• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BrandonB's 2019 glog!!

Wanted to wait until some signs of life were showing before starting the glog, and here we are.

Will be an outdoor container grow in humid north Florida. Will probably end with at least 10 cultivars.

Hopefully the heat and pests will be kind to me this season!!

Without further ado some 7 pot choccy and sepia serpent that are just starting their lives! Will be putting about 5 more varieties into towels tonight!!   Also i apologize for the terrible quality, im a shaky fella and my phone is rather poor. :D 
IMAG0359.jpg
IMAG0360.jpg

(How long do you guys usually let radicles go before putting into medium?)

That's awesome. I think if the weather is good,
planting the starts out should be fine. They just
need a bit of extra attention at the beginning. If
you get the odd cold night, you can make cloches
out of two-liter pop bottles to keep the little ones warmer.

Can't wait to see pics of your outdoor grow!

PaulG said:
That's awesome. I think if the weather is good,
planting the starts out should be fine. They just
need a bit of extra attention at the beginning. If
you get the odd cold night, you can make cloches
out of two-liter pop bottles to keep the little ones warmer.

Can't wait to see pics of your outdoor grow!
I think I'll end up giving them until next Friday, so 8 more days to harden off in their cells. Then I'll go straight to 7 gallon planters and 5 gallon buckets. Heavy rain is my only fear now but they seemed to sustain the last one just fine save for the few that were under a heavy drip spot.

As always thanks for the tips paul

I didnt flamethrower stomp him, let him go easy about 500 feet away lol.

Think im gonna cave and add some more jalapeno and some cayenne to the grow like I've been pondering  The wife wants more mild variety.  Does anyone have experience with any cayenne varieties? Something prolific or extra tasty?  Don't want to buy more seeds this year but the wife specifically asked for it D:

How are your surgery patients, Brandon!?

When I grew Cayenne, I just bought some
Ed Hume seeds at Kroger's. Called Long
Red Cayenne.  They were great, and bred
for our climate here in PNW. Perhaps there
is an easy to find variety like that where you
live. They were productive and tasty.

PaulG said:
How are your surgery patients, Brandon!?

When I grew Cayenne, I just bought some
Ed Hume seeds at Kroger's. Called Long
Red Cayenne.  They were great, and bred
for our climate here in PNW. Perhaps there
is an easy to find variety like that where you
live. They were productive and tasty.

Lost one devils brain, and one jalapeno. Also one struggling peach ghost that might not make it. Not a devastating loss at all.

I ended up caving and purchasing some cayenne from Justin @whp, along with a few other super-hot cultivars. He seemed pretty confident in them so I'll give em a shot.

Have some heavy purpleing on one of the yellow Nagabrains, possibly needs a feeding? Also an odd looking leaf growth. Seems to be growing from one side but oriented for the other. Only other plant doing this is another Nagabrains yellow. Anyone ever seen this?

Attachments

• IMAG0378.jpg
    IMAG0378.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 55
Kennylay said:
Have some heavy purpleing on one of the yellow Nagabrains, possibly needs a feeding? Also an odd looking leaf growth. Seems to be growing from one side but oriented for the other. Only other plant doing this is another Nagabrains yellow. Anyone ever seen this?
I think the purpling is a response to light.
Usually harmless, like a sun tan. Raise the
light a tad if it concerns you.

The new growth will probably straighten
itself out.  Just hold the course and don't
mess with it too much. Nature takes its
time, and a few days, although hard to be
patient, often do the trick.

If something really is wrong, it will become
obvious.  Unfortunately.

edit: Oh, yeah, could also be a cross, like my
BJ hybrid. That would be best case scenario  ;)

They made the move outside so that makes sense that it's possibly a light reaction. Thanks for the relief.

As for progress, i mixed up a few cu. feet of coco and soil at 1:1, added leftover peat and some worm castings to taste. Just wanted to test my batch size and how much more I'll need of everything. The mix looked and felt really good, coco is growing on me.

And the dog is always curious of anything new of course.

Attachments

• received_635365113570885.jpeg
    received_635365113570885.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 57
  • received_616746045405645.jpeg
    received_616746045405645.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 49
Kennylay said:
Heavy purpling is potassium deficiency I think, whatever the P in N-P-K is
Soil ph prob needs to come down, rain water can do this fast if you got some collected somewhere

Kennylay said:
They made the move outside so that makes sense that it's possibly a light reaction. Thanks for the relief.

As for progress, i mixed up a few cu. feet of coco and soil at 1:1, added leftover peat and some worm castings to taste. Just wanted to test my batch size and how much more I'll need of everything. The mix looked and felt really good, coco is growing on me.

And the dog is always curious of anything new of course.

Please forgive my asking Ken but is that a dog or a little goat in that pic?? Angle of the pic has me abit off on that, doesn't help I am a touch  color blind as well and its a night shot.

Back