• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Big Jim's Fabulous Pepper Adventures

What's happening everybody. My name is Big Jim and this is my first year attempting to grow a variety of assorted hot peppers. I am very excited to learn from everyone here and through my experiences. I wanted to document my Fabulous Pepper Adventures for everyone as well as myself for educational (and comical) purposes. Welcome to my glog and happy reading!

A quick update:

All of the superhots have joined the other pepper varieties in the greenhouse and are doing fine. The only peppers that aren't doing so well are our jalepenos - but whatever I guess....we have so many other peppers to manage they won't even be missed hopefully. I will post more pictures soon - we have been busy moving/sculpting 47 tons of compost into garden beds. I am considering leaving the superhots in the greenhouse throughout the summer (we live in a zone 7 - Barnegat, NJ) and was wondering if anybody had any advice or thoughts about this. Thanks!

Seems like all is going well now, but coco that comes in those compressed packs always gave me problems if you just get it wet and use it. Better to precharge it with a light nutrient solution. This will help with the cal/mag problems. Google it and all the pot growing sites have info on it.

Back