• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter 2019

Well, hello everybody! Thank you for stopping by! I'm sorry I'm late to the show. It takes me a long while to get started on anything. I've decided to cut down on varieties and just grow what I know I like, and have more plants of those. I'll be adding a few more as they hook. As of right now, here's what's growin':

2019 Growlist

Purple Flower BBG Orange
Antep Aci Dolma (Devv)
Aji Oro (TGCM)
Fluorescent Yellow Superhot ?? WHP
Black Congo (PL)
Cluster BBG (Buckeye)
Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (Genetikx)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (Mine)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F4 (My seeds and Mojo's seeds. Also have F2 clone overwinter)

Not very far along...but getting there!

SB7J
pZoFV00.jpg

Cinder F4
dIRl9T0.jpg

The whole gang
9ngQYtX.jpg

Bhuter said:
Thank you, Paul! Every glog I look at or random post I see, I notice varieties that I failed to start. But, I'm still waiting on Tovarii seeds to pop, so I don't see why I couldn't start a couple PDN x BMJ plants, too! I still have a total of 6 months left, so that should be long enough.

Thank you for trying out my isolated seeds this year! I hope they excel for you!
Your F7 white seeds were very viable - 100% germination on them!
I didn't try the purple because I already had one of my violet double
pod seed plants going.

Good luck getting your F7 going. By my count, there are about 2
dozen people growing it this season. A few are posting to the
PdN x BMJ thread. I hope more follow through so we can get
a really good look at this season's grow, and see how stable
the cross is at this point. I'm still really interested to see how
the violet/purple and white varieties compare this season.

Really great to see you on the grow log scene again, Adam!

Bhuter said:
Thank you, Brandon! I'm glad to see new people signing up! I'll probably learn some stuff from you. Do you have a glog going? I like to see what makes it into growers' grow lists. Best of luck!

-Adam
I didn’t even think about making one to be honest but that’s a good idea I do it for another platform so I don’t see why not make one for here. I’ll try to back post what has happened to now. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Chocolate Habanero from seeds I got from THP member "nice.chili" in Nice, France just sprouted! Uber stokes about this one! The last few years I've been unsuccessful growing out a black Congo/choc hab. One year, Black Congo split right down the center stalk, then another year it ripened to red. Now I have 2 black Congos from PL seeds and this Chocooate Hab. I'm bound and determined to get one again. Lol

EDIT: Add to that, a White Moruga from Mojo! I believe both the pink and white Morugas are phenos of the Peach. I keep starting seeds, too....AGAIN!

PtMD989 said:
By any chance, are you getting any of your plants outside in this balmy weather today? Up here in the Thumb its warm 62 and humid, no big wind , yet, eh.

Not just yet. I usually don't start hikin' em in & out until the first week of May. It IS 63° here today, but it's gloomy, overcast, & rainy.

EUiPiAU.jpg

Did yours get some fresh air?

Bhuter said:
Thanks, Scott! I hope they'll get some girth in one month. I hope your harvests are full of Chinense's. Starting Dec 1, they should be bountiful!

I hope so Adam! The weather has been crazy here. 35°, then 90° 3 days later, back down to 45° and then back in the high 80's. Storms, 3 in 2 weeks with hella winds. Glad I built the fencing. Next season this old man will be retired and have the time to kill it! (my goal) ;)

Devv said:

That quote brings back old memories. My wife always said her Mom would say "go outside and get the stink off"..

Love it!
My mom used to say it also, that’s where I learned it from [emoji106]

Just taking a few photos.

Here are my (5) 7 Pot Cinder F4 plants. I thought I only had (4) lol. The top 3 are from my seeds, the bottom 2 are from Mojo's seeds.
1VerJAS.jpg

Purple Flower BBG (Orange pods). I have 3 of these and they all seem to be different shades.
nhHnogF.jpg

One of my SB7J. Best looking plant so far. Lol
o1rMD9Z.jpg

Devv said:
Good stuff Adam!

It's going to be a good year! Never grown the SB7J, it looks like it has some P.Dreadie, or MoA traits.
WHAT?!?! Holy cow, Scott! We gotta get you some seeds! This is a must grow in my garden. Lol.

I'm not sure of the original cross, but I believe member "Patrick" says the bees are responsible for this cross. I don't know if his bonnets were MoA...I'm sure they were. The plant definitely grows like a bonnet. Big, lush, crinkly/bubbly leaves. It's a true winner! Thanks!

PtMD989 said:
Plants are looking great [emoji106]. As always [emoji106]

Thank you, Bryan! I'm glad you asked me about the weather. I hadn't looked at the forecast at all. I did today and it looks like I can start taking them out a couple weeks early! Sunday should be 67°, 74° Monday, then 60's from then on...that I can see. Woohoo! I don't know if I'M ready, though. Lol. Hardening off is a lot of tooling up and down the stairs, inside and out. Whew! But, nobody else is gonna do it! Lol

Bhuter said:
Hi, Al! Good to see you're back, too! Thank you! I started seeds around the end of Feb. beginning of March. So roughly 4-6 weeks. I still have more coming up.

Do you have some awesome CPR's this year?

PINK MORUGA FROM MOJO JUST HOOKED!
Waiting on other late additions.

Yes, I have two from WHP seeds.

xzgXVSm.jpg

Walchit said:
I got some chocolate hab seeds from a guy on Instagram. Supposed to be a heavy producer

Do not know if they are the same, but I have found Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habanero to be extremely productive, and the plants are usually fairly small, between two and three feet.

Back