• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Can you eat a Habanero straight??

Necrocannibal said:
Hixs I ate one of the Carribean Reds you sent and let me tell you, an Orange Hab isnt even in the ame league as that pepper. That was a hot SOB.

Oh, yeah they are. My reds burn for a good solid 25-35 minutes easy. I've never had anything torch me like that for such a long time. I absolutely love 'em for that!

I've had a whole choc hab, orange hab, red hab, goats weed & Tabasco.

Not saying i really enjoyed any of them, but hey, i have to prove myself to you all some how.

*looks on youtube and finds 0 videos uploaded for moyboy*

Dam no proof. Bugger.....:P

The most painful had to be the goatsweed. If i can get any going this year i will send some to neil.

I have Bhut, Bih and Naga Morich growing this season so in a few months i will have done the lot, and the thought of that has me truly shaking at the knees...:lol:

I will have to say I do prefer makign stuff with peppers than just eating 'em raw. But mincing up a whole orange hab into a bit of onion, pickle and mayo just rocks on a sandwich. I do that daily. :)

I like layering flavors..like putting diced habs with NagaSav and garlic..that's a great flavor/heat combo.

I do enjoy the flavors and rush from just munching on a stoopidly hot pepper though. Gotta eat your veggies eh?

Well glad to hear it necro,, Hate to think I let you down.As for your post on scorps,,,I`ll post mine in the next 48 hrs as a comparison being as their all siblings.Let me know if you need more any time soon.Have a good one.By the way the lil purple ones are so much nicer on the after burners. LOL

I was able to eat half of one. I'll be doing more soon.

I was floored by the flavor of the orange hab. Like nothing I'd even eaten before. Its not like I've had many peppers though.

When you cut up a orange hab on a sandwich is the heat diminished at all? The flavor still powerful?

I know I should try but I figured I'd ask.

skealo said:
I was floored by the flavor of the orange hab. Like nothing I'd even eaten before. Its not like I've had many peppers though.

When you cut up a orange hab on a sandwich is the heat diminished at all? The flavor still powerful?

the flavor & heat stays, unless theres other ingredients in the sandwich to mellow the heat out, like cheese or maybe some type of sauce like mayo or ? if you put sauce on your sandwiches (not hot sauce)

try caribbean reds, now those have a better flavor & heat vs a orange hab, IMO

Well I put two Orange Habs in a sandwich with cheese spread, lettuce, tomato and a bit of pickle, or in a sandwich with ham, salsa, lettuce and cucumber and just add salad cream/mayonnaise to it and it's not too hot then.

chilehunter said:
try caribbean reds, now those have a better flavor & heat vs a orange hab, IMO

That makes a couple times that I've heard the Red Habs taste better. I'll hopefully be growing them next year If I get some seeds.

I think I'm going to try the sandwich with a orange hab.

I just ate my first fresh picked orange hab whole and have to say... I got myself all worked up for nothing. It was hot and I think may even have had a tiny bit of flush in the face from it but I didn't find it all that bad.

It was tasty too.

The hab taste is very powerful though. I personally really think this thing needs to be used in grilling. Grilled meats and habs must be awesome. Tomorrow I find out :)

Well, some are hotter than others, even on the same plant. ;)
I'm gona grow seeds from my EBIL Habs..and fry every1. They are stoopid hot.

rainbowberry said:
Well I put two Orange Habs in a sandwich with cheese spread, lettuce, tomato and a bit of pickle, or in a sandwich with ham, salsa, lettuce and cucumber and just add salad cream/mayonnaise to it and it's not too hot then.

tried your way and i love a cheese/salad sandwich..and even with some really sharp cheese..oo they where hotter than id remember and yes a glass of milk was gotten out :lol:

One day you'll feel the urge to or not. You'll see, it definitely doesn't make you a better or worse man, don't worry!

YOUCH!

Last night I made up something I thought I could handle - I was wrong.
I took 12 Carribean red habs, cut them in half, stuffed them with cheddar, then wrapped them in bacon and grilled them.
I thought I was gonna have to go to the hospital. I could only eat one.
:mouthonfire:I will post pics later.

At least you gave it a try! See it that way and it'll be easier to take! :)

I'm not too sure if I'd want to have a dozen habs for dinner so R-E-S-P-E-C-T for trying!

Back