• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Super Bowl Touchdown Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut up and quickly fried
poplers001_zps133138fb.jpg

Ingredients
poplers005_zps232a2f46.jpg

Who can guess what I'm making ;)

there was another ingredient not pictured....

Picked this unripe monster pod a few days ago so the bugs wouldn't get a chance at it and wanted to give it a special home.
processpods003_zpsacfedf27.jpg

ripened :)
poplers006_zps73ddee5c.jpg

finely sliced and diced
poplers008_zps1ee5ae7d.jpg

added to a mix of
cream cheese
parmesan cheese
charred chorizo bits
porcini muishrooms
garlic powder
chives
lime zest
poplers011_zps2d21ba34.jpg

cut the tops off some Jalapenos and scooped the seeds out, filled them in
poplers016_zpsb04d1eff.jpg

wrapped in bacon and suspended in the oven
poplers019_zps7af3f4ef.jpg

edited this post and moved the final entry.. I was waiting for someone else to post something but it was 1 am and time for bed :P

Aight Y'All...I guess I'm in. Gonna struggle to get'er done, but I'm gonna give her a whirl!
IMG_1111_zps9fa6cf1e.jpg
POPPING that TD cherry over here. If I start coloring outside the lines let me know. I ain't the sharpest bowling ball in the knife drawer...

IMG_1134_zpsa0fa65e1.jpg

IMG_1131_zps243609c9.jpg

IMG_1135_zps03e26029.jpg

IMG_1136_zps4cb4a388.jpg

IMG_1133_zps0c98b7ed.jpg

Edit:Made a few audibles.

It's getting serious in here.....

I must have been living under a rock to have never thought about using wonton wrappers in any of my recipes.....EVER. Now I will have to make something delicious out of them. Thank you Sic/Booma for jarring my head out of my ass long enough to see those tasty little creations.

Stc3248-you've got until Monday night to post. Yous Can dos it.

I'm liking the wonton bowls - both of them. But admittedly, if I was in a crowded room and my arm got bumped as I was trying to take a bite of one, I'd be happier to have one of sic's in my hand so I didn't end up with a big mess to clean up.

Jobu, Welcome to TDs!!! is that your entry? Chili as a finger food? You need to get a little more detailed than that, with your list of ingredients, plating as a finger food, etc. and the reason for real money in the picture is Proof of Life, to prove you made that dish for this TD. I'm just trying to be helpful, please don't think I'm picking on you! If you need more help, PM Geeme :rofl:

And Megmoo, your final entry post is only allowed to pics, maybe you haven't posted it yet, but again, I am just trying to be helpful.

This TD is off to an awesome start!

Don't break any rules Joyner!!! I'm glad you're in. We love virgins!
Not a ton of action on this one, so give yourself a fighting chance.

I'm in...as long as all of my appliances work the way they're supposed to, and this includes my wife.

That was a joke, honey. I love you.

Jobu, Welcome to TDs!!! is that your entry? Chili as a finger food? You need to get a little more detailed than that, with your list of ingredients, plating as a finger food, etc. and the reason for real money in the picture is Proof of Life, to prove you made that dish for this TD. I'm just trying to be helpful, please don't think I'm picking on you! If you need more help, PM Geeme :rofl:

And Megmoo, your final entry post is only allowed to pics, maybe you haven't posted it yet, but again, I am just trying to be helpful.

This TD is off to an awesome start!

Thanks Scov! I think Jobu's is a joke entry but maybe something he really made for today? The googled PoL is a hint lol. Jobu, PoL needs to be real and pictured with the actual ingredients used, or in the final pic AND you need to present it as finger food. There is no dipped component so what is the finger part? Put the chile in your vessel of choice and take a pic of that bad boy. Name it, list all ingredients, methods.

megamoo make another post and pop the final entry it it since it merged.

Thanks!

Wow this is looking great!

geeme is on it! Thanks

Joyner's is in... that man can cook and take a killer pic... just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back