• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

BREAKFAST!!!

I was looking for a breakfast thread and never found one that seemed open-ended enough to post on. So here y'all go!

Posty up your breakfast if you like, even if it's cold leftover pizza.

No time for words? No problem. Show us your awesome yellowish cell phone camera pic. No obligation to write out a recipe here if you don't want to.

Forgot to take a picture until halfway through the meal? Perfect! Selfie photo-op.

Whoops! You made brunch instead? That's cool... it counts.

I'll go first with a take on a Cuban breakfast called Huevos Habaneros. It means Havana Eggs, but it's not made with Habaneros. In fact, it's not traditionally spicy hot. (Cuban meals typically aren't.) So, I had to SoFlo it up a bit and call it something different.

Huevos SoFlo

12696616545_24ec2f99e5_b.jpg

These are eggs baked over sofrito with butter on top in a custard cup for about 12 minutes at 375 F (yolks are still a bit runny). Then topped with more sofrito and garnished with some cayenne powder, but sofrito isn't spicy hot either. So...

Sofrito Caliente

(Enough for one serving)

1/4 cup chopped onion
1 Fresno pepper (cored and chopped)
1 green jalapeno (cored and chopped)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup peeled, cored, chopped tomato
olive oil for sauteing

Saute the onion and peppers till the onion is translucent. Then add the garlic and cumin for a minute more. Then toss in the tomato for another minute or two. Salt and black pepper to taste.

Do it up y'all!

Let's see what breaks your fast.

My all time FAVORITE breakfast. I included TB's post to prove this wasn't one of the other 347 Chorizo con Juevos breakfast posts I've made. LOL

And I lavishly dowsed it with Red Savina Powder. It was flippin :hot:

Potatoes, Garlic, ½ White Onion, 4 fresh Jalapeños, ½ Cup Pickled peños (pureed with all of the juice, onions and carrots), 1 can Diced Tomatoes, Corn Tortillas, Poached Eggs, Tillamook Cheddar, Green Onions, Avocados and I dusted the eggs with Scotch Bonnet Powder. CJ had hers with Sour Cream.

BOOM.

:BOLD:

View attachment 10020

View attachment 10018

View attachment 10022

View attachment 10019

View attachment 10017

View attachment 10024

View attachment 10021

View attachment 10015

View attachment 10016

View attachment 10023

Chit yeah mang!

I don't get to eat it much but chorizo, tate's n' ayg's are hot blue and righteous.

With the scheeze, avo, and comal'd tore tillah's...have mercy!

That looks like Tex-Mex.

Scooby you sure you ain't a Texan?

Goodern' hell!

I'll take that as high praise Sir TB. :cheers:

I think, since Mexico seceded from Texas in 1836, and my grand parents were born in Mexico, and I was adopted by my Mexican mother, by proxy, I must be part Texan? :rofl:

Hanks Chorizo is the second best I have ever had. Second only to my dear grandmother's. RIP.

This kind of breakfast is ONLY served on Sundays. There is no way in tarnation I could go to work after eating that.

I already knew you had some Mejico in you.

The comida you cook qualifies.

And I know what you mean on the chorizo "overload".

I done did that many times.

I'm a Bohunk gypsy and was raised on hot colbasse and chorizo is right in there on my Texican DNA.

Wait.

I just had an epiphany.

Chorizo stuffed cabbage.

Have mercy.

I might have to make that.

Hey y'all.

Broke out ye olde egg steamer of unfertilized chicken non fetus's.

Did up some brekky muffins with ranch, cheddar, sriracha, chix fetus' and fresh cracked black pepper.

Don't look Geeme!

The innard's were a little slippery so had to put the kung fu grip on it.

Sometimes eating the dead unborn tastes real guud!

Now posty up some brekky y'all!

Sum mojoficatin' SoFlo.

I reckon them be goodern' hell eats for what you're fixin' to do later.

Drinkin' cold hoskey for cheapness.

I want that for brekky. And lunch. And dinner. And midnight snack!

Hm. Sum must be visiting with JHP. Square white plate at an angle, similar countertop….. Oh, but sunlight, so maybe not.

Back