seed-train Atomic ghost train

The train arrived here today, and it's already packed up and ready for PepperDaddler! Unfortunately, I work 6am-6pm tomorrow so I can't make it to the P.O., but my dad is going to attempt to put it out tomorrow. If the Post Office here is open tomorrow, I will post the tracking number when I get off. If not, I assure everyone I will get it out first thing Monday morning.

P.S. - This thing is LOADED!

Scarlet Fire said:
The train arrived here today, and it's already packed up and ready for PepperDaddler! Unfortunately, I work 6am-6pm tomorrow so I can't make it to the P.O., but my dad is going to attempt to put it out tomorrow. If the Post Office here is open tomorrow, I will post the tracking number when I get off. If not, I assure everyone I will get it out first thing Monday morning.

P.S. - This thing is LOADED!
P.S - This thing is LOADED?
HUH? Oh yah Baby:-)

Spoiler Teaser Alert: The train currently fills most of a SFRB. Enjoy a small taste of 3 powders from me, and who knows how many varieties of seeds from all. I was tempted to photograph it for those further down the list, but it's so worth the wait, and these things always evolve in appearance anyway. So just be patient and trust me, you'll find something you don't have.

I am in, if there is still room.  Have plenty of seeds to share!  And depending when it gets here, might have more from this year!

Sorry, had a few late passengers!

I think were going to need a bigger train...

1280 passengers of 12 races were added at this stop.

All aboard!!

Off to the post office now. Will post tracking # when I get it.

Question:

Will the train eventually come back around again or does it stop at scarecrow?

I saw varieties I had not heard of before. I added some that may not have been heard of myself.

So is this when I am considered "out"?

--or does it continue in an endless loop with people joining and people choosing to opt out?

Never done a train before.

PepperDaddler said:
I saw varieties I had not heard of before. I added some that may not have been heard of myself.

So is this when I am considered "out"?

--or does it continue in an endless loop with people joining and people choosing to opt out?

Never done a train before.
I guess it depends on the conductor
but the last train was on its second go round before was hijacked?

In my experience Seed trains have been a lot of fun and have also allowed another way to pay back to this generous community.  THP members supplied me with all the seed, information, good karma and encouragement needed to become a serious hot chili freak.
The trains have been a lot like one of my favorite movie themes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AFa1-kciCb4
The Good- start the train rolling with quality seeds, well packed and identified. They mail the train with tracking numbers.  The best of The Good have pride in their contributions and ID them with their member name.
But sometimes - The Bad come aboard; take more than a few seeds, contribute few interesting varieties and/or stuff the train with 'mystery seeds' or 'unspecified mixes'. I don't think anyone objects to 'newer chiliheads' taking more varieties than they are yet able to contribute but they should take only what they honestly intend to grow, not start collecting a stock for trading, like people do with postage stamps, baseball cards or coins.
Probably the worst of The Bad are those who add seeds of questionable growing value that waste the growers time and efforts.  We expect that O.P. seeds are the norm and the surprises from growing an unexpected cross can be exciting discoveries. (Three of my most interesting chilis this season are results of such surprises!)

Then there are - The Ugly, the SOBs who hold up the train, with the ultimate Ugly Guy – the Hijacker.  

Well I hope I put in a few varieties not seen by most, and I hope I am in the first category, no reason I should not be.

On a positive note, everybody take what you need. Please leave enough for all the rest but I want to see the growth. Is it too much to ask that once we germinate we post pics on this thread? Seems right to me.

Hope you like what you find!

-PepperDaddler

P.S.--Someone please contribute to my trade status if you could. I think I did a very good job labeling and all, good seeds......Thank You.
Nevermind, I guess there is not a trader status anymore. My bad.

Sure did and its ready to leave tomorrow morning for its next stop. Lots of different varieties for sure. Habanero fellow its headed your way.I will post the tracking number as soon as its sent.

Back