• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Extreme Burger Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicharron 

Red 'Penos and a Choco Scorpion

Hickory

Smoked bun for 2-3 minutes 'Penos and Scorp stayed on for about 30mins

Chorizo all crunchified

Ready for the GOODS

Yukon Gold hashbrowns with some Chircharron sprinkled on

Skirt Steak and thangs waiting for assembly

95% Lean Sirloin, Chorizo, Chircharron, Red Onion, Fresh Chopped Garlic

Needs me a bump

Peppadew New York Cheddar 

With a Scovie sunny side up

Crisp Hash topped with finely sliced skirt steak, a dash of lime and some fresh cilantro

Homemade Chipotle sauce (Smoked Red 'Penos, Choco Scorp, Mayo, Lime Juice, Red Onion, Fresh Garlic) Thin sliced Pink Heirloom Tomato

"Plain Jane"

Ingredients:

95% Lean Sirloin
Chorizo
Chircharron
Skirt Steak
Egg
Yukon Gold Potato
Garlic
Pink Heirloom Tomato
Cilantro
Red Onion
Red Jalapenos
Chocolate Scorpion
Mayo
Lime
Agave Nectar
Three Cheese Loaf
Butter
Homemade Chipotle Sauce

This dainty devil has a lightly smoked three cheese bun, buttered and toasted to perfection.

I mixed 95% ground sirloin with some Chircharron (mexican deep fried...umm deliciousness) red onion, garlic and crispy chorizo. 

The burger is topped with Peppadew New York Cheddar

A wonderful Scovie (egg) sunny side up was placed on top along with the golden crispy hashbrowns

I glazed the skirt steak with some sweet agave nectar, threw it in the CI and gave it a searing on both sides, finely sliced and layered on top, dashed with some lime juice and fresh cilantro.

To top it off I added a little crumbled mexican enchilada cheese, home made Chipotle sauce (Smoked 'Penos, Choco Scorp, fresh lime and garlic, red onion and mayo)

The final touch was 4 thin sliced pink heirloom tomatos and the golden bun top.

POPPED THE YOLK AND DOVE RIGHT IN!

Here's my hat. Consider it thrown in

null_zpsd44a7fa6.jpg

"The Heart Attack"

1 lb burger
12 oz bacon
8 oz bleu cheese
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
9 slices American cheese
6 slices bread
3 big spoonfuls marinara per grilled cheese
5 good shakes Joyners 2012 mix

In a large bowl place ground beef, one egg and bleu cheese. Clean and dice mushrooms and add to bowl. Add 5 shakes of powder. Mix and form 2 patties

Fry, grill or whatever to desired doneness.

Fry up bacon.

Butter one side of bread add 2 slices of American cheese. Add 3 spoonfuls of marinara. Top with other slice of cheese. Add other piece of bread and fry. (Kinda like a cheese stick)

Plate one grilled cheese add burger. Add half the bacon. Add a grilled cheese, another patty and rest of bacon
Top with last grilled cheese!

Call 911 and enjoy!!

null_zpsc324d4c1.jpg

null_zps41d50e3f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back