wanted Canadian seed train P.R.O.J.E.C.T. ROUND 4 (looking for more members)

I received seeds today! I'm in the process of sorting them out.... It was quite messy in the enveloppe. I'm making a list of all the peppers, put all doubles (separated) in one bag etc... Trust me guys, we all have a hell of a good headstart! New simple rule has been added a the bottom of the rules page hahaha. When this rule will be executed as a comment in this thread, we will be ready to start this adventure together!

Assuming I'm completely unfamiliar with the concept of a seed train, what would be needed?

Are they just being sent through regular post? What does it cost per sending? As long as I put in more than I take out, is it ok that I'm a small-time setup? 20 plants active right now.

With the cold coming, I don't think I'm actually going to have any viable seeds from my plants by the time this gets going. Can I throw in leftover seeds that I purchased and grew my current plants from? Can I be in for a single cycle of the train then only rejoin the next cycle if it looks like I have room for more, or are you looking for this to go around and around with the same group of people?

Hey wulf! The concept is simple : you receive seeds, you take what you need (lets's say 10) and put back at least 50% more seeds than what you took (in that case, 15). And that, for the first round. I grow 23 plants myself so I guess it's ok to be a small-time grower .

The shipping cost between 8 and 10$, in a standard bubbled, big brown enveloppe (8 1/2 / 11). You can put any kind of seed you want, as long as you identify them properly (open air pollinated or isolated / year of harvest / the name of the pepper, etc. ) Just make sure to put the seeds in a small baggie.

You can join in for a round if you like (with all the seeds aleready available, I don't think that too many rounds will be necessary, unless more and more people join in).

The more people in this, the more varieties available. Plus, it keeps a good rotation of the seeds regarding freshness/viable seeds.

Hope it helps you.

Marc

Ok folks are you ready? I will start sending on monday, august 20th! In that order :

allaKAZAAM R
Zenpepper R
halleluhia habanero R
fireface R
pwmcustom R
bushwhackxj R
marclocas R
Have your seeds packed, properely labled, the train is getting warmed up! Please remember that the shipping cost is around 10$ and to speed things up, try to send the package within 48 hours after receiving it! Are you ready?

...errr...that is "allaKAZAAM"...
LOL...
Mark

I guess you understood haha
It should be there tomorrow. The shipping costs 9,50$ or something near, for a 1 day shipping. Theese prices are at the post office. It seems that it's WAY more efficient than just mailing it in the postal box.... Maybe more expensive, but way faster (1 day) and there is a tracking code included.....

Here is the tracking # for the first sent : 0103 4130 0016 6700

Just go there : http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/default.jsf?LOCALE=en and you will easily see where to enter the number. Anyone exited or it's just me?

@allaKAZAAM, be sure to contact the next person on the list, so you can mail him the seeds in 48 postal hours delay!

And everybody, make sure to post on this topic when you receive, and when yoy send to the next person! It will be easier for everybody!

Got yah marclocas!

...yes, I am anxious to see what will be there for me...
BUT!
Looking forward to the second round, since there will be that much more to choose from! :party: !

Mark

Back