• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cayennemist's Glog 2012... THE PODS ARE COMING!

Hey guys,
I just started growing chilies, and I love it!I been growing veggies for a few years, but I wanted to up the ante.
So I picked up a Hab at the Local Armstrong Nursery a few weeks ago (Mid April 2012).When I got home,
I decided to look in to it further and find out what else is :hot:

Here is my *Out Dated List, will be Updated soon*

Supers:
Brain Strain -never germinated
Brown Devil's Tongue
Dorset Naga
Bombay Morich
Manzano
B.B. Dauglah
Choc Hab
Choc x Red Hab
Orange Hab -seeds from store bought pod 20+ seedlings for experimentation.
White 7 pod - dead
Butch T
T. Scorp Red
Choc. Bhut x Yellow 7
Yellow Bhut -never germinated
Red Bhut -never germinated

Less Hots:
Numex H. 6-4 -Growing loads and giving away to family
Serrano
Goat -never germinated, but I got more seeds
Billy Goat - 100% Germination, Dr. Cres has good seeds
Arledge
Jalapeno -8+ plants for experimentation purposes.
Cayenne
Anaheim
Chile Verde
NuMex #6
Thai
Shisito -never germed
Pablano
H. Yellow Wax
Mexican Banana
Chilaca
Wiri Wiri
Tipen
Black Pearl
Black Prince
Explosice Ember
Guajillo
LG Cherry
Red Bell
Green Bell
Rainbow Bell
Cal Wonder Bell
"sweet peppers" -HomeDepot

After a few YouTube vids I discovered Bhuts, then dug deeper and found a plethora of varieties I had never herd of. About mid April 2012, I Joined THP to get some info, when I was BOMBARDED with Hospitality. I was given seeds and even a few seedlings.

Thanks to:

Spongey600
stc3248
bamaboy1975
HwyBill
Sawdust
Dr. Cres
USMC

I now have somewhere around 20-30 Strains in all stages.

I have a nice little home made 100$ greenhouse that is already the home of a bunch of Veggies. Why not some Peppers?

Well enough ranting, here's SOME of what I got crackn'

Purple Bhut
CIMG0056-1.jpg

The Bonsai Black Pearl... Bom Bom Bommmmm!
CIMG0060.jpg

The Choc. Bhut x Yellow 7 pot
CIMG0006.jpg

The Fatalii
CIMG0003.jpg

The Cayenne! Pruned the Praxxus55712 way http://www.youtube.c...er/Praxxus55712
CIMG0008.jpg

AND A LOAD OF SEEDS IN THE JIFFY DOME!
CIMG0001-1.jpg

If you see anything wrong please let me know. As you can tell I dont have a lot to show off. This Glog is more so I can get help and learn

Yes sir, ill dehydrated them and make it for ya! I'll be Home wed
NICE Not sure how long these CBxY7P will take to ripen...

Great update!
Thanks man.

As always, beautiful pods and plants...ive been taking a bit of a break as well...been too busy. My CCN transplants finally seemed to be growing (well the ones with the least amount of aphid damage anyway) Most of my other plants have recovered from leafhoppers and leaf spot and ALL of my plants have set pods....WOO HOO! :party:

Ill have to post some pics soon...keep up the good stuff.

Yeah It got a bit crazy on here for a while with those miracle grow threads. I needed a break lol. I think leaf hoppers are a pain, fast little guys and the ones here fly WTF?

Everything looking good :D
Thanks Brotha do you have a Glog? I wanna see your Hydro set-up man.

Nice update, hope the cold gets better brotha! Keep that shit on the west coast!
It was one of those ones that makes your bones hurt... FK THAT! I took TheraFlu every 4-6 hrs for a few days and It helped until it was gone. I feel better now.

Looking great C !
Thank you, come again.

Yeah man, our's fly as well....and hard as hell to contact with pyrethrin. They really have done a number on me this year - I realize now how thankful I should have been years previously when I didn't have any bug problems.

This first year of growing at our new house has showed it's fair share of problems - including relatively NO beneficial, naturally occuring, insects. I saw 1, I repeat, 1 ladybug all year. I haven't seen a mantis or assassin bug, I have seen, what I assume, are the same 2 bees - through this season, but that's it. The rest is bad bugs: Cutworms, Hornworms, Leafhoppers, Aphids, Ants, Roaches, etc.

This coming grow season, I will start out using AACT from the begininning whereas, this year I began to use it relatively later in the grow. Maybe doing this next year will help to limit my bug dilemmas.

As for Posting pics, I think I may just create a sort of >>> grow log <<< to showcase this year's photos and then do a real GLOG next year....so check it out :P .

Just an Update.

I Hate Roses! I rent and there is a rose bush I cant get rid of... I swear the thing is a Bug Magnet!​
The plants closest to it have to feel the pain. Here is what I mean.​

Fuggin massive Horn Worm! I cut this bugger in half and dropped him in to the AACT!​
Revenge is bitter sweet, with a touch of horn worm.​
CIMG0569-1.jpg

The same plant was getting RAPED by aphids... Nothing a little AACT wont cure. While applying the Tea,​
The aphids where jumping on to my hand to get away.​
CIMG0574-1.jpg

On a more positive note...

The Douglah Leaves are getting even bigger!​
I did find a little horn worm munching away, but I got him before he did too much damage.​
CIMG0578.jpg

Production is crazy on my Cayenne, just loading up with pods. I want to make some powder with this guy, so that is great news.​
CIMG0559.jpg

Purple Bhut Is Podding up nicely​
CIMG0580-1.jpg

Here is a nice little canopy shot of the Fatalii and the CBxY7P​
CIMG0590.jpg

Well just a little update, nothing special except that box in in the picture right about -----------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​
That is.... Bom bom BOM! Xtreme G Sampler box!!! Funny thing about that, they sent me 2 boxes? I think they sent the second one because the first one was WAY late.​
Regardless, I am excited. LOADS OF MYCO! and also some other goodies.​
This is funny, but I think I see results already, its only been a 3 days since I loaded up on myco but every thing seems to have stretched!?!?!​
Probably just a placebo effect.​

Back