• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter 2019

Well, hello everybody! Thank you for stopping by! I'm sorry I'm late to the show. It takes me a long while to get started on anything. I've decided to cut down on varieties and just grow what I know I like, and have more plants of those. I'll be adding a few more as they hook. As of right now, here's what's growin':

2019 Growlist

Purple Flower BBG Orange
Antep Aci Dolma (Devv)
Aji Oro (TGCM)
Fluorescent Yellow Superhot ?? WHP
Black Congo (PL)
Cluster BBG (Buckeye)
Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (Genetikx)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (Mine)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F4 (My seeds and Mojo's seeds. Also have F2 clone overwinter)

Not very far along...but getting there!

SB7J
pZoFV00.jpg

Cinder F4
dIRl9T0.jpg

The whole gang
9ngQYtX.jpg

Walchit said:
I got some chocolate hab seeds from a guy on Instagram. Supposed to be a heavy producer

Awesome! Do you have some growing this year, Andy?

alkhall said:
Do not know if they are the same, but I have found Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habanero to be extremely productive, and the plants are usually fairly small, between two and three feet.
I have seeds for the Jamaican, but I've never tried it. I believe they're a little bigger pods, too!

At the end of 2017, I sent some isolated F3 Cinder seeds (along with other varieties) to Enrico (Mojo) in Italy. He grew it out and had some great phenos!

sISRlMb.jpg

qWApq7n.jpg

Enrico then sent F4 seeds from those pods to Sandra (Fiogga) and she sent some back to me. I have 2 plants growing from Enrico's seeds. I sure hope I get some evil guys like that ^^...!

Sleeper67 said:
Wow those cinder look amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much! His look much more evil than the pods I had last year. This is a cross I made in 2015 (BBM x Madballz) and it's on its 4 generation this year! The first year, they were all chocolate. Then in 2017, I got 7 chocolates and 1 caramel. I kept seeds from both, but only grew out the caramel. The color stuck around on all plants last year. I hope they continue to produce caramel pods.

Thanks again!

Man, I've been looking all over the place for this pic. I finally found it in a private message. Last season, Justin White sent me a couple of huge boxes of pods during harvest. There was one variety in particular that caught my eye. It was a florescent yellow SuperHot. The color was similar to a lemon drop, but it had super heat. I still don't know which variety this is. I'm waiting to find out. Does anybody know? Either way, I have 2 or 3 of these plants this year.

z0NH3uY.jpg

Bhuter said:
Man, I've been looking all over the place for this pic. I finally found it in a private message. Last season, Justin White sent me a couple of huge boxes of pods during harvest. There was one variety in particular that caught my eye. It was a florescent yellow SuperHot. The color was similar to a lemon drop, but it had super heat. I still don't know which variety this is. I'm waiting to find out. Does anybody know? Either way, I have 2 or 3 of these plants this year.

z0NH3uY.jpg

I can't wait to see how that turns out for you Adam, it's almost translucent..

Devv said:

I can't wait to see how that turns out for you Adam, it's almost translucent..

Thanks, Scott! I love the color! It also looks kinda friendly. Lol. But it's frickin' hot. If the color hangs on, I may have a new "dedicated" variety...one that gets grown every year. Lol.

I started to load up some flats today to take the babies outside. Then I realized I'd have to stake them all. I put them all back. Lol. Overwhelm-ness happens easily. So I just took out the easy one. The mother plant of this was grown in 2017, then I took a clone at the end of the season. This is still that clone. The first plant of the Cinder to show Caramel. F2. Still hangin' on! Looking haggard and ready for sun. Lol

aorvocu.jpg

I'll try and move the others outside today. It's supposed to be 73°.

PtMD989 said:
If the weather forecast is right for the week, I may have to mow my lawn soon. But I still have lots of muddy areas. [emoji16]

Grr. I know what you mean. My neighbor mowed yesterday. So you know what THAT means. Now I have to mow.

PtMD989 said:
Its still kinda weird,even after a year, when people say hey, Grampa I dont always realize they are talking to me. [emoji16]
Congrats to you, Grampa [emoji106]

Thank you very much! That WILL definitely be weird. Every time we get used to life, things change where WE have to change. Lol. Gotta answer to a new name. I hope I hear it!!! Lol. I'll just make the kid learn sign language, so they have to be standing in front of me before signing...but I won't learn it. Lol. "I'm sorry kid. I don't know what you're sayin' ‍♂" lol. :rofl:

Walchit said:
I do have 6-8 of those chocolate habs growing, and 6-8 F2 cinder. Hopefully I get some Carmel this year
Damn, dude. I'm sorry. I forget you still have the chocolate seeds. Very few ppl have those. Lol. I'll get you some caramel pods this year if you don't get any...or at least some F5 seeds in the fall.

Nice on the chocolate habs! I hope they ARE super-productive for you! I love those pods. I can't wait to see your harvestssssss! Do you have a plan for them? Additional sauces lined up? Pod selling?

BigCedar said:
I'm growing the 7Cinder as well this year, been a few years since I've grown any peppers so that is a new variety to me (along with the other 120 new superhots that have shown up in the last couple years  :lol: ) Is this your first year growing them as well? Interested how they are flavor and production wise. They sure look cool.
I guess he's too modest to mention it but Bhuter's (aka Adam) is the 7Pot Cinder guy. Like, it's his cross. They do look cool; I grew them last year from f3(?) seeds. Two of the plants threw caramel pods with stingers and delightfully bumpy skin. The other plant pushed out red pods that looked a lot like an OG But Jolokia. All three plants produced pods with heat on the lower end of SuperHot. Flavor is nice, if you're into Caramel Supers. (Tbh, I preferred red ones but didn't save seeds from that one bc that's not the desired color or pheno...)

Bicycle808 said:
I guess he's too modest to mention it but Bhuter's (aka Adam) is the 7Pot Cinder guy. Like, it's his cross. They do look cool; I grew them last year from f3(?) seeds. Two of the plants threw caramel pods with stingers and delightfully bumpy skin. The other plant pushed out red pods that looked a lot like an OG But Jolokia. All three plants produced pods with heat on the lower end of SuperHot. Flavor is nice, if you're into Caramel Supers. (Tbh, I preferred red ones but didn't save seeds from that one bc that's not the desired color or pheno...)
Hey, dude! Wow! I didn't know you had a Red last year! Very interesting! Maybe the Naga Morich from BBM came out. That's the first off-color plant, I think, after the caramel showed up. Maybe some chocolate have popped up from caramel seeds.
I'm gonna agree with you on the heat spectrum. Low-end of super. It's not prickly-heat like a scorpion. It's more of a Bhut burn. I may, eventually, try from F2 seeds like Andy has, to get a crazy-hot chocolate...like the F1 was.

Thank you very much! I'm glad to see you're back for another year of plant masterwork.

Bhuter said:
Hey, dude! Wow! I didn't know you had a Red last year! Very interesting! Maybe the Naga Morich from BBM came out. That's the first off-color plant, I think, after the caramel showed up. Maybe some chocolate have popped up from caramel seeds.
I'm gonna agree with you on the heat spectrum. Low-end of super. It's not prickly-heat like a scorpion. It's more of a Bhut burn. I may, eventually, try from F2 seeds like Andy has, to get a crazy-hot chocolate...like the F1 was.

Thank you very much! I'm glad to see you're back for another year of plant masterwork.
Yeah, the one plant was all reds. And the pods were pretty attenuated and pointy. They really looked like Bhuts, but the texture of the skin reminded me a lot of 7Jonah? I mean, the Jonahs I grow, seeds from WHP. I have seen pics of smoother Jonahs online... The red Cinders were bumpy and blistered, but not as deeply wrinkled and gnarly as the caramel jawns, which looked more like the pod I got from your SFRB.

The red ones were, predictably, the hottest. The other plants, one showed lighter-colored true caramel pods, similar color to what you posted from Mojo...the others were darker, but not so dark as to be called chocolate or brown. Just, like, dark caramel. The darker ones had more consistent shapes, while the lighter ones had some of these pods where the folds only show up on one side, so the stinger juts out at like a 45° angle... So they look kinda "bent," know what I mean? Ultimately, I saved seeds from two of the lighter-colored pods, but selected the straight up'n'down pheno. See what pops up this time...

I wish I'd taken some pics of those red Cinder pods. I'm sure I did, but I doubt I can track then down. I ate, sauces, and smoked all the pods, but I didn't save seeds. I viewed them as a selective dead-end.

Bicycle808 said:
Yeah, the one plant was all reds. And the pods were pretty attenuated and pointy. They really looked like Bhuts, but the texture of the skin reminded me a lot of 7Jonah? I mean, the Jonahs I grow, seeds from WHP. I have seen pics of smoother Jonahs online... The red Cinders were bumpy and blistered, but not as deeply wrinkled and gnarly as the caramel jawns, which looked more like the pod I got from your SFRB.

The red ones were, predictably, the hottest. The other plants, one showed lighter-colored true caramel pods, similar color to what you posted from Mojo...the others were darker, but not so dark as to be called chocolate or brown. Just, like, dark caramel. The darker ones had more consistent shapes, while the lighter ones had some of these pods where the folds only show up on one side, so the stinger juts out at like a 45° angle... So they look kinda "bent," know what I mean? Ultimately, I saved seeds from two of the lighter-colored pods, but selected the straight up'n'down pheno. See what pops up this time...

I wish I'd taken some pics of those red Cinder pods. I'm sure I did, but I doubt I can track then down. I ate, sauces, and smoked all the pods, but I didn't save seeds. I viewed them as a selective dead-end.
I know exactly what you mean by 45° angle stinger. I had a lot of those last year. Like the first three in this pic.
ILAxzLs.jpg

Do you think the darker caramel pods were maybe pulled earlier? I know mine get more red as they hang...but not so red to be called a red. I'm sure you'll get some greats this year!

Bhuter said:

The Cinders I'm growing are F2 seeds I think I got from Andy.    

Bhuter said:
I know exactly what you mean by 45° angle stinger. I had a lot of those last year. Like the first three in this pic.
ILAxzLs.jpg

Do you think the darker caramel pods were maybe pulled earlier? I know mine get more red as they hang...but not so red to be called a red. I'm sure you'll get some greats this year!
Yeah you got the right idea about the bent stingers...

The thing about those two caramel-ish Cinder plants is, I had one growing next to the red one at the community garden, and the other was growing 3 blocks away in my back yard. So, side by side comparisons of the plant were impossible, but I could tell which pod came from which plant by the color, if I was comparing the pods side by side after I picked them. I like to let pods ripen fully for best flavor. The lighter ones took on a deep burnt sienna color, once they got that red tone to them. The darker ones just got closer to brown-ness. Not brown like my Chocolate Brainstrains or Jamaican Hot Chocolates, but on the browner side of caramel, with very little reddishness....

Again, wish I kept all the pics I took of these. I feel like I'm describing it wrong... Or maybe they were just brown?? But like I said, they weren't as dark as my Chocolates, and they had that orange quality behind them. But the lighter ones were prettier and, more importantly, closer to the colors you were posting bitd...

Back