• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BrandonB's 2019 glog!!

Wanted to wait until some signs of life were showing before starting the glog, and here we are.

Will be an outdoor container grow in humid north Florida. Will probably end with at least 10 cultivars.

Hopefully the heat and pests will be kind to me this season!!

Without further ado some 7 pot choccy and sepia serpent that are just starting their lives! Will be putting about 5 more varieties into towels tonight!!   Also i apologize for the terrible quality, im a shaky fella and my phone is rather poor. :D 
IMAG0359.jpg
IMAG0360.jpg

(How long do you guys usually let radicles go before putting into medium?)

I have a Heeler/Collie mix, though she was intentionally bred for that mix just to get the attributes that both breeds can give off. She is quite old now and prolly does not have alot of time left sadly, has a hard time doing very much these days but still gets up for a good squirrel chase now and then.

Poor dog been passed around and we have had her the last 3-4 years now taking her from my brother who can't take care of himself never the less  a dog.

Will try and put some pics up later of her when we get home.

For sure Matt, nothing gets a thread going like some nice dog pics!!

And Andy we see you with another sly "accidental" page topper.

On another note I get home to see another damned tent moth caterpillar having lunch on my largest plant's largest leaf......

Bastard got me for a whole true leaf . Went straight for the stem too, no remorse.

Let's just say he won't be turning into a tent moth.

Attachments

• IMAG0380.jpg
    IMAG0380.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 54
Kennylay said:
I didnt flamethrower stomp him, let him go easy about 500 feet away lol.

Kennylay said:
On another note I get home to see another damned tent moth caterpillar having lunch on my largest plant's largest leaf......

Bastard got me for a whole true leaf . Went straight for the stem too, no remorse.

Let's just say he won't be turning into a tent moth.

It sounds like the penalty is getting tougher.

Walchit said:
I just got this dog, my last one died on Christmas eve, and the kids were asking for a puppy. So I asked my buddy if I could just have this one. She's a Presa Canario. I used to breed them, but once I had kids they were less of a priority than the real babies.

attachicon.gif
20190311_154620.jpg
Really pretty, never heard of the breed but it looks like a pretty stout dog.   Sorry to hear about the lost one, always tough especially on the kids.

CaneDog said:

It sounds like the penalty is getting tougher.

I let about 10 or so go back to their home trees before i actually caught one feasting.  At least it died with a full belly. :D

Another day another leaf gone on my biggest plant.

Plant was covered in some mucus(can see it faintly in the pic) with the newest leaf barely hanging on at the base. I'm starting to wonder if something else is happening besides tent moth caterpillars.

This was the only plant affected as well.

Oh and I planted out, but I'm losing growth faster than I'm gaining it so incentive to post pictures has been low lately.

I know it's small but the setbacks are coming in daily now. I'll get some pics of the plant out up later today!!

Attachments

• received_405383356953260.jpeg
    received_405383356953260.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 54
Some photos of the plantout and progress pics of the rest.  Still have around 20 plants that need plant out, 10 have been full potted so far.

Fungus gnats are out in full force, and something is giving one of my 7pot choccys a hard time, but all is still well here in Florida.

Edit: 100th post Wooohooooo!!

2nd Edit: I have found the culprit, and the filmy liquid that was covering my plant, which i was handling and smelling lmaooooooooooooooooooooo------- was my dogs piss covering the entire side of the cloth pot, and just making it over the top to dribble on my plant.....  I swear ill kill the bastard :D :D :D  (piss plant is featured in the 2nd and 3rd photo, if you smell real hard you cant miss it.)

Attachments

• IMAG0392.jpg
    IMAG0392.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0391.jpg
    IMAG0391.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0390.jpg
    IMAG0390.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0389.jpg
    IMAG0389.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0387.jpg
    IMAG0387.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0385.jpg
    IMAG0385.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0384.jpg
    IMAG0384.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0381.jpg
    IMAG0381.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0382.jpg
    IMAG0382.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0383.jpg
    IMAG0383.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 57
100!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Lots of great stuff coming in now man , awesome to see eh!!

Forgot to put these up the other day

Here is 'Miss Shannon' Our Heeler/Collie cross...old girl now but the best behaved dog.

AdtcYHB.jpg

ultnl8t.jpg

And this big doofus is 'Darby'...the exact opposite of Shannon...She is loud..annoying..steals off the counter and gets into the trash, but is extremely protective of the family especially the kids.

FbZWIaC.jpg

Excluding last summer we had lost 2 dogs each of the 2 previous summers to old age, both of which were our babies until we have kids so it was pretty tough especially the first one. Won't be much easier once 'Miss Shannon' passes on and tbh she is not doing so great right now has not eaten much this past week, so we wonder if it is the beginning of the end type thing.

CDNmatt said:
100!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Lots of great stuff coming in now man , awesome to see eh!!

Forgot to put these up the other day

Here is 'Miss Shannon' Our Heeler/Collie cross...old girl now but the best behaved dog.

AdtcYHB.jpg

ultnl8t.jpg

And this big doofus is 'Darby'...the exact opposite of Shannon...She is loud..annoying..steals off the counter and gets into the trash, but is extremely protective of the family especially the kids.

FbZWIaC.jpg

Excluding last summer we had lost 2 dogs each of the 2 previous summers to old age, both of which were our babies until we have kids so it was pretty tough especially the first one. Won't be much easier once 'Miss Shannon' passes on and tbh she is not doing so great right now has not eaten much this past week, so we wonder if it is the beginning of the end type thing.

Holy CRAP that dog looks a ton like my Kratos.   And i hate to hear about you losing your dogs matt,  youre making me sad in a good way man....

I truly hope it goes as easily as those things can for your family.  Ive buried too many myself, and it never gets any easier.

And thanks for always puttin a little lightness in everyones threads, we need it here!!!

(you should read my edit as for news on my dog :D)

Kennylay said:

Holy CRAP that dog looks a ton like my Kratos.   And i hate to hear about you losing your dogs matt,  youre making me sad in a good way man....

I truly hope it goes as easily as those things can for your family.  Ive buried too many myself, and it never gets any easier.

And thanks for always puttin a little lightness in everyones threads, we need it here!!!

(you should read my edit as for news on my dog :D)

So speaking of pissing....think I may have when I read that edit...LOLS

Little bugger eh

Bunch of pics, some as old as the original pot up.

The piss plant expired sadly. And yesterday when I got home two plants had been dug up by something, one fatally. I'm guessing a stray cat from my nearby wood line. I also noticed small pin-holes popping up in the plant with the fly on it. Not sure the cause. I potted two plants into those empty planters, still at 10 full potted.

The aphids are already I'm town and have taken to destroying two of my extremely old lilys. We're sprayed with pyrethrin to pretty solid immediate effect.

(Can anyone tell me what the sawdust like material they leave behind is?)

Will be potting up at least 4 more plants today. Gave the full size ones a light feeding growth on them is looking great. Will post another progress dump on Tuesday.

Also featured is an order of some of Sawyer's candy. Stuff is hot and delicious, I highly recommend it. Also threw I'm some pretty nice seeds.

Attachments

• received_2223095511247547.jpeg
    received_2223095511247547.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 52
  • received_348686702413057.jpeg
    received_348686702413057.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 61
  • received_1002208450166894.jpeg
    received_1002208450166894.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0407.jpg
    IMAG0407.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0406.jpg
    IMAG0406.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0405.jpg
    IMAG0405.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMAG0404.jpg
    IMAG0404.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 67
  • received_413660476051148.jpeg
    received_413660476051148.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 61
I figured it was something they were leaving behind, Lily's are amazing for them because of the corn-like growth. 15 leaves stacked inside of each other within 4 inches. Just enough separation for them to crawl between. 100x better home than a pepper plant. The same design also holds insecticide rather well though, so we'll see how it all turns out.

Back