• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Beehunters Grow log - Now with Awkward video update.

Hey all. As you can see im new here and new to gardening in general. Ive been lurking around the site for a while now preparing for this grow. Ive got some African birds eye that just sprouted and soaking some other seeds now to go in the incubator tonight. Ill post pics of the sprouts later. Figured this is a good way to get to know people and great place to get advice.
Happy growing!

The Beehunter

P1100199-1.jpg

progress of a few plants. need to do some seperating soon. all the others are still in the jiffy pots in the incubator.​

104_0137.jpg

104_0140.jpg

Progress update. the big picture

104_0203.jpg

Bhuts with nice true leaves
104_0204.jpg

Trinidad Scopion
104_0205.jpg

Mixed bag. Orange habs, Butch T, and one Jalapeno
104_0207.jpg

Yellow 7 pod with true leaves
104_0208.jpg

Birds eye with lots of growth
104_0209.jpg

This is my first grow so please let me know if you see anything that needs to be tended to or changed. Love learning and taking on this new challenge!

Another Update of the plants. Everything seems to be going well. The birdseye has actually put out small flower buds but its been about 5 days and they still havent opened so im not sure if they will. Everything else seems to be growing at a steady pace. Orange Hab plant had an explosion of growth this week. Ok here is a few pics.

Birdseye
105_0243.jpg

Here is one of my Bhuts. This being my first time i wanted one where i could watch the roots to see when i needed to pot it up. What do you think? can it wait another few weeks?
105_0237.jpg

105_0239.jpg

Orange Hab
105_0240.jpg

Yellow 7 pot
105_0241.jpg

Im gonna try and take pics of the other plants later.

Plants look great, I'd wait until the bottom of the container fills up with roots and start to work ther way back up. You may want to cover the container from any strong light source, even if its only an opaque bag.

Greg

Another Picture update. Plants all seem to be doing well. Had a small issue over the weekend. i went ice climbing and was gone for the weekend and think my light timer had a problem came home and the soil was completely dry and everybody was super wilted and curling. So i gave them a good drink and let them rest after reseting my light timer. So now everything seems to be back to normal. So here are a few pics from this morning.

First the Birdseye. i did some paintbrush pollination on this plant so we will see how that goes.
107_0262.jpg

next is a pair of butch Ts
107_0264.jpg

Some of the Bhuts
107_0265.jpg

an Ancho
107_0266.jpg

Left plant is a Trinidad Scorp Right is a 7pot Yellow
107_0267.jpg

Hey, 'hunter! Your plants look awesome - you're bringin' it, dude!
Obviously they are getting lots of TLC! Good luck going forward...

+1 Greg!

Hey Thanks Paul. I am enjoying the learning and "playing" with them. Trying not to over analyze them. You know there is so much good intell on this site its like webmd.com for plants. If you read to much it can make you over diagnose things.

Ok picture update again. Everyone is still looking pretty good. The Birdseye seems to be having some problems with its leaf drop and some curling. Im wondering if it has anything to do with all the flowering it has been doing and even has some pods on it. Could that be draining to much energy from the rest of the plant or cause it to lack something? Also i had another water problem this week. I think i overwatered this week trying to make up for last weeks underwatering and the soil seems very damp. I will probably try and go a week or so without watering and see what happens. but we will see. I am also considering potting up on the weekend. And im also thinking i could be thinking to much :) ok the pics

First the Bhuts
107_0284.jpg

the the Trinidads
107_0286.jpg

The Hab looking big! need to slow this dude down.
107_0287.jpg

the Birdseye not lookin too happy
107_0289.jpg

Birdseye Pod
107_0290.jpg

And last a Jal, Ancho, and Hungarian Hot Wax
107_0293.jpg

Damn..your grow is looking good. I hope you get a handle on that birds eye. What kind of light is it getting. In the beginning you said you had two cfl's. Is that still the case and what is its output?

Hey thanks yea things are growing pretty fast. need to slow them a bit i think. So i kind of play with my set up all day because i work from home. So i still have the two Cfls on the plants. they are 6500k 1060 lummens a peice. But one side of the grow area is open to a window for natural light during the day and then after the sun goes down i turn on a third cfl lamp. Its not a very sophisticated set up but as long as it gets me until they can go out on the balcony ill be happy.

Your plants are moving along nicely, nice growth on the hab, and the "bird" peppers were the 1st to produce chili's for me, also. Those c. annuuns always seem to get too tall, too fast. I just threw some "Jalapenos, Banana's, and Wax's" into the seed flats this week for a May planting outdoors.
Have fun with your grow season...

Greg

Great looking plants Bee, i started my annums 2 months ago and they are growing crazy! Not sure what to do. I'll prob risk it and put them out in 2 weeks.

Great looking plants Bee, i started my annums 2 months ago and they are growing crazy! Not sure what to do. I'll prob risk it and put them out in 2 weeks.

Thanks PJ. Wish going outside in 2 weeks was an option here. But im probably more likely to see snow that sun in two weeks :)

Hey, Beehunter! Your plants look outrageous! I'm jealous!
When you get them on the balcony, they will simply take
off... Stand back! :stop:

Hey thanks Paul! And dont give me that jealous crap, im watching your glog i know all the cool stuff you got going on over there! Your like a mad scientist with all your peppers and cuttings. Im hoping i can make it till its warm enough for them to go on the balcony! but i did find a mini greenhouse that might fit on it.... We will see if i have to pick one up or not.

Ok time for another update. Sorry for the worse than normal pics this time. (not that they are ever awesome quality).
This week there were a few notible happenings. The Orange hab plant started to flower for the first time. After advice from the forum i pinched its first buds off. But now only 3 or 4 days later there are new ones again already. Second i have 4 non chinense plants and all of them are putting out flower buds. I pinched all of these except a few on the birds eye since it is the oldest and biggest. Third I am really running out of space in my grow area with my limited lighting! So last friday i Potted up one of my Bhuts and moved it to a window sil to see how it will do their incase some of the plants have to be potted up and moved out from the lights. So now it has been out from the lights for 5 days and i can see no ill expects. perhaps the leaves are a bit yellow but i think that is due to the fact that the soil stays more damp without the heat of the lights. Ok on to the pics.

The Bhuts
107_0325.jpg

The Trinidads
107_0324.jpg

Orange hab
107_0321.jpg

Orange hab new buds
107_0322.jpg

birdseye pod
107_0323.jpg

Ancho, Hot wax, Jal
107_0326.jpg

Window bhut
107_0327.jpg

End note. I also have some new seeds that i am hoping will pop any day now. they are Sri Lanken Bhuts from Bootsieb and yellow 7 pot x carbon from Spicegeist. Gotta love the nature of the people on this forum!

Hey, 'hunter, your plants just keep looking better
and better! Glad you are looking into a mini 'grow tent'
for them just in case; would be a shame to have those
beauts suffer in the least little way! That Orange Habanero
just has to flower!

Back