• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

BREAKFAST!!!

I was looking for a breakfast thread and never found one that seemed open-ended enough to post on. So here y'all go!

Posty up your breakfast if you like, even if it's cold leftover pizza.

No time for words? No problem. Show us your awesome yellowish cell phone camera pic. No obligation to write out a recipe here if you don't want to.

Forgot to take a picture until halfway through the meal? Perfect! Selfie photo-op.

Whoops! You made brunch instead? That's cool... it counts.

I'll go first with a take on a Cuban breakfast called Huevos Habaneros. It means Havana Eggs, but it's not made with Habaneros. In fact, it's not traditionally spicy hot. (Cuban meals typically aren't.) So, I had to SoFlo it up a bit and call it something different.

Huevos SoFlo

12696616545_24ec2f99e5_b.jpg

These are eggs baked over sofrito with butter on top in a custard cup for about 12 minutes at 375 F (yolks are still a bit runny). Then topped with more sofrito and garnished with some cayenne powder, but sofrito isn't spicy hot either. So...

Sofrito Caliente

(Enough for one serving)

1/4 cup chopped onion
1 Fresno pepper (cored and chopped)
1 green jalapeno (cored and chopped)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup peeled, cored, chopped tomato
olive oil for sauteing

Saute the onion and peppers till the onion is translucent. Then add the garlic and cumin for a minute more. Then toss in the tomato for another minute or two. Salt and black pepper to taste.

Do it up y'all!

Let's see what breaks your fast.

Add a coupla' fried plaintains and croquetta's and you're gettin' into Cubano brekky territory.

And now that I think of it, I'd like SoFlo to weigh in on what a real deal Cuban breakfast platter would look like.

Probably more awesome than most folks could handle.

Better start cubano brekky off with a mojito.

I could switch the potatoes with rice and add some pico on top then I am living in Central America! It lasted about 2 minutes before promptly fisted down my pie hole. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Scratch made black beans from last night, eggs my way, taters and some hot sausage. Gringo heaven!

Oh, and a TON of black pepper

10308095_10201791832261896_8897845692529910378_n.jpg
I'm a cracked black pepper freak. I have my eggs the same way but with more cracked pepper and some cracked pink Mediterranean sea salt from Costco .

Oh you sonuvabitch! I would cut your grass with nail trimmers for that plate of morning extasy (AMX).

You sir are the master of the queso. I'd put that sheeit on ever'thang.

Awe shucks Scovalingus.

I wish I could eat it more often but no.

Its fat on fat really.

Butter + heavy cream + cheese

I only get to have it every once in a while.

And its sooo worth the wait!

I don't prefer Tabasco brand sauce...but it is awesome on certain dishes. 
Breakfast (including sausage gravy) and Fried Catfish are my 2 favorite uses for it.

Looks great, TB. Now you can skip lunch! 

frydad4 said:
I don't prefer Tabasco brand sauce...but it is awesome on certain dishes. 
Breakfast (including sausage gravy) and Fried Catfish are my 2 favorite uses for it.
Looks great, TB. Now you can skip lunch! 

Trying to weed out stuff I don't use and Tabby was one of 'em and I killed the bottle.

And si senor it is good for a couple 'thangs.

Like eggs and queso.

The vinegar jolt goes well with the heavy queso and eggs I reckon.

I see no reason right now to go buy any Tabasco now though.

Not so with Tabby Green.

I always have a bottle or two on deck and backed up.

Thats my usual go to brekky sauce.

SumOfMyBits said:
Tabby Green is my Waffle House / IHOP favorite. I don't buy it just to make those occasions MORE special. jajaja

Your post makes me think of Roscoe's Chicken & Waffle's. 

And it makes me want it.

But I don't eat waffle's.

And I don't eat chicken.

Sum you bastige!!!!

Back