• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

BK's Angry Whopper

texas blues said:
When I talk to God he understands son sit beside me and I'll be your guiding hand....

Cheers, TB.

musik010.gif
thumbsup.gif

My G/f and I really dont like most of the fast food chains or fast food much with a few exceptions. Taco Bell Del Taco Subway
and Tubbys (local sub place here) I kept seeing the commercial
for the angry and had to try it.I prefer either cooking my own
and the 1 place that we like to go out for burgers is 220 miles away:lol: I guess i fell for hype again :lol:monday I am making g/f and I our own burgers with ground venison mushrooms cheese
onions and of course...chile's :)

I'm pretty sure corporate lawyers advise against any hot sauce above a medium, remember McDonald's getting sued for hot coffee?!

I gave up fast food joints after they turned my guts to jello the last two times, one BK and the other McD. Don't go there no mo period.

I'd be willing to bet with the rise of popularity of spicy food the past couple of years that all of the big chains are experimenting with a Habanero sauce. Problem is like THP said it's the lawyers who are making the sauce.

patrick said:
I'd be willing to bet with the rise of popularity of spicy food the past couple of years that all of the big chains are experimenting with a Habanero sauce. Problem is like THP said it's the lawyers who are making the sauce.

I think the problem is that we here at THP are at the extreme end of the scale while the fastfood chains are trying to maximize the profit by putting out products that everyone can "enjoy". Average Joe probably think that burger is spicy:)

A Swedish chain have a "dangerously hot" chipotle burger right now. The sauce is so hot they have to add mayo to make it more forgiving... http://www.max.se/campaigns.aspx

:D

After getting food poisoning from BK a few years ago, i will never eat there or any other fast food type place again. Angry whopper? Prolly more like E-coli murderburger. Eff that.

Sickmont said:
After getting food poisoning from BK a few years ago, i will never eat there or any other fast food type place again. Angry whopper? Prolly more like E-coli murderburger. Eff that.

I got food poisoning many years ago from their chicken sandwich, and have never been back. I do remember liking their bacon-double cheeseburgers before they changed the recipe/toppings. But what's with their bacon anyways, its almost as if it was steamed or something?

I tried it and thought the same as everyone else. If you like a whopper, this is a spicer version but you knew going into it that it was only going to be Jalapeno hot. It was ok, definately fast food. Five Guys burgers and fries is good stuff, but if you are ever in CT you have to go to Louie's Lunch in New Haven. They claim to have invented the hamburger and kinda run the place like the soup nazi (don't ask for ketchup or else)but it is the best burger I have ever had.

Wild Man Matt said:
....... and kinda run the place like the soup nazi (don't ask for ketchup or else)but it is the best burger I have ever had.

You know, there was a small soul food place in Chicago once that was like that. I never made it to there but some of my buddies in the AF were telling me the verbal abuse they dished out to the customers was insane in the place. Everyone said it was a 5 star riot to eat there. And yes, the food was phenomenal!

BK sucks... I shouldn't be saying this because my boss is the owner of the franchise here in Guatemala, but they do have some serious quality contro issues. I never eat there... yuck.

I do like Quizno's however. But I do add my own heat because I hate limp, unhot jalapenos.

I don't think there's any argument that BK and fast food sucks. The only people that say it's good are little kids, cuz they don't understand what good food is yet. They hate homemade burgers and love flat cardboard with condiments and a toy. Some take longer to realize that this is crap, but when you finally do, there is no going back. I haven't eaten this crap in I don't know how many years. Roadtrip convenience maybe.

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't think there's any argument that BK and fast food sucks. The only people that say it's good are little kids, cuz they don't understand what good food is yet. They hate homemade burgers and love flat cardboard with condiments and a toy. Some take longer to realize that this is crap, but when you finally do, there is no going back. I haven't eaten this crap in I don't know how many years. Roadtrip convenience maybe.

Yup. It has been about five years since I have had mcdonalds or BK. Subway is our roadtrip food of choice.

I tried one when they first started the promotion. Let's just say that one bite was all I needed and the rest went into the trash!

I said it before - until these restaurants started downsizing their sandwiches so they could collect about the same cost, Mickey D and Wendy's had great tasting burgers. Who can forget getting a Wendy's burger that had real hamburger grease coating the bun! And Mickey's Mc B-L-T with ripe tomatoes, the burger nice and hot but the lettuce, tomato and mayo nice and cold.

At one time BK also had the very best fish sandwiches but now I think I would rather eat straw.

Mike

Yeah, I used to like BK's Whopper occasionally when it was on sale for a buck, but seems they make 'em crappier than the used to.

Oh, and only the Whopper Jr. is a buck now..cheap bastards.

fineexampl said:
See if i'm going to get a takeout burger, i would go to a restaraunt that makes awesome burgers.

Now true burger joint afficionados will know about Five Guys.

They have one of them in Paterson (or is it Clifton?) NJ. I've eaten there but never gotten anything spicy from them. Next time I'll look for the jalapenos. Better than nuthin'.

Good burgers.

worlok said:
They have one of them in Paterson (or is it Clifton?) NJ. I've eaten there but never gotten anything spicy from them. Next time I'll look for the jalapenos. Better than nuthin'.

Good burgers.

It's in Paterson on RT.46 . They have a killer cruise night there on thursdays(well, they used to 14 years ago)

Back