• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest August Throwdown

JOKE! No cheese. I like to watch you guys squirm sometimes.

shrimp fondue

you know, cheese thing aside....that seafood alfredo sounds pretty delish! Except it needs Dungeness crab instead of snow crab.

You doing that one Pauly? I'd give it a go except that big ol' ugly four-letter "D" word hits Monday.

So THIS weekend is pig-out city.

Dunno what I'm doing just yet...but that's a distinct possibility. With school starting this Monday and both twins playing football....I may be a bit pressed for time.

School? for the twins? ALREADY?!? We have another 4 weeks of summer for our kids.

Haha THP, Yeah I forgot the Cavender's seasoning but good fish needs very little, don't make me whip out the tuna from a can. I said that to make a point fish throwdown needs to be more than just a slab of fish. :think:

Totally Cappy. Fresh fish is best kept simple. I break out the heavy seasonin's when that fish is just a bit past fresh.

Hope I get a chance to get out in time to have somethin good on hand. Lot of overtime at work lately, and water temps are still kinda low down in the Coronados, probably ain't gonna get my albacore trip in before this one is done. Might get a chance Fri. night locally. Maybe Sheepshead or Sculpin?

Totally Cappy. Fresh fish is best kept simple. I break out the heavy seasonin's when that fish is just a bit past fresh.

Hope I get a chance to get out in time to have somethin good on hand. Lot of overtime at work lately, and water temps are still kinda low down in the Coronados, probably ain't gonna get my albacore trip in before this one is done. Might get a chance Fri. night locally. Maybe Sheepshead or Sculpin?

I get my seafood at Kroger or Wal-Mart.

Paulky, why don't ya get out and get on a river or lake out there? Gotta be some good panfish around?

btw, this thing just fish or all seafood?

Paulky, why don't ya get out and get on a river or lake out there? Gotta be some good panfish around?

btw, this thing just fish or all seafood?

Because my Uglystick broke back in 1985 when my fat-ass brother sat on it. :rofl:

I think this is an all-inclusive seafood shin-dig... ;)

Back