• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cayennemist's Glog 2012... THE PODS ARE COMING!

Hey guys,
I just started growing chilies, and I love it!I been growing veggies for a few years, but I wanted to up the ante.
So I picked up a Hab at the Local Armstrong Nursery a few weeks ago (Mid April 2012).When I got home,
I decided to look in to it further and find out what else is :hot:

Here is my *Out Dated List, will be Updated soon*

Supers:
Brain Strain -never germinated
Brown Devil's Tongue
Dorset Naga
Bombay Morich
Manzano
B.B. Dauglah
Choc Hab
Choc x Red Hab
Orange Hab -seeds from store bought pod 20+ seedlings for experimentation.
White 7 pod - dead
Butch T
T. Scorp Red
Choc. Bhut x Yellow 7
Yellow Bhut -never germinated
Red Bhut -never germinated

Less Hots:
Numex H. 6-4 -Growing loads and giving away to family
Serrano
Goat -never germinated, but I got more seeds
Billy Goat - 100% Germination, Dr. Cres has good seeds
Arledge
Jalapeno -8+ plants for experimentation purposes.
Cayenne
Anaheim
Chile Verde
NuMex #6
Thai
Shisito -never germed
Pablano
H. Yellow Wax
Mexican Banana
Chilaca
Wiri Wiri
Tipen
Black Pearl
Black Prince
Explosice Ember
Guajillo
LG Cherry
Red Bell
Green Bell
Rainbow Bell
Cal Wonder Bell
"sweet peppers" -HomeDepot

After a few YouTube vids I discovered Bhuts, then dug deeper and found a plethora of varieties I had never herd of. About mid April 2012, I Joined THP to get some info, when I was BOMBARDED with Hospitality. I was given seeds and even a few seedlings.

Thanks to:

Spongey600
stc3248
bamaboy1975
HwyBill
Sawdust
Dr. Cres
USMC

I now have somewhere around 20-30 Strains in all stages.

I have a nice little home made 100$ greenhouse that is already the home of a bunch of Veggies. Why not some Peppers?

Well enough ranting, here's SOME of what I got crackn'

Purple Bhut
CIMG0056-1.jpg

The Bonsai Black Pearl... Bom Bom Bommmmm!
CIMG0060.jpg

The Choc. Bhut x Yellow 7 pot
CIMG0006.jpg

The Fatalii
CIMG0003.jpg

The Cayenne! Pruned the Praxxus55712 way http://www.youtube.c...er/Praxxus55712
CIMG0008.jpg

AND A LOAD OF SEEDS IN THE JIFFY DOME!
CIMG0001-1.jpg

If you see anything wrong please let me know. As you can tell I dont have a lot to show off. This Glog is more so I can get help and learn

everything is looking good bro...even that cappy soaked colon cauterizer :rofl: . My plants (the majority) seemed to have hit a snag with the heat we have had lately. I haven't had my Caribbean red set a pod in over a week - thinking I may let the current pods ripen and then cut the branches back towards the main stem and let them re-grow until temps become ideal again.

Thanks every one!

Im pretty far behind everyone as I started peppers in April, but they seem to be catching up at a nice rate.
Cayennemist plants look awesome what plant is the third pod picture and that brain looks like it will be putting up a fight.
Thanks, I think you are talking about my Habanero? I have been avoiding the bathroom this morning...

Wow those plants are really producing. How do you do it?
Yup... goes around comes around.

everything is looking good bro...even that cappy soaked colon cauterizer :rofl: . My plants (the majority) seemed to have hit a snag with the heat we have had lately. I haven't had my Caribbean red set a pod in over a week - thinking I may let the current pods ripen and then cut the branches back towards the main stem and let them re-grow until temps become ideal again.
Im not sure about trimming it back. Can you put a shade over it and give it some extra water?

Trimming it was just an idea...not sure what the deal is with them...they were thriving and putting out serious poddage - then I noticed leafhoppers then yellow leaf edges then dropped leaves...now the center of the biggest plant is sparsely foliated. I don't think the rain , daily 90 degree temps, and constant 90%+ humidity has aided with this either.

I may move both caribs to a more shaded area and remove all the deformed and damaged leaves....

I really can't complain though, between the two plants i have harvested over 250 pods.

:dance: Update, Now with 50% more pods! :dance:

Well First of all, I took a week off of THP, I was finding my self caught up in way too much drama.​
I am one of those guys that gets way in to every thing I do, and I let every thing get to me. Also updates are more interesting when you can see a major difference.​
So here is a update that shows some BIG change, Enjoy.​

Pods First first :party:

Explosive Ember​
CIMG0495-1.jpg

Purple Bhut Jolokia​
CIMG0517-1.jpg

Choc. Bhut x Yellow 7​
CIMG0512.jpg

Black Pearl​
CIMG0524.jpg

Black Pearl Cross​
I have a cold and have been eating these medicinally to clear my sinuses. I use these because the plant has ~100 pods on it at any given time...​
Crazy little plant.​
CIMG0528-1.jpg

after a bump I'll throw on some plant pics. because I got more than 10 total​

plants look good buddy! that warm humid weather we had last week really made the plants explode in pod production, i even have 1 little choc bhut! first pod on that plant since i bought it 4/11

How's the Wally bags?!
plants look good buddy! that warm humid weather we had last week really made the plants explode in pod production, i even have 1 little choc bhut! first pod on that plant since i bought it 4/11

PODCAST TIME!

Thanks guys, and the Wally bags are as strong as the day I got them!​
Eric you are right something happened and the pods just turned on.​

Here is my Choc.B X Y7P with more pods than it knows what to do with.​
CIMG0545.jpg

Miss Fatalii Is preggers now​
CIMG0542-1.jpg

Purple Bhut Reminds me of Raisins for some reason​
CIMG0540.jpg
CIMG0556.jpg

Here is a New one to the glog... Arledge from Dr. Cres.​
CIMG0546.jpg

My Cayenne​
is making me wish Cap didn't get ban so I could rub it in his troll face
Wow those plants are really producing. How do you do it?
CIMG0547.jpg

The Kiddo's Bells are popping treats​
CIMG0548-1.jpg

HomeDepot Sweet​
CIMG0549.jpg

Black Cayenne (Black Pearl Cross)​
CIMG0551.jpg

Black Pearl​
CIMG0552.jpg

Oop that's 10...​

Pods Soon to come​
Bombay Morich (I think is the same thing as a Naga)​
Dorset Naga​
Purple Hab​
B.B. Douglah​
Sarrano​
Big Jim​
Heritage 6-4​
Chillaca​
Big cherry​
wonder bell​
and probably more.​

Next few weeks is going to be crazy!​

As always, beautiful pods and plants...ive been taking a bit of a break as well...been too busy. My CCN transplants finally seemed to be growing (well the ones with the least amount of aphid damage anyway) Most of my other plants have recovered from leafhoppers and leaf spot and ALL of my plants have set pods....WOO HOO! :party:

Ill have to post some pics soon...keep up the good stuff.

Back