• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Baker's Peppers 2012 GLOG

Welcome everyone and thanks for dropping by to check out how things are going here at Baker's Peppers! This GLOG is more geared for everyone to just follow us and our production this year..nothing serious, just for fun :) Remember this all started in my other thread on here...heres the link.... http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/26029-indoor-grow-area-build-grow-pics/page__fromsearch__1 ...now i will continue the progress here as im guessing you have seen enough seed germination and grow...lol...Now we move to the meat of the operation! :) Heres a few pics of what i currently have on the ground in the nursery....this isnt all of it, just some pics i snapped today of some areas im working on lately :)

Brain Strain Red

IMAG0220.jpg

Mix of stuff..ones up close are t scorp yellow, 7 pot yellow, bhut indian carbon, choc t scorp and a few other types...far away on bench is T scorp Red Iso

IMAG0221.jpg

Up close is bhut jolokia yellow, in the middle area is t scorp red iso and far in the back is more bhut jolokia yellow

IMAG0222.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0223.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0224.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0225.jpg

Mix of stuff....choc bhut jolokia, t scorp yellow, 7 pot yellow, bhut jolokia indian carbon, white bhut jolokia :)

IMAG0226.jpg

Brain Strain Yellow in the back.......T Scorp Red Iso up front :)

IMAG0227.jpg

T Scorp Red

IMAG0228.jpg

There is also about 2000+ still in the grow box inside....T Scorp Butch T, Red Bhut Jolokia, Brain Strain Red, 7 Pot Yellow, and T Scorp Red Iso..will get those pics posted tomorrow or the next day :)

To Be Continued......

UPDATE.....

Heres the pics of the drip lines installed....just updating like i said i was gonna :)

IMAG1271.jpg

Heres more :)

IMAG1272.jpg

And heres the mix i use for ALL my seed trays i do under lights indoors :) Its FINALLY public info :) LOL

IMAG1270.jpg

To Be Continued.....

Hey Dale,
I found the Glog here that you mentioned in yur recent email...absolutely fabulous looking and top notch operation.
Let's definitley connect...I'll be in the St. Pete's /Tampa area in 7 weeks.
Would love to connect and take you to lunch...I have a few ideas.
Thanks,
Pepper Joe

Hey Dale,
I found the Glog here that you mentioned in yur recent email...absolutely fabulous looking and top notch operation.
Let's definitley connect...I'll be in the St. Pete's /Tampa area in 7 weeks.
Would love to connect and take you to lunch...I have a few ideas.
Thanks,
Pepper Joe
Sounds good Joe....I will email you my contact info :)

yeah, that really is crazy, (my first reaction was "holly ballz!) I was a little overwhelmed about me getting a drip system into the garden this year with a timer, but after seeing that, I think I won't have any problem with my setup lol.. although it wasn't so much the issue of being able to do it.. just the money to spend on the drip system (just for watering purposes, with plastic hose irrigation lines with drip lines extending out each row, I use to install irrigation for a summer a while back)

but Trippa, I am pretty sure he said he was going to put a bunch in ground this year.. but that is a good question, he hasn't mentioned anything about it lately..

May do some in the ground after all...still not sure yet.....may have to....running out of $$ for pots and dirt...but my buddy whos a professor at UF Agriculture department says i shouldnt...too many problems going in ground in Florida...Nematodes at the top of that list....

May do some in the ground after all...still not sure yet.....may have to....running out of $$ for pots and dirt...but my buddy whos a professor at UF Agriculture department says i shouldnt...too many problems going in ground in Florida...Nematodes at the top of that list....

damn that sucks, I was planning on heading down to FL or at the very least somewhere down south if/when I get into PA school in a few years, but hmm.... that is too bad, because if you could get some good soil and stick them in the ground, that would be so much easier and produce some big plants I would think, mainly because it's so fricking warm down there lately, and a nice long season..could probably check out what the professor would suggest to amend the soil, if it's something semi easy over the next year or so, could work for you in the future for some of the plants

Sick. Pictures don't do it justice. I'll be trying to get your way soon. Ha I'll bring the newcastles. Looking good dale. also need to borrow some soil lol. :)

Sick. Pictures don't do it justice. I'll be trying to get your way soon. Ha I'll bring the newcastles. Looking good dale. also need to borrow some soil lol. :)
Man you got it Bud! Let me know...i know u were shocked to see the buckets pics :) U were just here the other day and they werent on the ground at all yet :) Thats why i needed your help yesterday :) Maybe this saturday, soil for labor :) Ha.....and dont forget the Castles!

damn that sucks, I was planning on heading down to FL or at the very least somewhere down south if/when I get into PA school in a few years, but hmm.... that is too bad, because if you could get some good soil and stick them in the ground, that would be so much easier and produce some big plants I would think, mainly because it's so fricking warm down there lately, and a nice long season..could probably check out what the professor would suggest to amend the soil, if it's something semi easy over the next year or so, could work for you in the future for some of the plants
i could treat it but its VERY costly and also it is recommended that when planting in ground here in florida you should rotate your crops every year... i.e. If you grow peppers this year next year you cant, grow corn or sugar cane or something then the following year back to peppers....so im like damn i dunno what to do with that info....i should just stay above ground and in pots! :) If i can afford to that is.....

Can you explain how you are connecting the drip lines from the single black pvc tubing? I see 4 lines from one source. What kind drip irrigation end piece are you using? the 1 GPH emmiter, or the multi drip emitter that sprinklers water in a 360?

I'm planning to setup something similar in my backyard for my 50 containers. Any help would be appreciated. Great work by the way!

You got it. Let me know. I was in Venice this weekend. Beach house and fishing. Weather sucked though. Wind was blowing hard on the beach. Didn't catch a thing.

Can you explain how you are connecting the drip lines from the single black pvc tubing? I see 4 lines from one source. What kind drip irrigation end piece are you using? the 1 GPH emmiter, or the multi drip emitter that sprinklers water in a 360?

I'm planning to setup something similar in my backyard for my 50 containers. Any help would be appreciated. Great work by the way!
will have to get back to you on that one...my dad did all the drip installation...

You got it. Let me know. I was in Venice this weekend. Beach house and fishing. Weather sucked though. Wind was blowing hard on the beach. Didn't catch a thing.
Thats too bad...man i got some killer reds and snook spots down that way too...englewood/stump pass area...just north of boca grande...when the boats all done we are gonna go for sure!! i grew up with a vacation home on an island down there..spent all my childhood summers down there :) BEAUTIFUL!!

The peppers in the buckets will produce your fresh pods that you are looking to sell, right?
Yup thats right :) Along with plants in other sized containers as well...3 gallon and 7 gallon pots

Yup. I was on nokomis island. Buddy's grandparents live there and own the beach side across the road lol. Been going since we could drive. It's amazing there. Hour drive south and the scenery changes darastically. Love it

Yup. I was on nokomis island. Buddy's grandparents live there and own the beach side across the road lol. Been going since we could drive. It's amazing there. Hour drive south and the scenery changes darastically. Love it
you got that right....we are for sure fishing in a few months too...boat almost done :)

Those plants in buckets looks like something from the Matrix - are you controlling their thoughts? J/K

Nice work!

Your a great insparation, I followed it all the time and hope I can realize something equal over here in Spain. Next week I'll start the nursery following your example.

Keep on doing the good work!

Michael

UPDATE....

Just wanted to update how things are looking in the Grow Box inside.....

AJ Scorpion tray #1.......175 popped :)
IMAG1276.jpg

AJ Scorpion tray #2.... 163 popped :)
IMAG1277.jpg

AJ Scorpion tray #3....187 popped :)
IMAG1278.jpg

Tray of 260 or so Trinidad Scorpion Butch T's :) This is a 288 cell tray...
IMAG1279.jpg

Tray of 110 or so Trinidad Scorpion Butch T's....this is the 128 cell tray...
IMAG1280.jpg

Tray of 255 or so Brain Strain Yellow.....this is a 288 cell tray...
IMAG1281.jpg

Tray of about 100 Brain Strain Yellow...this is a 128 cell tray...
IMAG1282.jpg

These are the Moruga Scorpion trays i planted a few days ago....
IMAG1284.jpg

IMAG1286.jpg

IMAG1283.jpg

Thats whats inside under lights as of right now....and i have a bunch more "Updating" to do as well......later today im sure.....

To Be Continued.....

Back