Aphids, thrips, mites? pretty much whatever!

grover said:
Maybe I'll have another generation of fighters coming up... based on the activity I'm seeing now.  :party:
Most assuredly you will. I have had 3 successive generations in my grow room. Still, the aphids won.

I just spotted this super tiny microscopic alien on a leaf inside of my grow tent. Anyone know what it is?

IMG_7582.JPG

Baby aphid? This picture is shot with my iPhone through the lens of my 30x magnifying glass.

You got an aphid now, you will soon have hundreds. And with enough food, thousands. You need Guardian.

I recieved my sample the other day, unfortunately my mom is in the hospital, so pepper plants are not on the top of the list.

I do have a question and hopefully someone can help. I have aphids that showed up shortly after bringing the plants inside. I used Volk Oil on them about a month ago and it wiped out most of them, but there are a small amount that made it. Do I need to strip the Volk Oil off before using the Guardian? If so, how do I go about removing the oil, will water was it off? I could put the plants in the shower with some warm water for an extended rinse unless someone thinks that is a bad idea.

I hope to get to apply the new product this weekend and once I have results I'll post how I made out.

As we are experiencing some great warm December weather, I took my plants outside and blasted them with a hose to hopefully remove as many Aphids and Volk Oil as possible. After they dried off I mixed up some of the Guardian and drenched the plant as per the instructions. I gave the plants a quick check a few hours later and didn't see any live aphids.

I'll post again in about a week to see if any made it through the treatment.

I stopped by the grow shop and picked up a whole new restock of Guardian samples. Not too late to get one if you are on the next round of the seed train.

Also an update on application. In the past instructions were to 2x and even 3x for certain mite infestations. New studies show single strength applications are sufficient for all pest.

geeme said:
OH was not on your list, though your list is a few months old by now. Can some be sent here?
What list are you referring to?
Regardless if you contact the email link at the bottom of my posts you can request a sample. For full instructions ,I recommend reading the thread aphid,thrips,mites and whatever.

I'm gonna have to get me me a free sample of this Guardian. When you put so much feelings, money, time and labor into your garden then some pests come along just to do some serious damage to your work very fast, I want to be ready for them. I have options, but one more would be great!
Thanks Jeff for sharing a great product and all others that posted there sincere reviews.

Lovepeppers said:
I'm gonna have to get me me a free sample of this Guardian. When you put so much feelings, money, time and labor into your garden then some pests come along just to do some serious damage to your work very fast, I want to be ready for them. I have options, but one more would be great!
Thanks Jeff for sharing a great product and all others that posted there sincere reviews.
This stuff is different from anything you have ever used. It works and unlike many other products that do work as well, this does not destroy your plants in the process. Samples are going out as requested on the seed train.

CAPCOM said:
What list are you referring to?
From your first post: This is new! It is not yet approved by the EPA for sale in all states. That is currently pending.
It is approved in California, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Colorado, Washington, Florida, Maine, Oregon, New York, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, N. Carolina

Ah, that list. Not sure of updates and don't want to bother Mike with business today but I Will get you an answer. I think it is good all over now. However, "probably at my computer does" not aid me in determining if your state is on or off the list.

CAPCOM said:
However, "probably at my computer does" not aid me in determining if your state is on or off the list.

That would be why I started my first post with:
geeme said:
OH was not on your list...
Had a few too many cups of cheer today? ;) It's all good!

Here's my update 10 days after the application.

It seems to be a complete success!  I had two Reapers, one Red Caribbean, and a Sweet Potato Vine that were covered with Aphids. I've been checking on them every few days and each time I think I see some on one of the plants I grab a magnifying glass only to see a group of lifeless Aphid "shells". The worst was the one Reaper that I cut back to overwinter. I honestly didn't think it was going to make it, it was down to just a few leaves that were barely hanging on. Now it's full of new growth.

Guardian Kicks Ass!!!!!!

Back