• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Cinco de Mole Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little worried that the smoke on the turkey would ruin the dish. I can tell you that this is some of THEE BEST Mole I have ever made. The smoke adds another layer of flavor and is definitely complimentary. WOW. And I have never had juices running down my hand while pulling it (I wore latex gloves). Damm juicy!

View attachment 10770

A trick I learned is the wrapping in foil and in a cooler for an hour. Lots of wonderful things happen in there.
View attachment 10769

Look at the juicynexts!!! LOOK AT IT!!!!!!
View attachment 10768

View attachment 10765

Like my shirt? Ha!
View attachment 10764

View attachment 10763

View attachment 10766

Smoked turkey breast mole, wow.

Tinnie, nice job on that green mole!  sounds yummy~

I have to admit I was a little leery of the smoked turkey as we tried to do one for Thanksgiving and it was an Epic Fail.  But Scovie's turned out wonderful!  Not too heavy of smoke, and Very Tender!  It stood up to the spicy mole just fine!

(Man, looking at these pics is making me hungry.  Good thing I have Leftovers  ;)  Thanks, Scovie!) 

I am just still trying to figure out all of SL's pics posting….. not a sighting of mole in any of them. What's up with that?

Not a TD entry, geeme, just contributing to the Ole' Mole Spirit.  We went over to Scovie and CJ's, I was just showing some Pico and Jumbo Shrimp~~~   

Ah - I got that you went to visit The Jacksons, but also thought you were taking your time with an entry hidden up your sleeve. Or not…. 

Nope, no last minute mole bomb.  :(

I've been too busy with bidnises Fri-Sat-Sun including about 8 hours muddling through 2 sets of prints today.  It's definitely WineTime now!  I had an idea to do a Pink Mole that could of been fun....oh well~

We all enjoyed Scovie's leftovers for lunch.  (wonder if I can get away with the same for dinner?  :lol: )

OH! Hey!  I have that bag of tortilla chips I forgot to take yesterday, and some cheese+ L.O. turkey mole, beans, and rice= NACHOS!!!!  :dance:

Mole Nachos FTW! Done it many times.

Only 3 entries? Is this the smallest, least active TD ever or what?

No SoFloMole?

No Amish mud sauce from PA?

No Tex-Mex style from THE Blues Casa?

Dangit.

At least Tinnie represents from Down undah and Key got in here!

Scoville DeVille said:
Only 3 entries? Is this the smallest, least active TD ever or what?

I was camping all weekend and I don't really care for chocolate. Those are my two excuses.

Adobo TD boss?

Jeff H said:
I was camping all weekend and I don't really care for chocolate. Those are my two excuses.

Not all mole contains chocolate - that's just the version most 'mericans are familiar with. But camping suffices for an excuse.  ;)

I figured this would be small being mole. I did it for Scovie, I said I would do one around the time we did curry. It doesn't take away from the TD at all. If two people entered a TD it would be an exciting poll.

geeme said:
I'm pretty sure you saw Scovie's process under key's ingredients. The posts were back-to-back. Anyway...

VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back