• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Brisket, beer can chicken & deer sausage

nice work generally the 170-180 range is the sticking point - 11 hrs is pretty quick for that brisket to hit 205 but I cant argue with the pictures and the look of it - and +100 for PMD'ing the sauce  :onfire:

**edit** my bad I pulled a THP - I thought I read 2hrs in the oven - I take it back on how fast it went

LUCKYDOG said:
nice work generally the 170-180 range is the sticking point - 11 hrs is pretty quick for that brisket to hit 205 but I cant argue with the pictures and the look of it - and +100 for PMD'ing the sauce  :onfire:

**edit** my bad I pulled a THP - I thought I read 2hrs in the oven - I take it back on how fast it went

Yep, in the smoker for 9 hrs (from 11 am til 8pm) then I didn't pull it from the oven til about 12:30 at night. It was 14.5lbs prior to trimming and I probably cut off about 2-3lbs of fat. So total cook time was ~ 13hrs. 

I think I've given up on trying to do them & eat them in one day, it's so much less stressful to cook one up on saturday then eat it sunday for lunch. Don't have to try and rush anything & the meat can take as long as it pleases to finish cooking.

so true - Anything over 8lbs - Im too tired and stressed like you said to try especially trying to get it out for a party or picnic it never co-operates. A small flat is nice for the my wife and myself and to get that brisket monkey off my back. I LOVE brisket

Back