• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cayennemist's Glog 2012... THE PODS ARE COMING!

Hey guys,
I just started growing chilies, and I love it!I been growing veggies for a few years, but I wanted to up the ante.
So I picked up a Hab at the Local Armstrong Nursery a few weeks ago (Mid April 2012).When I got home,
I decided to look in to it further and find out what else is :hot:

Here is my *Out Dated List, will be Updated soon*

Supers:
Brain Strain -never germinated
Brown Devil's Tongue
Dorset Naga
Bombay Morich
Manzano
B.B. Dauglah
Choc Hab
Choc x Red Hab
Orange Hab -seeds from store bought pod 20+ seedlings for experimentation.
White 7 pod - dead
Butch T
T. Scorp Red
Choc. Bhut x Yellow 7
Yellow Bhut -never germinated
Red Bhut -never germinated

Less Hots:
Numex H. 6-4 -Growing loads and giving away to family
Serrano
Goat -never germinated, but I got more seeds
Billy Goat - 100% Germination, Dr. Cres has good seeds
Arledge
Jalapeno -8+ plants for experimentation purposes.
Cayenne
Anaheim
Chile Verde
NuMex #6
Thai
Shisito -never germed
Pablano
H. Yellow Wax
Mexican Banana
Chilaca
Wiri Wiri
Tipen
Black Pearl
Black Prince
Explosice Ember
Guajillo
LG Cherry
Red Bell
Green Bell
Rainbow Bell
Cal Wonder Bell
"sweet peppers" -HomeDepot

After a few YouTube vids I discovered Bhuts, then dug deeper and found a plethora of varieties I had never herd of. About mid April 2012, I Joined THP to get some info, when I was BOMBARDED with Hospitality. I was given seeds and even a few seedlings.

Thanks to:

Spongey600
stc3248
bamaboy1975
HwyBill
Sawdust
Dr. Cres
USMC

I now have somewhere around 20-30 Strains in all stages.

I have a nice little home made 100$ greenhouse that is already the home of a bunch of Veggies. Why not some Peppers?

Well enough ranting, here's SOME of what I got crackn'

Purple Bhut
CIMG0056-1.jpg

The Bonsai Black Pearl... Bom Bom Bommmmm!
CIMG0060.jpg

The Choc. Bhut x Yellow 7 pot
CIMG0006.jpg

The Fatalii
CIMG0003.jpg

The Cayenne! Pruned the Praxxus55712 way http://www.youtube.c...er/Praxxus55712
CIMG0008.jpg

AND A LOAD OF SEEDS IN THE JIFFY DOME!
CIMG0001-1.jpg

If you see anything wrong please let me know. As you can tell I dont have a lot to show off. This Glog is more so I can get help and learn

Those are some pretty "smart" pots! :rofl: Humor aside great idea! I'll be watching how they hold up for you, and may buy into this idea myself. Just wish they were a little bigger, 7-10 gallons would be ideal. I do have some old cloth ditty bags that might get a try. Just afraid they'll rot and fall apart half way through the season.

Very clever grow bag!!! I have to admit that seeing Walmart bags filled with dirt and plants made me giggle. I'll be curious to see how long they hold up for you. I'm definitely all for cheap growing solutions, as long as they work.

I wish that pots were the problem, but for me it's potting mix. I have some seedlings that need to be potted up, but I've run out of the good potting mix, the cheap potting mix, bagged compost, or any other growing media, and my gardening budget is long gone!

I noticed that the seems are melted together... witch means its a plastic fiber material and should not rot like cotton or paper products.
As far as breathing and drainage goes, put it this way, I held it to my mouth and was able to breath through it!​

CIMG0174-1.jpg

All I'm asking from these pots is 1 season and I think they will make it. I may throw one in to the compost pile just to test the decomposition rate.​

First chicken containers and now this....I might cry!

Awesome stuff, can't wait to see the end result.

Turns out these are the best thing for straining AACT! WHO WOULDA THOUGHT?!?!?!!?

Method #2 to get pots for cheap

Hook your landscaper up with free plants now and then and if he asks if you need anything, tell him pots.​

I went out side this morning to find this in front of my door! 1's and 3.5's​
CIMG0176-1.jpg
If you don't have a landscaper than you are out of luck.​

Hey bro,

How do make a "Bonchi" (Bonsai Chile) with a pepper plant?

I think its awesome.

Blow by blow in this one please.

If its not asking for much photos if you got them.

Also, I am trying out your paper seed method...2 days into it will keep you posted.

One last thing, check out your PM thanks a lot :)

Good Grows my man...so inspiring.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31515-bonsai-glog/

NEW PICTURES COMING SOON!

http://www.fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=105

Getting some pods!

Everything is starting to pod up like crazy​

I call this the little Jala that could.​
CIMG0245.jpg
This plant is quite small but is putting out LOADS of poppers, I mean peppers.​
CIMG0246.jpg

The Hab Goblin.​
CIMG0252.jpg

Home Depot Sweet Pepper​
CIMG0233.jpg

Cayenne​
CIMG0250-1.jpg

Home Depot Red Bell​
CIMG0249-1.jpg

Choc. Bhut x Yellow 7​
CIMG0228-1.jpg

Black Rearl Cross.. AKA Black Cayenne (for now)​
CIMG0144.jpg

That's it for Pods right now, but Next week should be interesting.​

Hear are some of next weeks pods I hope :P

Explosive Ember​
CIMG0231.jpg

Purple Bhut​
CIMG0226.jpg

Also more blossoms from Fatalii, Black Pearl v2.0, and assorted NuMex and Jalas.​

Those are totally AWESOME leaves bro! Teach me how to make the magic tea! I got a 5 gal bucket, an air pump, and a dozen dead minnows left over from fishing today, now what? haha... I am serious! How is the baby Tepins doing?

Thanx for the post!!! Be well

Looking great! You could almost take shelter under those leaves
I was thinking a kinky little outfit for my wife :party:

Looks great! Is that a Purple Bhut on the first picture?
Yes and thanks
Those are totally AWESOME leaves bro! Teach me how to make the magic tea! I got a 5 gal bucket, an air pump, and a dozen dead minnows left over from fishing today, now what? haha... I am serious! How is the baby Tepins doing?

Thanx for the post!!! Be well
Dad!
lol the babies are about 10" tall and look gorgeous! now that you ask I have an excuses to post more pics WOOT!
As for the TEA :P
1. Add Molasses or brown sugar to water and bubble for 24hrs to get out the chlorine.
2. After the chlorine is gone add your stuff: fish, compost, grass clippings, whatever
3. When the water has a foam on the top it is ready. may take 24-48 hours depending on what you put in there

note: if you use molasses, use nonsulferd black strap.

Here is a all you need to know guide:
http://thehotpepper....actcompost-tea/

I was thinking a kinky little outfit for my wife :party:

Dad!
lol the babies are about 10" tall and look gorgeous! now that you ask I have an excuses to post more pics WOOT!
As for the TEA :P
1. Add Molasses or brown sugar to water and bubble for 24hrs to get out the chlorine.
2. After the chlorine is gone add your stuff: fish, compost, grass clippings, whatever
3. When the water has a foam on the top it is ready. may take 24-48 hours depending on what you put in there

note: if you use molasses, use nonsulferd black strap.

Here is a all you need to know guide:
http://thehotpepper....actcompost-tea/

Thanx Son...hehe..OK.. will do I have been seriously wanting to try this, Seeing the awesome results ya'll are getting, the Molasses part makes sense as I use to use that in an old Jerry Baker Brew w Beer I use to spray on my plants...Are you sure we ain't brewing plant moonshine or hooch? hehe If you don't mind me asking what mix do you use the most on a daily basis? I can get fish cause I am by a lake but I do not have a grass lawn, thanx for that link and I will read it...when I find my glasses...

Honestly, use what you got or can get without effecting your life style.
K.I.S.S.
(keep it simple stupid) :P

Per 5 gal
few handfuls of compost or worm poo (fresh and alive)
2 tablespoons of Molasses to feed the critters
Couple handfulls of plantmatter like weeds or plant clippings
brew for a day and BOUYA! TEA PARTY TIME :dance:

You don't need fish every time, it just helps when you can. I use a Alaska fish from HomeDepot. Its not the best but hey its something to add to the mix.
I am bubbling 24/7... I Tea every other day or when I feel like it or the tea says "hey I'm ready"

hey Andrew, thanks for coming by! and after looking at it, the "black Pearl" i have growing is showing pointy light colored pods! will be interested to see how they turn out! LOL

Thanks guys, this has been a fun little experience growing peppers... The first week Eric hooked me up with a Brain Strain, almost made me re consider growing super hots lol.
I hadnt had even a hab in over a year and I scarfed down a freaking Brain Strain... Lets just say, my cherry was popped.

Well tonight I had a REMATCH!
Thanks to Eric again.... But this time it was a nice sized Cappy pod and I ate the bigger half. Yes Only half... I know I'm a pussy
CIMG0477.jpg

I know I am going to be hating life in the morning, I can feel it in my gut now.

I saved 32 seeds from the half I didn't eat. I'm going to dry that other half and cut it in to pizza flakes!

Yummmm gold Oily placenta from hell!
CIMG0479.jpg

Back