• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Chili and Cornbread Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post bigger pics SF.

Looking good!

Newbies please read the 5 rules in the 1st post. Just want to make sure you know about PoL and how to arrange a final post. You can post as many pics as you want, the whole process, but the final post needs to be in a certain format with 5 pics max. Thanks!

I am looking forward to watching this one, especially the cornbread  part.    I like just about any chili  I have tired  but good cornbread is an art form in my experience. 

Ashen said:
I am looking forward to watching this one, especially the cornbread  part.    I like just about any chili  I have tired  but good cornbread is an art form in my experience. 

neoguy said:
I'm looking for a good cornbread recipe, the best cornbread I had was in the mid 70's when I was away at school in Vermont. I need to replicate that.
You guys need to go spend the winter in Watertown NY and get locked in your town and have a curfew for a solid month and eat johny bread with almost every meal infact it may have been the whoe meal a couple times. My aunt,sisters and mother could give you all the recipes you need,lol.

The Hot Pepper said:
Post bigger pics SF.

Trying again:

xdfn5x.jpg

I must admit i never knew Chili could be so complex until the dicussion started over the last few days. I thought it was all about the meat and/or beans with a few staple seasonings... cumin, cayenne, ect

Excited to see different ingredients everyone uses in their dishes

Tinnie said:
I must admit i never knew Chili could be so complex until the dicussion started over the last few days. I thought it was all about the meat and/or beans with a few staple seasonings... cumin, cayenne, ect

Excited to see different ingredients everyone uses in their dishes

It is about the meat, beans, and spices. Don't let these clowns confuse you. Cumin is a necessity.

Don't start again Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

& put the tamale mix away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back