• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat ButchT is the hottest

Thanks Butch, save some room for the seeds that are on the way to you! My plant has roughly 80 pods on it at the moment and they are taking ages to ripen as the cooler weather moves in, it's kind of nice waiting though.

My plan is to wait until all the pods are ripe and then cut all the foliage off for overwintering leaving the pods on, should make for an interesting photo.

Look at it now, it's even happier! :D

2011-04-07065614.jpg

holy pepper trees batman!!!

Hi Nova

I bought some Trinidad scorpion seeds from you this year, are they the butch ones you are all talking about. Could be a hot summer here on the island.

Cheers
Dazza

Hi Nova

I bought some Trinidad scorpion seeds from you this year, are they the butch ones you are all talking about. Could be a hot summer here on the island.

Cheers
Dazza

Hey mate, you bought them off Neil not me. I can tell you that they would be the same seeds though, he doesn't sell any other scorps unless you ask for them by name.Like T.S. Morouga etc etc.

Omri's on the ball!

sorry about that got mixed up. Thanks for the info. All the guys down my local will be pleased to hear that they are the butch t.
We are growing one in the window as like a pet for the pub!!

Cheers again

Daz

Hey mate, you bought them off Neil not me. I can tell you that they would be the same seeds though, he doesn't sell any other scorps unless you ask for them by name.Like T.S. Morouga etc etc.

Omri's on the ball!

Omri's on the ball!

so given that logic the scorpion seeds i bought two years ago from neil are indeed Butch T's since i dident specify a type?

It has begun. Heres a link to a story by the Sydney Morning Herald.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/for-fire-eaters-only-these-chillies-bite-back-20110411-1db4i.html

Mojo sent me ButchT flakes awhile back...forgot abt them mostly. After the annoucement they were dug out :dance:

Now Justaguy thinks I tried to kill him and his son and 4 guys at work won`t or can`t talk to me :rofl:

But I love the pain. I hope they pop at some point before plant out in 4 weeks. I figure anything that hooks and straightens out has a 3-4 week head start over direct seed plant around here. Seed that germinate in the house in a week will take 2-3weeks outside in April temps.

I just read this article today, not sure if it has been posted on here yet. link below.

Link

Atricle about how the Butch T tops out at 1.46 million, but is contested.

paris-hilton-thats%20hot-shirt.jpg

Although peppers like this are cool, and I like that they are working on new strains (like the naga viper), its my opinion the bhut is kinda getting ripped off. When the bhut became the hottest, it was vigorously tested by different pods and different plants. From my understanding, the "average" heat was a bit over 1,000,000 meaning some were even hotter. Peppers like this one and the viper from what I understand were basically tested with a pod or two and claimed the title (in the case of the viper). I am not sure why the testing is becoming lest stringent but imo..until the others are tested in the same manner, the bhut still holds the heat record.

Although peppers like this are cool, and I like that they are working on new strains (like the naga viper), its my opinion the bhut is kinda getting ripped off. When the bhut became the hottest, it was vigorously tested by different pods and different plants. From my understanding, the "average" heat was a bit over 1,000,000 meaning some were even hotter. Peppers like this one and the viper from what I understand were basically tested with a pod or two and claimed the title (in the case of the viper). I am not sure why the testing is becoming lest stringent but imo..until the others are tested in the same manner, the bhut still holds the heat record.

The Butch T is a stable strain and the "Naga Viper" is probably just a fluke.

Back