a person if you do, just a belief kinda thing.
QuadShotz said:
There's always turkey or 'vegan' bacon....
chilehunter said:
yep those bacon caribbean red poppers look tasty! good job on some tasty treats.

omri - theres turkey bacon, dont know if you can get it there. & dont listen to quad, turkey bacon is good eating. not as tasty as real bacon but still good & better for ya.
If it's called "bacon", I can't find it in any of the local (Kosher) markets. people might not like the presence of "bacon", even if Kosher.
chilehunter said:
AJ - omri cant even use a knife or fork that touched pig meat, I looked at a jewish website(they listed whats kosher) awhile back looking for a recipe & WOW they were VERY strict! to say the least. they even forbid the talk or show forbiden items or even try to tempt others to consume them & they were threatened with being banned from that site.
makes me wonder what others might think of omri looking at this website
Can't eat with dishes used with pork. Can't use dishes used with meat for eating dairy and the other way around. I *can* look at pork and if anyone has a problem with that, come talk to me. ;) :lol:
Philipperv said:
You're no fun!
Have you tried the new "Super Hot Chile Dog Bacon"? :P

I can respect eating those bacon wrapped balls of fire and I can respect choosing not to eat pig.

Personally I'll eat just about anything once. Sometimes I'll try something I don't like twice to make sure the first taste was really bad enough to make me not want to eat it :)

Omri said:
Pig, Hog, Pork... you can call it whatever you want, I choose not to eat it. :)
Does not mean you're less of a person if you do, just a belief kinda thing.

Sure hope you didn't think I was being critical Omri...it was just a question I had...

Go Easy

Thanks for all the support !! I think my advice to you all would be NOT to just pop a whole one in your mouth, chew away, and swallow it, as I did. Use a knife and fork, and GO SLOW, maybe?

And you were right, I was starving- I hadn't eaten all day so when they came off the grill I was like a rabid dog.
More so after it hit my stomach!!:mouthonfire:

Live and learn! BTW, that's Lawsons seasoned salt sprinkled on top in pic one-- added a nice flavor.

I feel much better. Took about two days!!

Man those look beautiful I have a bunch of Jalapenos that I am getting ready for a big game next weekend. Florida UT.

Omri said:
Have you tried the new "Super Hot Chile Dog Bacon"? :P

No but it sounds delicious. Getting serious for a minute (and only 1 minute!) I don't think it is right for a religion to dictate what we should eat and not eat, when we should eat, and how we should eat. I'm not just referring to Judaism but also to the other religions. End of rant.

Philipperv said:
No but it sounds delicious. Getting serious for a minute (and only 1 minute!) I don't think it is right for a religion to dictate what we should eat and not eat, when we should eat, and how we should eat. I'm not just referring to Judaism but also to the other religions. End of rant.
Well there are REASONS, that I'm sure you're aware of. it's a way of life in so many ways, not just diet-related.

The reason I do not follow my kosher upbringing is because I love me piglet meat. Bacon, sausage, mmmm ribs, then there is the shellfish thingy that I just do not get. At least my parents didn't make me stay kosher in the household like their parents. Of course, we might have all grow up skinnier. :(

I always looked into my late grandmother's eyes whenever we used go out to eat as a family and she just wanted to know why we were "mmmm-ing" about when we ate ribs and cocktail shrimp. She would ask if the food was good, but never wanted to try it because she wanted to stay kosher. Poor woman. Never knew how good pig tastes.

Back