wanted Canadian seed train P.R.O.J.E.C.T. ROUND 4 (looking for more members)

OK.  Regardless of whether or not I receive the Jamaican seeds tomorrow, I'll send the seed train on to Penny, tomorrow.

AaronRiot said:
Hey,

So I'm just putting together baggies of seed. What do people generally put in as far as #s go? Enough for everyone to take 5? 10? 20? There are a few cool strains that I got in trades that I only have a few to spare but otherwise I will try to make sure there is enough for everyone to take at least ten.

Is there any etiquette here when there is a bag with just a few seeds left of any particular variety?

Yeah I'm good to go to, but I have a few MOA's already...
Hello!
There is no definite minimum OR maximum amount you can put in each bag. Though it would be better to spare as many as you can.
So if you can only spare 5 from one variety, then that is all there is in the Seed Train.
Just know that there are A LOT of varieties from the previous rounds in there, both hybrids and species.
Mark

AaronRiot said:
Hey,

So I'm just putting together baggies of seed. What do people generally put in as far as #s go? Enough for everyone to take 5? 10? 20? There are a few cool strains that I got in trades that I only have a few to spare but otherwise I will try to make sure there is enough for everyone to take at least ten.

Is there any etiquette here when there is a bag with just a few seeds left of any particular variety?

Yeah I'm good to go to, but I have a few MOA's already...
Last year, I put about 1000+ seeds but took about only 100. This round, I put only about 30-50 seeds due to mother's nature tornado we had in the backyard
. When a bag is almost empty, I usually try to leave a couple of seeds for others to take but can't do miracles if there's only 1-2 seeds in one bag.

At the end of this train when it comes back to you Marc, will you post a list so that those of us who are at the start of the train can see it, in case there is anything that we would like, or are looking for , and it was added after we had the train :dance:

Hello all,

I have sent the seed box on to Penny.  The tracking number isn't in the system, yet, but here it is for your tracking enjoyment:  ;)

0104419000634248  (Canada Post)

Those Jamaican MOA Yellow Scotch Bonnet seeds (being sent to me directly from an agent from within that ministry) did not arrive in time to be included in the collection, unfortunately.  But, if anyone wants some, just let me know and we'll make arrangements, later.

Aaron,
I threw a twoonie in for you to apply to your shipping charges to BC.

This round, I put only about 30-50 seeds due to mother's nature tornado we had in the backyard

Wow do i remember that one... i was more fortunate than you that day. Still it didn't help at all, i expected way more pods than what i had.

I just want to take a moment to thank our train engineer, Marc, and all of the passengers.  Going through all of the seeds was more fun than when I was a child on Halloween, going through all of my loot!  Looking forward to round 4!
Andrew

The package has just arrived, came home from work for a few and there it was...thank you Andrew for sending it out. :party:

Big Lew, I need your address as your next on the list. :onfire:  :onfire:

I'll be looking at it tomorrow, I have to get back to work and tonight we are looking after our grandson who is 6 weeks old, so I don't want to be handling seeds and him :hot: , and what a great looking selection in there from what I could see. ;)

I'll post once its been sent. :dance:

Okay, address is sent!  I guess tonight I'll have to get my butt in gear and finish sorting and bagging my seeds.  I've been working on finishing the basement and have neglected them.

Can't wait :dance:

And the parcel is off...tracking number is #0103186000189306. ;)

Included in there are 2 of my favorite peppers, and although they aren't that hot, they're great producers and great to cook with, petite Marseille and esplette pepper. :dance:

was wondering depending on how fast the box gets shipped i have a vacation coming up dec 21 - jan 1 basically so if its getting near me when im about to leave if my position on the train can be switched even if its with the person behind me to give me that extra week or so, so i dont hold the train up, that or if people are ok with it taking a few extra days to send out

Hey Scott,
I suggest you send PM's to the next few people, so they get your message in a timely fashion.  They won't see this if they don't visit here on their own accord.

Andrew

was wondering depending on how fast the box gets shipped i have a vacation coming up dec 21 - jan 1 basically so if its getting near me when im about to leave if my position on the train can be switched even if its with the person behind me to give me that extra week or so, so i dont hold the train up, that or if people are ok with it taking a few extra days to send out

I'm going to guess that it will get out to you with plenty of time. It's headed to Big Lew now, then it's one stop in QC and two here on ON then you're up. I for one will be able to ship the morning after I get it. Pretty sure you'll be good to go.

That's a sweet block of holidays, you going down south for Xmas or something?

AaronRiot said:
I'm going to guess that it will get out to you with plenty of time. It's headed to Big Lew now, then it's one stop in QC and two here on ON then you're up. I for one will be able to ship the morning after I get it. Pretty sure you'll be good to go.

That's a sweet block of holidays, you going down south for Xmas or something?
ya im heading to LA for 10 days for xmas, then flying my GF from mississippi to me on jan 8th.. so fun fun...

Ambiotic said:
Hey Scott,
I suggest you send PM's to the next few people, so they get your message in a timely fashion.  They won't see this if they don't visit here on their own accord.

Andrew
ive messaged the person after me for address but no reply yet, ill message them all and see if they are ok with it being a few days late if need be, but if everyone was to get it and ship same or next day im sure ill get it in time.. i know once it hits me ill take what i need if any and deposit all my extras and ship it out that night or next day myself

The train just arrived :woohoo: I should be able to go through it tonight and hopefully have it on it's way tomorrow or Thursday at the latest!  I will post a tracking number as soon as it is on it's way.

Back