• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bhut jolokia

lol :)
So, to end all this, the specie i grow was bought on eBay as bhut jolokia, but these are cayenne thai peppers. These lil guys are also in the super hot peppers family. The ID was made by Pepper joe himself.

Im quite happy because these hybrids peppers plants stay short and perfect for indoor growing.
16330898686_5de981bdbe_o.jpg
16170968137_8db427f75c_o.jpg

I tried a pepper tonight. Still green, i eat a little piece. Then another piece, and then the whole pepper with the seeds. No heat. Nothing.
It is possible ?

After a search on yahoo! i found a couple pictures of pepperoncini with the thai chili look. The peppers on the pictures look exactly what i have on my plants....

I think that ebay seller cheat me to the bones  :mope:

If you saw this on eBay, run away.
14443272349_44c06e2e4d_n.jpg

so...

at the end, the seeds are a unknown specie/hybrid.

one day i will found a real bhut lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am growing a plant that looks identical to that one. I bought it at a local nursery when it was about 6" tall. It was labeled "Chilli Red." Never figured out exactly what it was. The pods look just like yours...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ok. they are spicy, but not super hot. Its pretty sad, i bought bhut jolokia 3 times on eBay, each time i got the bad seeds. I give up lol.

??
how im suposed to know who is a reliable vendor ?

its hard to tell before sowing the seeds man. Almost all pepper seeds look the same for me.

i dont understand your question

Maiden said:
??

its hard to tell before sowing the seeds man. Almost all pepper seeds look the same for me.

THP(The Hot Pepper site) has reliable seed vendors and hobbiests who isolate their seeds and grow true to what type of peppers you are looking for Maiden.

oh ok, yes im at the right place lol. I think i will forget ebay for my seeds. i waste my time n my money :-(

Maiden said:
??

I am to far away to make use of my fellow THP members , but you have a great selection of reliable vendors at your fingertips here.

The best value for money seems to be the end of season specials of fresh pods for sale.
Use the pods for what ever you want , great way to test , and save the seeds for yourself. :party:

Back