• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting Buddy's Ferments - 2016 Season Has Started

Here they are . . . not sure how they will end up, but it looks like they are all off to a good start:

DSC_1081.JPG

DSC_1083.JPG

DSC_1084.JPG

DSC_1085.JPG

DSC_1086.JPG

DSC_1087.JPG

DSC_1088.JPG

Really nice ferments there Buddy.  I'm not sure I can go back to non ferment sauces after popping my first one a few weeks ago.  #10 is right up my alley.  Making another batch of kimchi today, but its not the same as a big bright chilli ferment..  :mope: Curse you winter!

Processed all of the ferments:

#13:  Red Jalapeno, Garlic (this one is wonderful)
DSC_0849.JPG

#15:  Thai Peppers, Garlic, Toasted Cumin, Onion, Ginger (could be my favorite):
DSC_0852.JPG

#16:  Yellow Bouquet, Onion, Garlic, Toasted Cumin (if #15 isn't my favorite then this one may be):
DSC_0847.JPG

#17:  Red Jalapeno, Smoked Moruga Puree, Onion, Garlic  (very tasty . . . nice hint of smoke):
DSC_0858.JPG

Thanks for looking and many thanks to all that have helped me along my ferment journey!

TJP

Beautiful just beautiful. Thank you for sharing the process and the amazing pics. You've had my mouth watering on more than one occasion at the sight and sound of some of your creations. Seriously jealous of the few extremely lucky people that have had the chance to taste the goodies you make. I hope you share many more pics of your future ferments, sauces and other goodies. You seem to have a real great taste when it comes to combining ingredients

#13 calls to me.  This batch looks just as good as some of the first round of ferments I got lucky enough to taste.  Real good knack for ingredient combinations you've got there Buddy.  I'm continuously amazed at the quality of your content around here.  :)

I did not have good experiences fermenting fruits. I don't like the taste of fermented fruit. I prefer fermented peppers, onion and carrot maybe. So I add garlic and fruit  when cooking.

Fruits fermented add very strange flavor to the sauces. Seem like rubber flavor or something... I don't like

I made sauces with pineapple, mango and papaya fermented... None liked to me

Back