• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Baker's Peppers 2012 GLOG

Welcome everyone and thanks for dropping by to check out how things are going here at Baker's Peppers! This GLOG is more geared for everyone to just follow us and our production this year..nothing serious, just for fun :) Remember this all started in my other thread on here...heres the link.... http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/26029-indoor-grow-area-build-grow-pics/page__fromsearch__1 ...now i will continue the progress here as im guessing you have seen enough seed germination and grow...lol...Now we move to the meat of the operation! :) Heres a few pics of what i currently have on the ground in the nursery....this isnt all of it, just some pics i snapped today of some areas im working on lately :)

Brain Strain Red

IMAG0220.jpg

Mix of stuff..ones up close are t scorp yellow, 7 pot yellow, bhut indian carbon, choc t scorp and a few other types...far away on bench is T scorp Red Iso

IMAG0221.jpg

Up close is bhut jolokia yellow, in the middle area is t scorp red iso and far in the back is more bhut jolokia yellow

IMAG0222.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0223.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0224.jpg

T Scorp Red Iso

IMAG0225.jpg

Mix of stuff....choc bhut jolokia, t scorp yellow, 7 pot yellow, bhut jolokia indian carbon, white bhut jolokia :)

IMAG0226.jpg

Brain Strain Yellow in the back.......T Scorp Red Iso up front :)

IMAG0227.jpg

T Scorp Red

IMAG0228.jpg

There is also about 2000+ still in the grow box inside....T Scorp Butch T, Red Bhut Jolokia, Brain Strain Red, 7 Pot Yellow, and T Scorp Red Iso..will get those pics posted tomorrow or the next day :)

To Be Continued......

What kind of pepper was that one on the second trailer, third row, sixth one back? I noticed it had a bit of yellow on one leaf. You might be over watering it.

Yhat's a heck of an endeavor you got going there and I hope it all works out exactly the way you want it to.

What kind of pepper was that one on the second trailer, third row, sixth one back? I noticed it had a bit of yellow on one leaf. You might be over watering it.

Yhat's a heck of an endeavor you got going there and I hope it all works out exactly the way you want it to.
Study my pictures much boss?? LOL :) Honestly with the crap i deal with on a daily basis over here at the nursery, if only one plant has a yellow leaf im having a GREAT day! :D I have found that groing on this scale its hard to have every plant look PERFECT...its just unrealistic IMO....And thanks for the encouraging words Patrick...one thing i can say is that growing on this kind of scale kind of takes the "hobby growers love" out of it...now its business...all i do is pot up and row out plants all the time...but dont get me wrong i still plan on doing the Morugas at home still....only like 5 plants though :)

I like the website. Nicely organized and easy to navigate.
Thanks boss :) I am still working on it....but at least its up there :D Now all i need is FRESH pods to sell...wonder where i can get some of those????? :hell:

UPDATE.....

So i have been waiting for the plants that will fill out the rest of the white buckets to harden up a bit before i transplant them....so i skipped that row and moved on to the Bhut Jolokia Yellow's and started potting up into 3 gallon pots.....got about 400 on the ground this week....

IMAG1363.jpg

Heres one of the screen "mobile" units for hardening up that my dad built.....1" PVC and 30% shade cloth.....will do about 1000 plants at a time.....moved 3500 plants in 4" pots this week as well to harden up :)

IMAG1358.jpg

IMAG1359.jpg

Also...theres a bunch of plants growing like crazy out there!! things look like they grow an inch or two every day!! LOL ....Got a bunch of pods all over all kinds of plants out here........

IMAG1365.jpg

Heres some Purple Bhuts.....will be for sale soon :) got a bit of them on several plants :)
IMAG1356.jpg

On a side note...just walking through the nursery i see theres nice big green pods on a bunch of stuff.....Senegal Choc habs....Douglah....Infinity Chili...UFO Purples...Yellow Brain Strain....Red Brain Strain....Trinidad Scorpion Red....Chocolate Fatalii...Jamaican Hot Choc Hab...theres more but im having POD overload in my brain right now..they are popping up everywhere!! :D Wont be long im guessing..... :hell:

To Be Continued.........

Awe inspiring! Got me excited about my purples bhuts again! Can't wait 'till they look like yours! You gonna sell seeds too? Or just plants and pods?

man that is awesome, I can't wait for another month for it to get warmer out up here lol, until then I will just watch yours grow.. going to finish expanding the garden and tilling up a ridiculous amount of rocks from the yard, but it will be great when done, I just hope some of that FL comes up this way a little earlier than usual :cool:

man that is awesome, I can't wait for another month for it to get warmer out up here lol, until then I will just watch yours grow.. going to finish expanding the garden and tilling up a ridiculous amount of rocks from the yard, but it will be great when done, I just hope some of that FL comes up this way a little earlier than usual :cool:
Thanks for the positive words boss :) And good luck with your grow this year as well :)
Man; I love this thread. Those plants are looking great. Consider me jelly.
Man, I love that you LOVE this thread! :)
Unbelievable... you got some weapons of a** destruction on your hands there.
Thanks :) Give me a few months....wait for it.....wait for it................. LOL

Just think of it this way....if all goes according to plan everyone will be able to have access to fresh Super Hots year round! :) Thats something to look forward to for everyone in the chili community!! :) I myself love the fact that i will be able to make my some of my Trademark dishes year round :) Hope everyone is having a good grow themselves.... :)

Congratulations on you and your Dad's unbelievable work ethic, organization, focus and concentration and $$ it took to do this. You are correct about demand as well. There are many cultures here in the US from all over the world, I met a nice retired Indian Hotel Owner. He runs a small place we stayed at in Vermont while skiing. My two buddies have been kidding and making fun of my passion for growing hot/supers for years now. In any event, in chatting with the Indian hotel owner, the subject came up, and his eyes grew wide and he started laughing uncontrollably when one of my friends called them WMD's. He thinks habs are a joke, and would buy supers anywhere every week if he could. I will email him your website. I know you will be seeing business from him and I am sure his friends who miss the taste and heat.

One more short comment before I finish, I asked the hotel owner how he selects his peppers, he said three things, by feel (firm pods), smell, and taste. Taste, huh ? He says in his country he never buys them until he takes a small nibble first. Something to keep in mind if you don't pre-bag and retail them from your business.

Thanks for all the tips as well. Things are just a wee bit tougher here in balmy RI versus sunny Florida. That being said, I only wish lots of young people had 1/10th of you and your Dad's work ethic.

Ghosty...

Congratulations on you and your Dad's unbelievable work ethic, organization, focus and concentration and $$ it took to do this. You are correct about demand as well. There are many cultures here in the US from all over the world, I met a nice retired Indian Hotel Owner. He runs a small place we stayed at in Vermont while skiing. My two buddies have been kidding and making fun of my passion for growing hot/supers for years now. In any event, in chatting with the Indian hotel owner, the subject came up, and his eyes grew wide and he started laughing uncontrollably when one of my friends called them WMD's. He thinks habs are a joke, and would buy supers anywhere every week if he could. I will email him your website. I know you will be seeing business from him and I am sure his friends who miss the taste and heat.

One more short comment before I finish, I asked the hotel owner how he selects his peppers, he said three things, by feel (firm pods), smell, and taste. Taste, huh ? He says in his country he never buys them until he takes a small nibble first. Something to keep in mind if you don't pre-bag and retail them from your business.

Thanks for all the tips as well. Things are just a wee bit tougher here in balmy RI versus sunny Florida. That being said, I only wish lots of young people had 1/10th of you and your Dad's work ethic.

Ghosty...

Thanks boss :) We feel like you should be able to bust your butt these days in America and still work towards your dreams!! Thats the very thing this great country was founded on! Lets keep that alive! :)

Thanks boss :) We feel like you should be able to bust your butt these days in America and still work towards your dreams!! Thats the very thing this great country was founded on! Lets keep that alive! :)

Ditto... FYI. I emailed the owner of the hotel about your site and told him to mention my name if he orders from you. I know he will. He was giddy when I told him about the peppers. Not having to wait till next ski season to get some for him will be a double bonus. I told him I would bring him some seeds and peppers from my stock. Not as good as fresh though.

Ghosty...

Ditto... FYI. I emailed the owner of the hotel about your site and told him to mention my name if he orders from you. I know he will. He was giddy when I told him about the peppers. Not having to wait till next ski season to get some for him will be a double bonus. I told him I would bring him some seeds and peppers from my stock. Not as good as fresh though.

Ghosty...
Thanks :) yeah i got your message about him :) Let him know we can help him soon...just follow the site :)

Back