• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

BK's Angry Whopper

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't think there's any argument that BK and fast food sucks. The only people that say it's good are little kids, cuz they don't understand what good food is yet. They hate homemade burgers and love flat cardboard with condiments and a toy. Some take longer to realize that this is crap, but when you finally do, there is no going back. I haven't eaten this crap in I don't know how many years. Roadtrip convenience maybe.

SOME fast food sucks. There's a lot of good "crap" out there, you just have to hunt around for it, even if it's from the big chains.

BTW, the BK Triple Stacker is awesome!

When I lived in L.A./Long Beach CA there was a chain called "Tommy's". People either loved their burgers or they thought they were completely disgusting. I LOVED them. Their places were completely nasty looking, but when you order a cheese burger it is automatically loaded with no-bean chili and onions. It's by far the sloppiest burger I've ever eaten. You usually need a spoon to finish it off. They make BK look like gourmet, but man they're tasty. Has anyone here ever been in that area and tried a Tommy burger?

I'm probably really in the minority here, but when I am drinking and hungry. I will stop at the Wendy's down the street from my house and order the whole "dollar menu". Then I go home and have a cabinet full of hot sauces to put on them. I especially like Lethal Ingestion on the $1 Chicken fillet. The fries are an appetizer on the way home and the Double Bacon C-burger is the nightcap with the Cajohn's Chipotle sauce. Hey I only do it once a month or so, but it just feels right!

Edit: Oh and Mike thanks for bringing RAX up, that brings back some good memories!

JayT said:
I'm probably really in the minority here, but when I am drinking and hungry. I will stop at the Wendy's

Not at all. I'm a St Louis native. I bet Scott Roberts can relate to stopping for some Whitey's belly bombers coming home from Pop's at 3am.
I'm not entirely sure why, White Castles are gross when you're sober, but when you're on a good drunk they are magically delicious.

Do you ever crave a fast food burger, go out of your way to eat one, and then wonder why you ate that piece of crap, and leave with indigestion and nasty burps? :lol:

StoneySauce said:
Not at all. I'm a St Louis native. I bet Scott Roberts can relate to stopping for some Whitey's belly bombers coming home from Pop's at 3am.
I'm not entirely sure why, White Castles are gross when you're sober, but when you're on a good drunk they are magically delicious.

Hi fellow former St. Louisian! Yep White Castle was the munchies at 1 - 4AM place to go. I worked at Zantigo and Naugles in St. Louis back about 30 years ago. Ooops, my age is showing. :shocked:

Taco Bell ain't bad either but they've also suffered from reduced quality and quantity lately.

And don't get me started on limp, mild jalapenos. That's the whole reason I started growing our own peppers. It's all about the nachoes.

Taco Bell's "volcano taco" is more like a small campfire unless you do like me and take your own bottle of sauce to soup it up

I miss Naugles' macho burrito. Those were great and they actually put a decent amount of meat on their tacos unlike Taco Smell. I was a regular at their Rock Road location.

thehotpepper.com said:
Do you ever crave a fast food burger, go out of your way to eat one, and then wonder why you ate that piece of crap, and leave with indigestion and nasty burps? :lol:

Yeah, i've done that a couple of times. Last time i did it was about 2 years ago. Usually its some sort of drunken fast food beef lust, and i wound up stumbling into Wendy's ordering one(or two, i think) of their 3/4 pound triples with cheese. And i paid for it dearly the next day. BLEAH!

BrianS said:
Taco Bell's "volcano taco" is more like a small campfire unless you do like me and take your own bottle of sauce to soup it up
Taco Bell's Volcano taco blows and it's not even hot at all.

come on you guys this is like big daddy Don Garlits going to a high school and telling a 16 year old kid his car is slow!!
All of us here would have a hard time finding any fast food hot.
My last trip to Florida had me sitting behind a pile of checkers hot dogs and a bottle of Elyucateco and it was sooo good .
for fun you guys should buy your buddy an angry whopper and lace it with some jersey death and get your camera ready..

shayneyasinski said:
come on you guys this is like big daddy Don Garlits going to a high school and telling a 16 year old kid his car is slow!!
All of us here would have a hard time finding any fast food hot.

Good point. :)

shayneyasinski said:
My last trip to Florida had me sitting behind a pile of checkers hot dogs and a bottle of Elyucateco and it was sooo good .
for fun you guys should buy your buddy an angry whopper and lace it with some jersey death and get your camera ready..

Yeah, eating some diced chicken nuggets w/ onions and melty cheeses and ElYucateco in a burrito right now..good 'lil snack.

And LoLz at the Burger Plan....:hell:

WTF, $4,33 for a burger that's not hot at all?

Only way I felt soem heat at all was to take a jalapeno pepper slice and put it in the back of my toung as far as I could go, and then I got mild heat, Hell the hot sauce I have at home that I use on my food is a lot hotter, And hell the slim jim Tabasco sauce beef jerky is a lot hotter then the Angry burger.

However the burger was very GOOD tasting.

pepperfever said:
IMO BK's whoppers taste like burnt cardboard...opinion from many years ago when the local BK had specials. I just cannot eat a whopper and have tried since then, still taste the same so I just skip BK.

I don't like there flame broiled burgers either. There chicken sandwich is pretty good, but that's just it. Pretty good. I'm not a big fan of overcooked meat either. Oddly I prefer to go to restaurants that let me order my burgers Med-Rare. I've yet to get sick off of one and they taste alot better IMO.

my brother got the angry whopper. Piad like 6 bucks for it and said the thing was terriable for what he paid. He siad at most the thing was a 3 if that.

Ok, so I stopped at a BK the other day and saw the "Angry Whopper" on the menu. I ordered one, and wished I hadn't. More like a mildly annoying burger short on heat, taste & quality. I didn't realize these things had been around since 2009 until I searched for this thread. I wish I would have seen it before so I wouldn't have bothered. From now on, I will only eat my own green chile cheeseburger or 5 guys burger with fresh, grilled jalapenos, hot sauce, bbq sauce, and grilled onions.

Back