• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Brian2112 2011 Apartment growing update

Looking good Brian! I'm growing alot of the same plants you are. Mine are just now going to bloom. I'm excited to see the Super chile mature, I've got 2 going this year. Seems like you probably have a little longer/earlier season than I do. When Did you start these bad boys?

Beautiful! Did you try a Tabasco yet?
Thanks!
No I haven't tried one yet, I will tonight and I'll let you know how it was. I tried a ripe black prince though.... It's not to good at all... Lots of seeds, but the little buger packed some heat, it had a tongue and lip burn that lasted a while!

Looking good Brian! I'm growing alot of the same plants you are. Mine are just now going to bloom. I'm excited to see the Super chile mature, I've got 2 going this year. Seems like you probably have a little longer/earlier season than I do. When Did you start these bad boys?
Thanks alot!
I think I started some in December indoors under my lights..

Awesome, I just found my first Superhot pod of the season!
Naga Morich
IMG_0313.jpg

But this is not awesome........... darn aphids....
IMG_0314.jpg

Thanks!
No I haven't tried one yet, I will tonight and I'll let you know how it was. I tried a ripe black prince though.... It's not to good at all... Lots of seeds, but the little buger packed some heat, it had a tongue and lip burn that lasted a while!

Several chile heads I know actually prefer Tabasco at that greenish-white stage; they say the "semi-ripe" peppers have more flavor and heat. I like them best when they're red and juicy.

The Black Princes are some seedy little guys. I think maybe the black ones taste a little better than the red ones, but they truly seem like they're best just to look at.

But this is not awesome........... darn aphids....

Whoa, that's a lot of them. I've had real good luck with Malathion on those: 2 tablespoons of concentrate per gallon of water.

Several chile heads I know actually prefer Tabasco at that greenish-white stage; they say the "semi-ripe" peppers have more flavor and heat. I like them best when they're red and juicy.

The Black Princes are some seedy little guys. I think maybe the black ones taste a little better than the red ones, but they truly seem like they're best just to look at.

Whoa, that's a lot of them. I've had real good luck with Malathion on those: 2 tablespoons of concentrate per gallon of water.
Well I ate a Tabasco semi-ripe and I loved the flavor and it was pretty darn hott!
What common store could I by the Malathion from ?
Thanks

Well I ate a Tabasco semi-ripe and I loved the flavor and it was pretty darn hott!
What common store could I by the Malathion from ?
Thanks

I love Tabasco. A little fire nugget that goes Blam! in your mouth. A robust, straightforward little chile with a real distinctive flavor, but not the complexity or the creeping burn of C. chinense. A welcome change sometimes...And the plants really thrive in the hostile environment of the Louisiana summer. I would grow a full row every season, except this year I had bad seeds.

I get Malathion at Lowe's. But probably Wal-Mart or any farm supply would have it.

Awesome, yeah everyone said that Tabasco powder is good, so I think I might dry some when they ripen..
Ohh and I found some Malathion at home depot so I'll mix some up when I get off of work.

I agree with the ladybird comment, i found a couple in ym back yard, i think of them as my my guard bugs!! :) Nice looking plants though, good luck with the aphid situation.

Did you have that big storm last night? It blew over about a dozen container plants I had on the patio, and laid over some tomato plants that were properly staked in the ground. Everybody is stood back up and okay I believe, and they are loving the fresh rain water (about one inch or so).

Did you have that big storm last night? It blew over about a dozen container plants I had on the patio, and laid over some tomato plants that were properly staked in the ground. Everybody is stood back up and okay I believe, and they are loving the fresh rain water (about one inch or so).

No, we didn't have that big storm..
But I'm glad that all of your plants are doing alright!

Back