• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

fermenting Buddy's Ferments - 2016 Season Has Started

Here they are . . . not sure how they will end up, but it looks like they are all off to a good start:

DSC_1081.JPG

DSC_1083.JPG

DSC_1084.JPG

DSC_1085.JPG

DSC_1086.JPG

DSC_1087.JPG

DSC_1088.JPG

I am really interested in seeing how that white sauce looks at the end.  

I think this thread has been the temptation I needed to see what I'm missing by not fermenting my sauces.  

Thank you for the inspiration.

Vicious Vex said:
I am really interested in seeing how that white sauce looks at the end.  

I think this thread has been the temptation I needed to see what I'm missing by not fermenting my sauces.  

Thank you for the inspiration.
I'll post pictures through the process on this one . . . this is my 1st white ferment.

Flushed #22 (Orange Rocoto, Cubanelle, Onion, Carrot, Garlic) - no matter what adjustments I made I couldn't get it to taste right.

Processed #23.  Quite happy with this one.  Medium heat but very tasty.  Added some allspice, ginger, and nutmeg (and threw in a cinnamon stick for a while) when cooking.  A nice, all purpose hot sauce.  Probably best on fish and/or chicken.  pH = 3.4

DSC_0360.JPG

Really digging on fermenting hot sauces.  Processed this one last night - quite nice, not super hot but very flavorful.  Made quite a few adjustments (spices, etc.) before bottling.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif DSC_0373.JPG

What kind of spice did you use for that sauce?

Back