• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Big Jim's Fabulous Pepper Adventures

What's happening everybody. My name is Big Jim and this is my first year attempting to grow a variety of assorted hot peppers. I am very excited to learn from everyone here and through my experiences. I wanted to document my Fabulous Pepper Adventures for everyone as well as myself for educational (and comical) purposes. Welcome to my glog and happy reading!

Geeze now I feel tiny with my little 160 some seeds I planted!

Question, since you are doing the whole farmers market thing do you have a smartphone?

We got our organic fertilizer today. Has anybody every used this stuff?

(We are transplanting some of our tomatoes for the greenhouse)

428172_370295522983662_198946526785230_1521058_352172729_n.jpg

Good luck with your mega grow, Jim!
That's a great greenhouse and plot of
land you have to play with! Good luck
getting all that under control!

Thanks SocalChilehead :) I live in New Jersey so it isn't quite as warm as most places. I am planning on growing a lot of :hot: varieties outdoors but the SuperHots are going to be grown in the greenhouse. I will transplant the starts from the 288 tray to probably 4 inch pots once they show their true leaves. I will then put them in the greenhouse. I am trying to hold off until at least mid April to bring them to the greenhouse because March and early April weather here in Jersey is really unpredictable.

Looking great so far!

I've been looking for a local farmers market, but have had no luck... Found a co-op, but they don't want hot peppers... Just bell, and only once every 4 months...

Thanks SocalChilehead :) I live in New Jersey so it isn't quite as warm as most places. I am planning on growing a lot of :hot: varieties outdoors but the SuperHots are going to be grown in the greenhouse. I will transplant the starts from the 288 tray to probably 4 inch pots once they show their true leaves. I will then put them in the greenhouse. I am trying to hold off until at least mid April to bring them to the greenhouse because March and early April weather here in Jersey is really unpredictable.

Sounds like Oregon weather! The sprouts are lookin' good - great germ rate!
Good luck at transplant time, Jim.

Like compmodder26 said, there's nothing better than to witness Him at work in people's lives - nothing can be more encouraging!! This season will exceed your wildest expectations! You are off to an amazing start, brother! :)

Nice work...Thats a lot of plants... how ya like growin in that coco, I just can't seem to get it to work very well for me here.

The coco coir works great for germination and up until they get their true leaves. After that they need to be introduced to some nutrient dense soil. I like to transplant them from 100% coco coir to 50% coco coir - 50% compost. I also use liquid fish to feretilize during the trasplant.

Back