wanted Canadian seed train P.R.O.J.E.C.T. ROUND 4 (looking for more members)

First off...
HOLY :dance: CR@P!!!!!!
Received today and will send off tomorrow...
Was not expecting that kind of selection right off the start!
Anyway, put in 375+ Seeds and took 250 of assorted ones.
I have written on the baggie of each of my contributions the name and if it is "OP" or "IP", with the date of seed harvest if possible.
Anyway, wait til you all see whats in there!
Sending to you ZenPepper... :P

Mark

First off...
I have written on the baggie of each of my contributions the name and if it is "OP" or "IP", with the date of seed harvest if possible.

Mark
damn! I may only have 70 seeds in total 6 varieties, ill get 50 seeds on the train and put all my seeds in exchange.. :D im an absolute noob!

zenpepper you wanna drive and drop off the seeds to my place? and lets do some pod test? youll save shipping cost. we are neighbors! :dance:

First off...

Mark

Would that be possible for you to write down what you add on the pepper list I made in each bag please?

damn! I may only have 70 seeds in total 6 varieties, ill get 50 seeds on the train and put all my seeds in exchange.. :D im an absolute noob!

zenpepper you wanna drive and drop off the seeds to my place? and lets do some pod test? youll save shipping cost. we are neighbors! :dance:

Anyways, do you really need more than 50 seeds? Hahaha

Invite your canadian growers friends today! This seed bank , maybe could be the most impressive seed collection ever known to mankind!

Would that be possible for you to write down what you add on the pepper list I made in each bag please?

Hey Marc,
I didn't add any to the existing bags. I made my own bag with my name/date and round #1 on it (this way I know what I have added in this round and what people have taken, from said bag).
Each seed bag is individually marked too!
But if you want me to add in a paper list, I can do that also.

Mark

OH! If you cannot find the seeds you want in the bag marked #1, they will be in the #2 OR the #3 bag...
I thought I had taken the last seeds from bag #1, but then found a lot more in the other bags! So there are LOTS to go around!

Glad you enjoyed the seeds :)... to think when we started the train we had 13 different varieties and after 2 rounds we had over 120+. Glad to pass them onto another train.

Hey!
Just sent the package out!
Tracking number:
0101 1550 0028 4757

Hope you enjoy ZenPepper!!!

...and a H-U-G-E thank you to you marclocas AND qbvbsite!!!

Mark

Hey Marc,
I didn't add any to the existing bags. I made my own bag with my name/date and round #1 on it (this way I know what I have added in this round and what people have taken, from said bag).
Each seed bag is individually marked too!
But if you want me to add in a paper list, I can do that also.

Mark

OH! If you cannot find the seeds you want in the bag marked #1, they will be in the #2 OR the #3 bag...
I thought I had taken the last seeds from bag #1, but then found a lot more in the other bags! So there are LOTS to go around!

If it's not too late, maybe it could be a good idea to put another paper list (so it's easier for everybody to see the seeds available in a blink of an eye) but not necessary, just to be practical. Told you there was a lot of seeds hahaha!

hahaha too late I guess! Maybe Zenpepper could do it!

Hey!
Just sent the package out!
Tracking number:
0101 1550 0028 4757

Hope you enjoy ZenPepper!!!

...and a H-U-G-E thank you to you marclocas AND qbvbsite!!!

Mark

How much did it cost you for shipping? At this rate of time, we will almost have to slow down after round 1 before continuing round 2! So the peppers we aleready have ,have time to rippen, so we can collect seeds and dry'em out! What do you think?

Hey all...
First: as to the cost, I have a "VENTURE 1" with Canada Post (for small business). So I get a reduction in my shipping costs in Canada & USA. so was almost $8.40 (next day delivery).

As to Round 2...you can hold off if you feel that needs to be done. YOU are the Conductor, so it is up to you.

Though I do have a suggestion for round 2...seeing how the last people are in BC and then have to send ALL the way back to you in Quebec Marc (it may cost more for them to ship all the way back). May I suggest that you organize round 2, so that it goes across and back in a way that everyone's cost is as equal as possible?
Sorta like this...

marclocas--->ZenPepper--->Fireface--->bushwhackxj--->pwmcustom--->Peterjack--->halleluhia--->allaKAZAAM--->marclocas

This way everyone gets closer shipping costs!??? As we get others interested in joing up, we fit them in like this to. So eventually the cost is minimal to all.
Just a suggestion.

Also, DOH!
Forgot to write down the ones I added in. But I think this is them (added 9 varieties):
  1. Bird's Eye (Thai)
  2. Cherry Bomb
  3. NUMEX Big Jim
  4. SUPER HOT Mix bag (dunno whats in it, but all :onfire: !)
  5. Kung Pao
  6. Jalepeno
  7. Anaheim
  8. Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
  9. Pasilla
I wish I had A LOT more to give, but that was all at this time. More drying seeds when the package arrived.

Anyway, you ALL enjoy!
Mark

We held the package for a few months after round 1 was complete.

Good idea, so more people can join in! It's too late anyways to sow any seeds outside for this season... And a general question : in witch month do you start your seeds indoor for best results?

Question for yah qbvbsite...
I will be moving to Moosonee Ontario in September. Wanted to know how well your outdoor growing season was there in North Bay? Did you start your chillies very early/overwinter them? I figure once I get settled in (about middle of October), I will start some seeds and get them going, then clone'em once they big enough.
Because I AM SURE, that Moosonee's outdoor growing season is short!
Figure that cloning and overwintering is best way to go for my situation.
Thanks,
Mark

And a general question : in witch month do you start your seeds indoor for best results?

LOL...just posted almost right after marclocas did!

I would be down with a hold on round two for sure. I've got so many peppers unripe on my plants whose seeds I would like to contribute. I made up a bag to add to the train and I've got 6 varieties ready right now, will probably have double that in 2 months.

Ps I start my superhots now and grow them indoors on the windowsill over the winter. I start annums and baccums in early January and they are huge by may long weekend

Question for yah qbvbsite...
I will be moving to Moosonee Ontario in September. Wanted to know how well your outdoor growing season was there in North Bay? Did you start your chillies very early/overwinter them? I figure once I get settled in (about middle of October), I will start some seeds and get them going, then clone'em once they big enough.
Because I AM SURE, that Moosonee's outdoor growing season is short!
Figure that cloning and overwintering is best way to go for my situation.
Thanks,
Mark

I'm starting my seeds in Early Feb/Mid Feb because you got maybe 3 good months of summer weather. I did super hots on year and start in April and I only really had 10 pods per plants... so 2 more months indoors should do the trick. For Moosonee I would start early Feb for sure.

Thanks!
Will actually start in October'ish...
Want to get some seed germination (heard it is not easy to get the Super Hots to germinate). So once I get say 2-4 growing. Will grow out and then clone for about 10-20 plants.
Seems my best way to get a lot faster.
Mark

Got the package today!! great stuff, I added about 500+ seeds, about 8 kinds of pepper! I took out about 200 seeds! who is the next guy on the list?

Yeah I'm up next! cant wait to have a look at the varieties.
I'm in for holding it for a bit as well, a good few of my peppers still need to ripen and I dont want to miss out now.

The next person to receive is peterjack! Please read the first page for the order. And please, be ready to ask the next person their adress, so we can eliminate any waste of time.

See rule number 5...... 1) A list gets created with the Names of the forum members who joined the train .
2) You receive the parcel in the mail from the previous member on the list.
3) You take some seeds from the parcel that you want.
4) For the first round, you put 50% more of your spare seeds (than you take) into the parcel (labeled properly) (so if you take 100 seeds you have to put back 150 seeds).
4.5) 50% more is not absolutely necessary but the idea is to grow the seed bank, not to depreciate it. The minimum asked is to at least put back the same amount of seeds taken.
5) You message the next person in the list (PM) for their address (give them 2-3-4 days to respond, then move onto the next person in the list)
6) Send the parcel to the next person on the list.

Back