• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude season 2018

Last year was pretty much a disaster, the summer turned out to be a very cold and sunless thing, so i didnt get much of anything to eat and all my efforts did go to waste.

But i am willing to try again growing those chilis, so i am not giving up so easy.

I got two last year fully grown Hot paper lanterns, so they should produce some even if the summer is not so perfect, also will grow these from seeds:

Naga morich.
Bonda ma jacques.
Petenero.
Aji golden.
Aji erotica.(baccatum erotica)
Lemon drop.
Aji crystal.
Aji pineapple.
Queen laurie.
Locato.

This time around pretty safe chilis to survive cooler climates in my opinion, inside my greenhouse.

Chilidude said:

I think it is one metre of snow by now and more is coming.
At least it reflects the light through the window. :party:

That is about one meter of snow more than I will see through my window this winter , 
again , RESPECT!

They are starting to look pretty good:

The weather have been a bit gloomy, so they have not had much sun to make them really grow but next weeks weather seems to be much better with more sunny days incoming.

My plants are in a west facing window (at work ). They only get direct sun from about 2pm till dusk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
My plants are in a west facing window (at work ). They only get direct sun from about 2pm till dusk.

I am much luckier then, they get light as soon as the sun starts to rise up in the morning. I hope they will not grow too big before i will be able to put them outside.

Chilidude said:

I am much luckier then, they get light as soon as the sun starts to rise up in the morning. I hope they will not grow too big before i will be able to put them outside.
I have all my plants at work. At my house I have access to south windows, but my wife says my pots aren’t “pretty enough “so I keep the plants at work (safe) no dogs or kids to mess with them. It works out for me. [emoji16] Only another month or so till the plants hit the garden. Hopefully.

Decided to top all of my plants below the y fork, when they started to show signs of flowering:

Now i hope the summer will be good and the topping will make them produce loads of pods in the end. Maybe this topping will make them skip early june flowering and not produce those mini pods because of the cooler weather at the time.

Good Luck on that, I have no anticipation on what kind of weather we are going to get, its all over the map, supposed to go up to +14c this week and 0c at nights, will see.

Walchit said:
Nice greenhouse! One of these years I will have one

Cold frame or a greenhouse is a must, if you want to grow chilis in here. Palram is the maker, I guess it is pretty ok basic greenhouse for about 500e and it did survive the winter time so not too bad.

I also have the automatic roof ventilation opener to make things more easier for me.

Something is finally happening with my chilis:

I see sidestems forming, they have been so slow to do anything visible for a while now that is pretty nerve wracking thing for me to figure out if i did something really bad to upset my chilis. :rolleyes:

I guess they where just teasing me and now they are giving me the carrot after growing enough roots in the big containers. It took about 10 days before they started to grow after i transplanted them in the final containers.

Back