• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

I love the No Mayo Disclaimer  , with Aioli waterfalls cascading off of it..   :rofl:   plus I wanna know what you do with all the bottom of the buns. ??? lol..   It took me awhile to notice you double top bun most of your burgs.     pro trick there.. 

I double top on the regular, only using the bottom half as a middle layer in a stacker (and shaving off the crust from it is key) ... mostly the buns go stale too fast anyways, so why shouldn't I have sesame seeds top and bottom? LOL ...

Nice burger Booma, and LOL at saying no mayo, w/ an aioli ...

Booma said:
Couldn't stop thinking about mayo, so I made a burger......

NO MAYO

But

Triple patty
Triple Gouda and Swiss cheese
Lots of Bacon
Aioli, mustard, hot sauce, jalapeños and habaneros

that looks A-MAZING. One must be a snake to consume this burger lol

Elk Burgers smoked over cherry

Smoked bacon, mushrooms and onions

Spicy aoli

Not overly impressed with the elk, texture left a lot to be desired. Was very gummy before and after cook. Maybe it was a shitty batch I dunno. Smell was a bit to get over as well. Didn't really taste like it smelled raw but left a mental impression that left a lot to be desired. No where near as good as the boar burgers. 

D3monic said:
I'd be lying if I said either of us finished our burgers.
Wow. Where did you get the elk? I find elk meat to be very mild. Hardly any gamey taste at all. I haven't had it very many times though.

Moose is my favorite game meat for burgers. The best I've had was at pow wows in Canada. Moose burgers on Bannock (native fry bread). Mmmmm!

muskymojo said:
Wow. Where did you get the elk? I find elk meat to be very mild. Hardly any gamey taste at all. I haven't had it very many times though.

Moose is my favorite game meat for burgers. The best I've had was at pow wows in Canada. Moose burgers on Bannock (native fry bread). Mmmmm!

Same grocery store and brand I get the boar from. They source it from multiple places. Boar is trapped in texas and elk is "free range" in new zealand. Dog really liked it though, got his ass beat twice for digging into the garbage can even though wife gave them the rest of hers. Finally just had to take out trash because he wouldn't give up. 

My dad stands by elk claiming it was the best steak he's ever had. I love deer (though never had it ground) so it's not like i'm a stranger to venison. 

This tasted like funk and disappointment. 

D3monic said:
Same grocery store and brand I get the boar from. They source it from multiple places. Boar is trapped in texas and elk is "free range" in new zealand. Dog really liked it though, got his ass beat twice for digging into the garbage can even though wife gave them the rest of hers. Finally just had to take out trash because he wouldn't give up. 

My dad stands by elk claiming it was the best steak he's ever had. I love deer (though never had it ground) so it's not like i'm a stranger to venison. 
This tasted like funk and disappointment.
Something wasn't right with it then. Or maybe they are just that different from new zealand? I think most would agree that elk is milder tasting than venison. I know some people that won't eat venison, but like elk. I love venison.

muskymojo said:
Something wasn't right with it then. Or maybe they are just that different from new zealand? I think most would agree that elk is milder tasting than venison. I know some people that won't eat venison, but like elk. I love venison.

Yea that's what i'm hoping. As long as I don't get the shits. 

My dad use to go elk hunting in idaho every year. He has brought back 2 elk, but i'm not really a fan. I get the whole gamey taste, I enjoy venison sometimes, but for some reason elk always tasted really fishy to me, especially the strip steaks. Definitely a bigger fan of the moose my mom bagged in newfoundland and buffalo for that matter 

D3monic said:
Elk Burgers smoked over cherry

Smoked bacon, mushrooms and onions

Spicy aoli

Not overly impressed with the elk, texture left a lot to be desired. Was very gummy before and after cook. Maybe it was a shitty batch I dunno. Smell was a bit to get over as well. Didn't really taste like it smelled raw but left a mental impression that left a lot to be desired. No where near as good as the boar burgers. 
I almost had a heart attack just looking at that beast!! looks unreal

Got dang'.

I said GOT DANG!

I am a whore for blue scheeze on any cooked beef.

I'd offer to buy that pita 'thang drinks and proposition it with whisperings of deviant gourmet behavior.

Come n' talk teh Teddy Bear.

I was just talking about Greek burgers with wine shrooms and pita and here's someone from Greece posting just what I talked about (except blue not feta). That thing looks fantastic! 

Smoked some stuffed burgers and bacon over some applewood.

Stuffed with mozzarella bolsa de dulce and bahamian goat too. 

Served on a bed of lettuce with thin sliced red onion, the bacon, avocado, large orange thai, Stone ground mustard, thick sliced pickle answeet vidalia onion dressing on the side. Brussels sprouts with sea salt and kerrigold butter. 

Dressing was really good on it. It's a new favorite of mine. I brought more fixins to work with me to have for dinner around 1-2 am

Back