• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter 2019

Well, hello everybody! Thank you for stopping by! I'm sorry I'm late to the show. It takes me a long while to get started on anything. I've decided to cut down on varieties and just grow what I know I like, and have more plants of those. I'll be adding a few more as they hook. As of right now, here's what's growin':

2019 Growlist

Purple Flower BBG Orange
Antep Aci Dolma (Devv)
Aji Oro (TGCM)
Fluorescent Yellow Superhot ?? WHP
Black Congo (PL)
Cluster BBG (Buckeye)
Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (Genetikx)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (Mine)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F4 (My seeds and Mojo's seeds. Also have F2 clone overwinter)

Not very far along...but getting there!

SB7J
pZoFV00.jpg

Cinder F4
dIRl9T0.jpg

The whole gang
9ngQYtX.jpg

Harry_Dangler said:
The Cinders I'm growing are F2 seeds I think I got from Andy.    
Oh really? You may get chocolate pods! I personally think the chocolate are hotter. Have you seen PeterS doing a review on F1? The pods that Andy's seeds came from?

Here's that.

Awesome! I can't wait to see what you get!

Bicycle808 said:
Yeah you got the right idea about the bent stingers...

The thing about those two caramel-ish Cinder plants is, I had one growing next to the red one at the community garden, and the other was growing 3 blocks away in my back yard. So, side by side comparisons of the plant were impossible, but I could tell which pod came from which plant by the color, if I was comparing the pods side by side after I picked them. I like to let pods ripen fully for best flavor. The lighter ones took on a deep burnt sienna color, once they got that red tone to them. The darker ones just got closer to brown-ness. Not brown like my Chocolate Brainstrains or Jamaican Hot Chocolates, but on the browner side of caramel, with very little reddishness....

Again, wish I kept all the pics I took of these. I feel like I'm describing it wrong... Or maybe they were just brown?? But like I said, they weren't as dark as my Chocolates, and they had that orange quality behind them. But the lighter ones were prettier and, more importantly, closer to the colors you were posting bitd...
I'm sure they were a darker caramel. Cool beans! I like the way you choose to save seeds, as well! Thank you for all of your decision-making in that area.

You've got a lot going this season. It should be Podville at your place!

Glad to see them outside!

I still have some of those original seeds you sent, if I can get the Chinense to produce, I'll plant them. I probably will because in November I'll be a short timer and after that I will have a life again...after 47 years ;)

Devv said:
Glad to see them outside!

I still have some of those original seeds you sent, if I can get the Chinense to produce, I'll plant them. I probably will because in November I'll be a short timer and after that I will have a life again...after 47 years ;)
Woohooooooo!!!!! More time to think about all the stuff you don't wanna do like repair/recoup the house/garden. Lol

J/K you're a hard worker and always will be. Ambition rocks!

Congratulations!!!! Finally! THIS is what you've been getting out of bed early for years for....the ability to NOT have to anymore. Lol that's great, Scott!!!

Bhuter said:
Woohooooooo!!!!! More time to think about all the stuff you don't wanna do like repair/recoup the house/garden. Lol

J/K you're a hard worker and always will be. Ambition rocks!

Congratulations!!!! Finally! THIS is what you've been getting out of bed early for years for....the ability to NOT have to anymore. Lol that's great, Scott!!!

Thanks!

And right now splitting my time between the garden and a small edition to the house...it never stops, and work sure does get in the way of life!

Sleeper67 said:
Very nice, I am excited to see more on the Cinder. Your plants look great and very healthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much! There are a couple videos on YouTube with reviews on it, if you haven't seen them. F1 review link is in the top post of this page. I'm excited, too! I'm glad so many people are growing it...and some people are growing it again! Woohoo!

Thanks!

Bhuter said:
Thank you very much! There are a couple videos on YouTube with reviews on it, if you haven't seen them. F1 review link is in the top post of this page. I'm excited, too! I'm glad so many people are growing it...and some people are growing it again! Woohoo!

Thanks!
nice! I just checked out 2 different reviews sounds like a fun time [emoji48]

Time for a rant.

Am I the only person who hates spring? Yes, the weather's nice...but that's it. People get cabin fever and MUST go outside and do things. I'm not an outside person. I hate being outside. I'm not a people person, either. If there are people outside, I stay in. I go out to check the plants. It may take a while, but I'm coming right back. Outside is too bright and hot. I guess it comes from being from California originally. I was excited to move to Michigan 20 years ago because it snows and it's cold here. BULLSH*T! It's hotter here! No humidity in Cali. Out here, you can drown in the air.

This happens every year. I tell myself in the fall, "No damn garden next year." But here I am. Every year I go through the same thing: I give up...I don't wanna do it...I'll just let the plants die...maybe I can sell them...etc. But I never do. It's not the gardening, it's the weather. I like cold and snow. BUT, if I were to move further up north, I'd bitch about the cold and darkness. ‍♂️ I guess I'm not happy unless I'm miserable.

Anyway, thanks for listening and I'm sorry if I brought anybody down. That was not my intent. I just wanna know if there are other anti-spring people. This weather makes me want to scream and sleep...at the same time. Lol

I’m not a big fan of the mud. My big dumb Aussie/Border Collie can’t stay out of it. Daily dog baths, but he is good at getting a bath, he’s got the routine down. [emoji16]

dragonsfire said:
Saturday to Tuesday supposed to be temps of -2 to -4c at night. :(

There we go! Now we're talkin'. I had to put the AC in a couple days ago. We live upstairs and the heat is always unbearable in the spring/summer. But I like it cold and dry, like a museum. Anything above 68° and I'm roasting. Old age hot flashes. Hopefully it warms up for you soon. Get all the season you can!

PtMD989 said:
Im not a big fan of the mud. My big dumb Aussie/Border Collie cant stay out of it. Daily dog baths, but he is good at getting a bath, hes got the routine down. [emoji16]

Ugh! Don't those dogs have water proof fur, as well? That's gotta be a PITA. Gotta saturate em just to get em wet. "Out of the mud! You know the drill...into the bath!" Lol.

dragonsfire said:
Il be focusing more on indoor grows since the growing season has drasticaly been reduced, will be anticipating Winter on Oct 1 like it has the last two years.
Oh, man! What a bummer. Mine is usually the middle of October...but that's for fall, not winter. Lol. Yes, an indoor grow! I hope it flourishes! Fewer bugs, too!

Back