• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homegrown sugar cane and coconuts.
Things are about to get a little loopy around here. Hold on!!

PoL

14811130192_2a2cdf67af_b.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
AJ don't forget your PoL... I know it's been a long time... :lol:

yes sir...I assume you can post teaser pics?...or not?....or do you need a pic of our ingredients with PoL in it

AJ, you can post as many tease pics as you want but one thing that has changed is the number of pics in the final post.  Used to be 10, now it's 2-3 depending on the TD.  PoL can be in either teaser pics of Final Plating pics.
Make sure to get the MoneyShot of the final plating.

And in this TD, one pic of the drink, also.

beerbreath81 said:
I smell bourbon!

It's my breath. 

Straight bourbon. 

I'm using Rum tonight in the food, though. 

I just need a bunch of beer and whiskey while I cook, like most people....right??

(F it. I'm on vacation!)

I'm out. Dammit I was in this. 

We just had 50 mph winds come thru and tear shit up. New fires are blowing up, trees are down all over the valley, our power pole with the transformer on it is broken so now I am waiting for PUD to show up. I am so sick of this shit.

We are safe for now, at least I have Lemon Peño infused tequila in the freezer.

Have fun y'all, I will be back when I can.

I was working on the Drink portion of this TD, and what happed to Scovie blew through here also. 

I'm at least posting the Drink portion.  Not sure if the rest will happen tomorrow. 

After dialing in my recipes ideas for the TD (at about 11:00 am) I headed up to town, picked up some goods, came home about 1:00pm and set up the first shot for the Drink portion and common ingredient-
IMG_3168.JPG

Picked up the BlueFlame Spirits Gin...in honor of all the Fire, Emergency, Utility, Volunteers working in our area for the last 2 weeks in response to the wildfires.  What they have done to save homes, property...words can not express our gratitude to all the BootsOnGround....
IMG_3169.JPG

Common Ingredient-
GINGER!
IMG_3170.JPG

IMG_3171.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

peeled, cross-sliced and the boat-mototred with the new Cuisinart mini-chopper.  I was impressed!  first time using the mini chopper for this application.  It minced up the ginger to a really fine consistency.

So I mixed it up with the sugar and water to make a ginger-infused simple syrup.....................

And then the doo-doo hit the fan to the tune of 40mhp wind gusts, power poles breaking and catching the neighbor's trees on fire....

so about an hour later after the fire got under control and we returned home to the sauce pan simmering away on the stove..... the resulting severely reduced simple syrup......
IMG_3177.JPG

I SOOOO need a drink!
IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

Prayers and thoughts for Scovie, Cj, Salsalady & Family and everyone else up there!!!!
HHWhiskey and Gasoline!!!

-----------------------------------------------

It's sunny and hot as hell here. Perfect for an August throwdown. I just wish my buddies in the PNW could play too!

Here's what I did anyway. Bacon wrapped lobster and shrimp, pineapple poppers, all with chimichurri and calypso sauce. 
Pina colada, my favorite mixed drink, spiced with a wedge of jalapeno (didn't really do much), and dark rum. 
Served in a fresh pineapple and coconut, because...just because. 

I'll slap some recipes on the final post. 
Damn it was good!

Bacon wrapped Lobster
14813445255_fe641f6964_b.jpg

Nice plate!
14626779819_a35ac11948_b.jpg

Drinking from a fruit!!
14626728380_db81e0ae2b_b.jpg

FD

beerbreath81 said:
...looks like ur still nursing that same bush light from 3 hrs ago!

Have you ever had a Busch light??????

It is hard to drink really fast when it's very cold (the way I always do it). 

Now, imagine one 3 hours old.....NOPE!!!!

That, my friend, was the distant cousin, 3 or 4 cans removed, from the can you saw 3 hours ago.

:)

Don't count Scov out yet! I'm workin' on him! Give him a minute, or 60, to let the hhhwhiskey calm the jitters, and I'll see if I can't coerce him into some TD shenanigans! Extra crispy's not a bad thang, right?!?!?!?!

yup...frydaddy brought it...

I am taking my time..

my thoughts are with you all out in the PNW and praying the fires avoid damaging anything you/your family/your friends own....be safe and watch your back

Hmm. I may have to do some rabbit for dinner tomorrow just to enter something.  It's been a while.
Let's start with this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back