• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Extreme Burger Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
null_zps54f02de5.jpg

Is this extreme enough for y'all?
Disclaimer: this is NOT an entry

PoL.  We don't have 1c coins here anymore, so it's 75c.

Swiss cheese, triple smoked leg ham, pineapple rings, 3 beef patties cut against the grain, sriracha and good ol American mustard and a bun.
P7081428.jpg

Grilled pineapple
P7081433.jpg

I reduced the pineapple juice from the tin to a glaze for the ham then grilled it.  Awesome!
P7081434.jpg

Perfectly grilled patties
P7081436.jpg

Mauna Kea Erupts!!!

This is a big burger from the big island!  3 grilled beef patties each with a slice of swiss cheese and pineapple glazed triple smoked ham topped with grilled pineapple and lava sauce on an ocean of fries!

Patties:  Shaped to approx diameter and cut into 3 sections against the grain.  Lightly flattened to get similar thickness.  Grill to your liking.  I don't trust commercial beef mince, so mine's medium.
Ham: Reduce tinned pinapple juice to a thick syrup, coat ham and grill.  Pur over remaining glaze.
Pineapple:  Slice rings in half lengthwise and grill.
Swiss cheese:  It's cheese fools! Put on the boiger!
Cook the fries and toss with Lawrys seasoned salt.
Assemble patties, cheese and ham on bottom bun, place in hot oven until cheese melts.  Add pineapple and splooges of sriracha and mustard and top with the bun.

Extremely awesome.
P7081446.jpg

Cut with a crazy sharp knife

P7081448.jpg

E ʻai kākou, let's eat!

"THE PIGPEN"

Leaving a path of destruction in its wake, you're gunna need a clean up crew for this one

If this isn't good for you, i don't know what is.......

Ingredients/Recipe:

Parmesan pan bread, grilled, topped with colby cheese and swiss cheese

Patties are a mix of ribeye and oyster blade, seasoned with salt

Cheese Kransky, cheddar cheese and jalapenos in the guts

Completely wrapped in bacon, bacon and more bacon

Sweet, Sticky and Spicy bbq sauce, consisting of some Fluffy Bunny, maple syrup, jack daniels, spices. Reduced down to a nice deep brown concoction

SDC12216.JPG

SDC12217.JPG

LMAO Booma!!! Looks like you stuffed a Grenade inside of a pig and it exploded onto your plate! I can see pieces of pork fat hanging from the telephone wires!

son of a bitch

well thanks Sum, ya asshole, that was supposed to be hidden

and two, jesus christ, now I got booma and DTS, MUFUGGIN DTS!!!! to compete with

i mean scovie was a walk in the park, kid was a challenge, but jesus its not fair anymore

ohh wait

whose got mac and cheese on their burger, ohh thats right, this guy!!!

Not sure what this will end up looking like - virtually everything will be grilled.

Ingredients:
Hamburger
Smoked Ham
Chorizo Sausages
Bacon
Red Onion
Lime
Avocado
Mango
Sriracha Ketchup
Chipotle Mayonnaise
Cheddar Cheese
Chipotle Jack Cheese
Fresno Peppers
Garlic
Tomato

P1040157.JPG

The burger:  stuffed with bacon, smoked ham, cheddar cheese, and chipotle jack cheese.

P1040158.JPG

On the grill with the chorizo sausages.

P1040160.JPG

The condiments:  avocado, tomato, Fresno peppers, mango, onion.

P1040162.JPG

Off the grill.

P1040161.JPG

Building the burger.

P1040165.JPG

Ready to cut and serve.

P1040166.JPG

Awesome Booma, glad you are not in this one with 75 cents. ;)

Here are the main components of the yet to be names mess of a burger. 

POL - 76 cents

Organic Beef? You are probably wearing Birkenstocks and Patchouli too, huh? :rofl:

Sir Booma gets a pass because they don't have pennies in OZ, but they have Jack Daniels, so.....

Scoville DeVille said:
Organic Beef? You are probably wearing Birkenstocks and Patchouli too, huh? :rofl:

Sir Booma gets a pass because they don't have pennies in OZ, but they have Jack Daniels, so.....
If you have a chance grab some of that beef from Costco, it makes amazing burgers! I am a flip flop beach bum, don't get it twisted wanna be cowboy. Go fondle a mule deer or something.  :party:

Wow, proud papa... look at all these entries.

Booma has meat curtains!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back