• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aus newbie q's

lol She's got a bit of size to her :) Now I just need peppers off it. At least when its fully wilted like that I can see all the peppers.

It might have 40+ peppers now but all fairly small which I guess is normal for a bih.

How's this for growth :)

Choc Bhut 19th dec

dec19th006.jpg

Same pod 22nd dec

dec22th006z.jpg

Mmmmmmmm the bhuts are lookin soo nasty

lol I hope it produces pods for another 6 months that would be awsome hahaha

I didn't cut it back over winter at all. It looked healthy all the way through winter and actually produced a few small pods along the way. Its seems to have worked well lol

If I'm lucky enough this years plants might also make it to next summer also :)

mmmmm More peppers have gone off like the one in the picture.

Theres a week of rain ahead, do you guys think its from overwatering or the weather?

Doesn't look good timmy

Nope

Any idea's, if the rest go the same way I'll be so bumbed to say the least.

Its only on the dorset. The pods are by far the largest and oldest on the plant.

The inside has some oil but also a ml or two of clear fluid. The inside seems to have gone bad first as a lot of the inner wall is a brown/bronze color.

boooooo

The other q I have is about my fatalii peppers. They seem to have gone white! Is that normal

Light colored fatalii? peppers

xmaspepdaytim001.jpg

xmaspepdaytim004.jpg

Nice looking peppers and there starting to get nice and fat.

Have to add another bhut picture, the peppers just look too cool lol

xmaspepdaytim008.jpg

And the scorpian... Its going to end up bigger than the bih jolokia plant the way its growing. This year I didn't tip any of the plants at all. The only thing I did was pinch buds off until the plant was at least 300mm tall.

xmaspepdaytim015.jpg

All the plants are starting to grow into each other so I'm thinking of moving them around after the first lot of peppers grow out.

Happy xmas too lol

Thx Sci :)

The fataliis do look strange but I've never grown any before so I wouldn't really know. I can see a clear change from green to white on some of the pods so I'm starting to think they might be white when ripe. How can you really tell lol I guess I'll wait, I hope they go yellow but as I do like the taste of the yellow fatalii. I've chewed on one at Niel's before and it killed my tongue, it had a great taste and wasn't over the top in heat but the very front of my tongue was hurting so much.

I'm worried about the rotten peppers because I had a cayenne pepper plant that did the same thing. Every single pepper went rotten on the day they started to ripen. I didn't get one pepper off that plant :( even though it was covered

Few scorpians and yellow 7's showing up now

newyears006.jpg

A few of the dorsets have started to ripen but all have gone rotten before fully turning. Pretty cold wet weathers not helping I guess

I think I under estimated the number of bih peppers I have :0 theres a lot

You're doing well there Timmy, I'm still waiting patiently for my first Scorpion to set.... I hope your weather improves and you get some great harvests soon.

Looking forward to some good weather.

Lots of pods on the plants just waiting to ripen up, most peppers seem to have stopped growing now except for on the yellow 7 and the scorpians.

:onfire:

firstweekjan2010009.jpg

Some of the plants start of Jan. from left Fatalii, choc bhut, scorpian and yellow 7 on the right.

Yellow 7 pod, not many on the plant at all but at least these are keepers lol

firstweekjan2010005.jpg

Yellow fatalii, some reall nice sized pods on this true fatalii haha

firstweekjan2010003.jpg

Side note for anyone actually reading this lol I ate a good chunk 1/3 of a naga bonnet 2nd gen cross yesterday, yep you heard me lol. Bloody big pods maybe 9cm long by 5cm wide. LOTS of heat like a superhot but without most of that bitter taste you get with the superhots. Hopefully I might be able to get some cuttings for next year as it would be awsome for making sauces.

Plants look great. Almost time to start my seeds, so there is only about 6 months until I get my first ripe pod.:( At least us here in the states can look at all those beautiful plants grown down under while we wait.:lol:

Hope you have a great season!
jacob

Back