• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

BREAKFAST!!!

I was looking for a breakfast thread and never found one that seemed open-ended enough to post on. So here y'all go!

Posty up your breakfast if you like, even if it's cold leftover pizza.

No time for words? No problem. Show us your awesome yellowish cell phone camera pic. No obligation to write out a recipe here if you don't want to.

Forgot to take a picture until halfway through the meal? Perfect! Selfie photo-op.

Whoops! You made brunch instead? That's cool... it counts.

I'll go first with a take on a Cuban breakfast called Huevos Habaneros. It means Havana Eggs, but it's not made with Habaneros. In fact, it's not traditionally spicy hot. (Cuban meals typically aren't.) So, I had to SoFlo it up a bit and call it something different.

Huevos SoFlo

12696616545_24ec2f99e5_b.jpg

These are eggs baked over sofrito with butter on top in a custard cup for about 12 minutes at 375 F (yolks are still a bit runny). Then topped with more sofrito and garnished with some cayenne powder, but sofrito isn't spicy hot either. So...

Sofrito Caliente

(Enough for one serving)

1/4 cup chopped onion
1 Fresno pepper (cored and chopped)
1 green jalapeno (cored and chopped)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup peeled, cored, chopped tomato
olive oil for sauteing

Saute the onion and peppers till the onion is translucent. Then add the garlic and cumin for a minute more. Then toss in the tomato for another minute or two. Salt and black pepper to taste.

Do it up y'all!

Let's see what breaks your fast.

texas blues said:
HK thats a right proper pork breakfast burger!

But lemme' tell you what I really think it is though.

MONEY!

Thankyou sir! It's even inspired me to not wake up in time to grab the Maccas breakfast muffins. Mine is better :D 

That was yesterdays breakfast. Here is todays. The red potatoes were made with my own Italian seasoning, Joyner's dried pepper blend, Mediterranean sea salt, fresh garlic, Walla Walla sweet onion and the eggs have my habanero sauce on them. And with it was a Petes Espresso Major Dickensons blend from my mean machine with a glass of carrot juice. Not a bad way to kick-start the day !

Attachments

• breakfast delight.jpg
    breakfast delight.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 88
Well after 3 double shots of espresso and watering my plants I worked up an appetite. So I picked some fresh herbs from the garden and a serrano and came out with these potatoes and a 5 egg omelette. Needless to say its siesta time.......................

Attachments

• breakfast ingr.jpg
    breakfast ingr.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 77
  • breakfast results.jpg
    breakfast results.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 73
Hmmm.
Eggs cooked some way.
Coffee.
Some kind of pork.
Some concotion of spuds.
Toast or tortillas---sometimes both.
At minimum, my hot pepper salt. Every time.
At maximum, some of my salsa or sauce--or both-- some fresh, frozen or cooked peppers in or on one or more of the base.

Always a part of breakfy, but if eating out, I have to make do with whatever tabasco-ish stuff they provide.

A little while ago I was at the local global foods market and found these peppers called "fingerhots".  They were from Puerto Rico.  They look like a thin bumpy serrano and were about as hot as a hot jalapeno or mild serrano.  So I was feelin' good and had steak and eggs for breakfast.  Had a couple tomatillos in the fridge so I threw them into the fray.  The steak was rubbed in my steak seasoning of 1 part each black, green and pink peppercorns, 1/2 part coriander and a generous amount of sea salt. Cooked the steak first in olive oil and while it rested I cooked the fingerhots and tomatillos in the pan drippings. Added a couple eggs over-easy just for good measure.  Too bad I can't eat every breakfast like this!

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg

These all look delicious! 

I'll add my breakfast for dinner... Not spicy hashbrowns (with plenty of onion and butter...mmm), sliced Rose tomato, scrambled eggs with jalapeño and cheddar, pancake with dragon cayenne/cheddar/blueberries, and homemade dragon cayenne/cheddar biscuit. Not a great pic, but absolutely delicious:
66179_10202390768315945_8788477421982129943_n.jpg

What to do with Tostitos scoops left over from yesterday's farmer's market? I found they make great scrambled egg vehicles!
First, fry up sweet Italian peppers with African fatali peppers in oil and butter. Add eggs, jack cheese, S&P. Then spoon into Tostitos.  If I had thought of it, spooning some chorizo into the scoop first would have been even better.

2014-08-10 09.29.23.jpg

2014-08-10 09.33.48.jpg

2014-08-10 09.35.17.jpg

2014-08-10 09.39.46.jpg

Back