• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Chilidude season 2018

Last year was pretty much a disaster, the summer turned out to be a very cold and sunless thing, so i didnt get much of anything to eat and all my efforts did go to waste.

But i am willing to try again growing those chilis, so i am not giving up so easy.

I got two last year fully grown Hot paper lanterns, so they should produce some even if the summer is not so perfect, also will grow these from seeds:

Naga morich.
Bonda ma jacques.
Petenero.
Aji golden.
Aji erotica.(baccatum erotica)
Lemon drop.
Aji crystal.
Aji pineapple.
Queen laurie.
Locato.

This time around pretty safe chilis to survive cooler climates in my opinion, inside my greenhouse.

Chilidude said:
I think it is high time for them to start getting some good old spring sun from now on:

Nothing grows chilis better than the sun.

Nice shot and setup.
As for the quote, it depends on circumstances, possibly, I've no doubt the right amount of sunshine is as effective as anything..I may get some experience with lots of indirect light on my balcony this summer. Have a feeling the HPS will be more effective but we'll see :)

chelicerae said:

Nice shot and setup.
As for the quote, it depends on circumstances, possibly, I've no doubt the right amount of sunshine is as effective as anything..I may get some experience with lots of indirect light on my balcony this summer. Have a feeling the HPS will be more effective but we'll see :)

Well, in my particular case they get direct sunshine from early morning to sundown placed next to the window so i am all good.

Is it warm enough to take them on a field trip outside? [emoji846]
Here the weather has been colder in March , than it was in February. [emoji45]
I’ve taken my plants outside only a couple times this March. Gave them some fresh air and some sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
Is it warm enough to take them on a field trip outside? [emoji846]

Not a chance..We still got at least half metre snow all over the place and you are planning to take my plants to a field trip outside. :rofl:

Chilidude said:

Right..We still got at least half metre snow all over the place and you are planning to take my plants to a field trip outside. :rofl:

Just wondering about your weather conditions there [emoji846]

PtMD989 said:
Just wondering about your weather conditions there [emoji846]

Early spring still, we are just breaking a little over that 0C line if the sun is shining. I still got about two months before i can take them outside, so i have lot of time to grow my plants big and strong.

At what min temperature do you like to set your plants outside, for fresh air and sunshine?

New leaves of the c.baccatum are starting to look fine after i changed the ration to part A 15ml/part B 15ml to 10 litres of water and no epsom salt added:

C.baccatum are nice way to measure if your fertilizer mixture is good, if the leaves dont look fine after a while something is wrong with the rations. C.chinense are so slow growing in the beginning that you dont notice anything is wrong before shit hits the fan.

I am done fooling around with this B'cuzz coco a+b fertilizer, equal amount of both a+b stuff mixed in with the water is the safe middle ground for this fertilizer and cant get any easier than that for two part fertilizer.

Aji Cerezas have proven to be my "mining canary" for fertilizer mixes. Same thing, whatever is gonna happen, they show it first, and fastest!

The good balance for the B'cuzz coco A+B have been found:

It is now all smooth sailing until it is time for them to go outside and i will then start hitting them with my remaining supply of Ghe floramicro/floramato. Once that supply have run out in a season or two, it is all B'cuzz A+B for me after that.

TrentL said:
Aji Cerezas have proven to be my "mining canary" for fertilizer mixes. Same thing, whatever is gonna happen, they show it first, and fastest!

All Aji plants i have tested have this similar thing and if they dont look good, your nutrition balance plain sucks dog testicles and that is all!

dragonsfire said:
I like those knobbly pots lol.

They provide nice grip when i want to move the plants around and i really cant overwater the plants anymore because of the rised bottom section that lets any extra water fall to the bottom of the trays for the roots to suck it back up when they grow out of the bottom.

My observation on using perlite with coco coir have it's good and bad points in various situations. In indoor growing using too much perlite will make the coco coir hold on the moisture for too long and it is not a good thing at all growing chilis using regular containers and not something like the air-pots.

Using little bit of perlite and coco coir in those air-pots might be a good thing because now the coco coir will not dry out so fast because of the perlite moisture/air holding ability.

Looking great.
Is that still snow outside the window?

Respect to you and any other chillihead growing in those conditions!

karoo said:
Looking great.
Is that still snow outside the window?

Respect to you and any other chillihead growing in those conditions!

I think it is one metre of snow by now and more is coming. Now i took all my air-pots out of the greenhouse and will put all of my chilis inside them, because i dont like the fact that the perlite holds the moisture for too long using regular containers.

Back