• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
jay_fruity.png

Good start and  good luck to everybody. I'm out on this one, no booze or open flame onboard the boat...

Looking forward to September. 

Uuuum.... Boss, need a clarification-

Does charcoal or smoking count as Open Flames?   The OP says "grill, grill, grill". 

???

I can answer that one....nope...smoking is NOT open flames...but the smoked product can be used in your prep...I am under the impression the protein is all that needs to be cooked with an open flame...

right or wrong boss? 

AH!  That makes sense.  I wasn't watching any of the discussion ...other than the part about what a refer is.  :lol:
just might get some inspiration going, even though we've had enough "open flames" around here for the next decade!

piece of cake, Joyner, you got until Sunday night~

Just getting my shopping list written up, .  I'll be grillin' and chillin' tomorrow.  :cool:

All the rules and allowances are in post #1 as usual. ;)

AlabamaJack said:
damn...where is everybody?

At the archery range, having a good time! 

We've got thunderstorms today, so we'll see if I'm up to rigging something to open-flame with tomorrow (glad the storms waited until we were done shooting.) Though, honestly, after the whole chicken last week, the inside of the grill probably will catch fire if we don't clean it first. Don't know that it'd be appropriate too cook with, though…  :lol:

AJ don't forget your PoL... I know it's been a long time... :lol:

I don't know if I will be able to be in or not, weekends are tough for me.  I work crazy hours.  I will see what I can do.  Maybe grilling at 9am tomorrow can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back