• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest August Throwdown

My crown hath been returned!!!

Thanks THP!!!! LOVE IT!!

BTW, I know I'm inspired to write this because my crown looks so shiny and cool, but THANK YOU for all that you do to make this site awesome, esp. the throwdown part.
I really look forward to these things every month, and I know the rest of the crew does too! You put in a lot of time and effort to pull 'em off. Thank you! (a single tear just dropped...slowly)

Newbies, check the crowns. You, too, can have one. You just have to come strong on throwdown week!!

TB, start digging.
There has to be a desert equivalent of ice fishing.

There is. Its called IN&OUT Burger. I was there today for lunch. mrs. blues must have reckoned I needed to be manned up what with all the veggie hippy stuff I've been eating lately. A Double Double animal style will man you right up!

Now we'll get more entrants since they will all want crowns ;)

Got the crown in the mail today thanks THP! :rofl:
prague-castle-old-royal-palace-st-wenceslas-royal-crown-large.jpg

I have a killer shrimp curry recipe...but I've already posted it before.....

But I'm in for regional.
Shrimp ain't a fish, Pauly ;)

and if we go for the "regional", then the pasta requirement would need to be dropped or just changed to fish-and-a-side.

here's a picture of the kid's first lake trout-
MMMMmmmmmm, and all it had on it was butter, salt, and pepper! :razz:
swanlk2010005.jpg

you served it like that?
yup! I figured, why not? After all, I did all the work to cook it, I should have first dibs on the good meat.

:rofl: :rofl:

Go to the throwdown section and check out some of the past threads. That will explain everything.

here's the page link-
http://www.thehotpepper.com/forum/111-throwdowns/

For each of the recent throwdowns, there is the discussion thread where we post the teaser pics and engage in all manner of frivolous smack-talking and then post the actual entry with pictures, recipe (or at least ingredients) and descriptions.

The Boss then compiles all the entries into the voting thread and subsequent congratulations to the person who just got smack-talked are extended. :)

It's all good fun~

PS~ Thanks, Boss for the crowns back! I just felt so naked and exposed without my crown! lol!

Nope...

BUT, I don't recall anyone saying we were limiting this throwdown to FISH. Last I heard was it was still seafood.

.....but what do I know! :lol:

You're right! Everyone kept saying "fish" on the last couple pages, I went back to the Boss's post which says "seafood".

I'm hoping for seafood, not just fish.

I might just do the shrimp ceviche....or Baja fish tacos....or take the kid fishing again for some more fresh lake trout.....(might actually get a picture of the whole fish this time...lol) ........HHmmmmmmm

The secret ingredient is cheese.

cheese?!? well in that case, I'm back to the previously mentioned fish sticks and CheezWhiz. :sick:

Are you saying the throwdown will be seafood, with a secret cheese requirement?

Or is it just a cheese throwdown?

Do they make soy cheese, TB?

Back